chapter 15

WHISPERS OF HEART

Smile did not leave Cara's face as she walked from her father's room to hers, untill she stoped at the door; Sehun was there. Although they had talked and did not bring the kiss since that morning, the fact that back then they were surrounded by other people couldn't be neglected but now they're at a different place. Now they are alone in the same room where they have kissed, she did not know what to do. To be very very honest with herself, she did not want to just ignore this matter but she was not really ready to talk about it from herself. When she was looking at Sehun, all she could remember was Sehun's flawless skin, wet hair and the most perfect and juicy lips. Urghhhh what was she thinking?! How can she think that. She scolded herself. 'Of course you can, it's your husband. Husband!' Another voice spoke in her mind.

She was so much engrossed in her own thoughts that she did not even realise Sehun has already caught her standing near the door.

Sehun was confused, he was not particularly scared but still, there was a fear in his heart. It's not that he did not want to take their relationship to next step. He was ready; since the beginning of eternity (okay, it was a joke). But this time he wanted Cara to take lead. He was willing to wait, he was okay with that. But when finally Cara took the lead, and they become little close, he was reluctant to go back to be friends again. He was keeping wondering over one question all day. Was that kiss meaningful to Cara? Does she feel something for him too?! He wanted to know, he badly wanted to. But.... he did not know how to ask. Although Cara was not particularly ignoring him, he was sure. She was avoiding his eyes, she was avoiding to talk about that. He wanted to ask, but may be in future. When she is not acting like this. May be it was just a flow of moment for her. It hurt Sehun to think that way. Still he did not want to take his hope much higher than it already was. Okie now he have to normalise their conversation and may be he will try to take baby steps towards their next step of relationship. Just may be.

"Hi!" Sehun said coming near the door where Cara was standing in a low voice, but she did not react to that hi, she stayed like that untill Sehun touched her arm after few moments. "Are you okay? you are zoning out." Sehun asked in a concerned voice.
"Ummm?!" Cara seems to be absent-minded.
"Are you ready? Did you pack everything? Do you need help?" Cara asked one after another without break, every one could notice she was hella nervous. But Sehun thought she was uncomfortable.
"Everything is almost done, don't worry." Sehun said forcing a smile. That did not go unnoticed by Cara. Was Sehun angry with her?! May be because Cara crossed the line she should not have.
"Okie ... I will be downstairs, I will let you know when the taxi gets here." Cara excused herself saying it when Sehun called her from behind.
"Cara...." Sehun called. Now Cara was sure, Sehun was angry or perhaps hates her. Other wise he has never once called her Cara, when they are alone. She was not anymore his Little one. She messed everything up.
"Can I take your pen drive? That movie one.... I act... .." Cara did not even hear one word, she just nodded positively and left. She wanted to hide or may be cry. She was not sure. But now she did not want to be seen by Sehun. She did not know why but she could not bear the fact that, Sehun now hates her.

Sehun zipped his suitcase. "Oh...finally it's done." Sehun sighed sitting on the bed. "Taxi is here." Sehun heard Cara calling from downstairs.
"Coming." Sehun got up from the bed to reach his suitcase and then he remembered something.
'Pendrive.'
He opened the drawer where he slid the Pendrive last night, but since when the Pendrive stared to produce clone?!
There were total of 5 pendrives, two of them were red, which Sehun was sure were not from last night. But what's with these 3 black ones?! How would he recognise?! "SEHUNNN..." Sehun heard Cara calling his name again. So he took the 3 of them with him, he will ask Cara which one is movie one later.

Cara knew she would be sad when she would leave here, but she did not know, she would find it difficult to even speak. She always have been the person who speaks very little when she is not emotionally balanced. But at that moment she could not even utter a word. It felt ridiculous, it always did. Still she could not do anything about it. She just stood there when Sehun was busy loading the luggage in the taxi, Mrs Park was still packing snacks and running from here to there in the kitchen. Mr Park was talking something with the driver.

"We are ready to go." Sehun said coming near her. "Wait wait... keep it inside." Mrs Park said handing over few poly bags. "Mama you have already given do much." Sehun said smiling.
"Keep it for my another daughter, Grace." She said  and Sehun nodded smiling.

"Cara..." Sehun called to which Cara looked towards him. "Let's go... it's already evening."
Cara tried to move but she could not. Her vision started to blur, before she realised her cheeks felt wet. She was crying. Suddenly she felt two tender arms held her tightly. It was no other than her mother. She still could not speak. She just looked at her eyes, like telling her to understand how she is feeling.
"I know beta... you don't wanna leave. Neither I want you to my child." Mrs Park said voice almost cracking.
"Cara.... you wanna stay?! Please don't cry... stay as long as you want, okie..." Sehun said voice filled with concern.
"Cara... come here." Mr Park said voice soft. Cara looked towards him, but still standing there.
"Cara... I said come here." Mr Park said little too loudly.
"You are scaring her." Mrs Park said looking towards her husband.
Cara found her feet moving towards the direction her mother was looking. As she walked to her father, she felt his eyes soften. He gently put his hand on her head.
"Breathe....breathe...." he said gently rubbing her back with another hand.
 "So... now tell me one thing truly. Are you unhappy there?!" Mr Park asked eyes still soft. Cara shook her head negatively.
"This home is yours. It is your first home and it will always be. If staying here is what you want, no one will be able to take you from here." Mr Park said looking towards Sehun, who was standing there not knowing what to do.

"I will put down your luggage then." Sehun said after a while.

"No... I.. w...ill go..." Cara finally spoke is whisper_like voice. Sehun came near her and asked in a slow voice "Sure?!" Cara nodded positively.

Although Mr Park seem little reluctant but then he let go Cara's arm which he was holding and Cara walked to the car. She looked towards the direction her parents were standing before entering the car. If she was not mistaken... Did she saw a tear drop slide down from her father's eye? As she again looked back she did not see any sign of it. She must be over thinking.

"Give me your phone." Sehun asked after few minutes.
They were out of their village and moon light was the only light source enabling them to see each other's face. Cara looked at him and gave him her phone.

Sehun typed something and then said "here." Cara looked towards it.

It was a text message saying "Mama Papa I am going to miss you so so much. But don't worry okie... I am fine."

"You just need to press 'send'." Sehun said smiling towards her.
"Should I?!" Sehun asked before pressing the botton,  to which Cara hummed.
"See its that easy." Sehun smiled and Cara smiled back at him faintly.

A text popped up. "We will miss you too my baby." From Mrs Park.
"Don't make her cry. Take good care of her. Let us know when you reach home." Are text flashed on Sehun's phone from his father in law. Sehun smiled at the text and showed the phone to Cara. Cara's eyes glistened. She could never understood her father. She never