Chapter - 21

WHISPERS OF HEART

"Little one....."

"Hmm.... "

They were sitting hand in hand, Cara's head was kept on Sehun's shoulder. 

"Has it ever happened... You want to tell me something so bad but you can't?" Sehun asked to which Cara looked up at him...  She knew it happened all the time, her words always stuck in .

"It happens." she didn't say 'always' she kept that secret.

"Why? Why does it happen?" Sehun asked looking at her. This time she avoided his eyes. 

"Because of our insecurities..perhaps..." she said playing with her fingers. 

He took her hands in his and caress her fingers with his thumb. 

"Why can't we just shoo away these insecurities?" Sehun asked to which Cara looked at him. 

"We always want our person to see the best in us, may be we are just afraid...they will see otherwise...and.. ." Cara was saying but Sehun interrupted.

"Will you love me if I am not my best anymore..?.. " Sehun asked looking straight into her eyes. Those eyes made Cara nervous still she needed to reply this.

"Of course I will, there is no way I can unlove you in  this lifetime." Cara replied tightly holding Sehun's hand.

"Then what is stopping us from telling each other everything and be frankly honest?" Sehun asked holding both of her hands. 

"I have so many things.... I want to know about you and I want you to know about me....i want to know your favorite colour, your fevorite ice cream flavor, when was the last time you cried watching a movie? When was your first experience of victory, what makes you happiest, what made you saddest.... So... Much more...." Sehun said again.... 

"Why don't you ask me one by one? So that I can answer." Cara said with a genuine smile. 

"Okay.... 1st...... What is your favorite color?" Sehun asked with curious eyes. 

"Red.... " Cara answered.

"Why.... Why do you like red...?" Sehun asked again...

"Ummm...it is beautiful, its unique and so many things of this colour are pretty, like the sun. Plus most importantly it makes me feel confident. " Cara said, smile never leaving her lips. 

"Okay next question.... What's your dream?" Sehun asked again.

"Umm... It's a little embarrassing... I want to be loved, appreciated and respected, by people, especially my father and... You." Cara said diverting her eyes from him. 

"I love you, I appreciate you a lot and I respect you as much." Sehun said as soon as Cara finished saying.

"Of course I know.... I know you do that, but babe you do that as a man...as my man. But I want to be loved, appreciated and respected as a fellow human being. You get that...nah!" Cara said and Sehun nodded.

After a moment of silence understanding Sehun spoke again. "Enough of my questions, why don't you ask me something instead." 

Cara laughed a little...."I won't."

"Why?" Sehun asked looking a little disappointed, "Aren't you curious about me?" he asked again. 

"Well... Yes... I am... But..... " Cara halted. 

"But what.... " Sehun asked with pout.

"Listen, there are a lot of things I want to know about you, but I won't ask you them, 
rather I prefer to learn it day by day, over years. 

I want to observe which color do you prefer to wear more....

which design you like for yourself....

I want to live your dream with you....

And then day by day in no time I would know everything about you..

 I am not in rush, we got a lifetime." Cara finished saying and finally looked at him. 


Sehun slid his hands under her ears and pulled her into a kiss. The kiss deepened and both of them were breathing heavily with messy hair. 

"How can I not love you?" Sehun said caressing her cheekbones.

"Can I ask you something?" Cara asked as they held hands again.

"Why did you come here without telling anyone and lied unnie?" Cara asked.

"If you don't want to tell me, it's completely fine and I understand." Cara added. 

Sehun stayed silent for a moment. 

"Hey, did you eat today?" Cara asked trying to change the atmosphere.

"You were forced into marrying me, weren't you ?" Sehun asked without looking at her. Cara felt cold, her body seems to be freezing from the question. 

"You gave up on piano for me. I now know how painful was it for you to endure an unwanted relationship." Sehun said his eyes wet. 

"I kept irritating you, I kept thinking you were just homesick when you were going through so much. I never understood you." Sehun's tears started flowing.

 Cara looked at him, she was scared still she did that because what she has now, she can never afford to lose that. The person sitting next to her was crying thinking how painful was it for her! How could someone be like this, she wondered if a person like Sehun is reality. She took a deep breath and took Sehun's face in her hands, she gently wiped his tears and took him in a hug. 

"Were you thinking about this all day?" Cara asked holding his hands tightly as if she was afraid she would lose him. Sehun didn't say a word. 

"Okay let me tell you a story." Cara said looking at him. 

"There was a girl, who programmed herself just like a robot about her Dos and Don'ts... She was afraid to make a single mistake. She couldn't afford to see her father more dissapointed in her than he already was. She never had any say in her life decisions even her hobbies were choosen for her 'well-being'... She thrived to be perfect and everytime she failed and blamed herself." Sehun knew who that girl was. 

"She was tired but she didn't stop...and one day someone came into her life who brought her happiness and she found something she really wanted to do, music, her piano. She fall in love with piano and him." Cara said and looked at Sehun, why didn't he look shocked? There is no way he already knew. Or he didn't care. Cara stayed silent. 

"Falling in love is no crime, in fact it is the purest form of emotion. Being able to love is itself a blessing." Sehun said as he understood what Cara needed to hear. 

After a minute she continued "He was first one she felt happy with, he was her first love. At least she thought it was love and there is no chance she can live without him..." Saying this Cara looked at Sehun, Sehun's eyes were fixed at her. He was listening. Sehun stopped himself from jumping into conclusions, he learned his lesson for assuming things, he knew the person beside him, is his wife and they love each other, This is the most important fact and he gonna keep that in his mind. 

"At first everything was beautiful and it's was just like a fluffy high school love story. She truly loved him but with time things were not as beautiful as before because her emotional dependancy was too much to handle. She didn't realize when things became toxic. She would always seek validation, which was tiring." Cara could not hold her tears anymore, they rolled down her cheeks but Sehun didn't let them reach her neck.

"Shhh..... " Sehun said keeping a finger on her lips and hugged her tightly.

"They lacked communication, the person she loved never said a thing and always acted as if everything is okay until the end." Cara said staying in that hug. 

"Neither the boy complained nor the girl realised... God knows from where things started to go wrong.... Until one-day ...." Cara took a breath. "He left.... Just like that." Cara choked. Sehun tried to stop her but she insisted on continuing.

"He left without a word, neither he explained nor he let her. For days, months and years he ghosted her, she searched for him like crazy. It broke her, it broke her to the extent that she was never before." Cara was trying to control her tears now. " Sehun covered and nodded negativly to stop talking about the topic which hurt her. 

"Silent, full of self doubt and what not..... but still she believed he will come back, she never gave up hope, she waited for more than 5 years and trust me it passed like ages." Cara was a bit stable now. 


"She had no self confidence left, the person for whom she started playing piano with whom she did countless concerts left her with the paino alone. Both the piano and she were lonely. Now that piano became her everything.....but..... "

"But never she dared to climb on a stage again. Whenever she played piano she remembered him. She believed he will come back one-day but that day never came."

"For years she kept texting him many times a day although she knew he changed his SIM card, she called every single day hoping it will ring once. With time it became once in a day, then once a week and few times a months, finally she stopped. Still confused why he left." Cara's eyes were moist again. Sehun's knuckle grew white. How could someone be such a -head, he only thought to himself.

 "Little did she know she was responsible for it too." She said looking at the ground and Sehun tightly hugged her and this time he didn't let go. There was silence for few moments, Sehun didn't dare to utter a word, he knew how sensitive this situation was. He just kept rubbing her back to let her know, he is here.

"You know what.... the day he left was her birthday, so she hated that day, she was wearing black that day, she thought black was tabbo after that." Sehun clearly remembered what happened in her birthday, that accident, he didn't even want to think about it. 

"She just needed a closure, which she never got. How could she start anew when she knew she might have to go through it all over again, she couldn't afford to trust anymore, neither people nor in love. Then one-day everything changed, she was asked to marry someone she didn't know." Cara said looking at the sea. 


"She knew that day will come, but still she was not really ready. But no-one asked her permission, it was not her decision. She was told, it was for her own good. Out of frustration she started hating the idea of getting married." Sehun didn't say anything, he kept looking at her. To be honest he was a bit scared, 

"But the real thing was, she was afraid of trusting someone." Cara looked at Sehun briefly.

"And then she was married and came to someone's house with a lot of trust issues, with a complete negative mindset. She didn't even want to give that relationship a chance. She was sure she will be hurt again. More than that she was also scared she will hurt the person more." Cara said without looking at Sehun. She couldn't, she just couldn't.

"But... Nothing went as she expected. The person was out of all her expectations. She never thought she will see herself in the person. She was someone, who would put endless efforts into a relationship for it to work, she would do anything to make her partner happy, she was like that. For her happiness of the person she loved was everything. She could never imagine she would be treated like that ever. She could barely believe all of it was real. She was astonished by the amount of care, understanding and love she was showered with. The person not only made her fall in love with him but also made her love herself, he made her realise that her way of loving someone was not wrong, may be the situation and person weren't right at that time." finally Cara looked at him. 

"Her husband whom she hated without knowing, she fell head over heels for him. She was now able to trust and give her all to this relationship. She is afraid of only one thing, she was actually. She was scared what if he stops loving her? But after today she isn't anymore. She know now even if that day comes, she will pour double amount of love into this relationship and will always make it work." Cara said holding Sehun's hand tightly. Sehun's eyes were full of tears and were threatening to fall anytime.

"If I could love the wrong one like crazy then won't I be loving my right one with all the love of universe?" Cara asked trying hold her tears. 

"You are my everything...babe." Sehun said initiating a deep kiss. 
"You deserve the world." he said within.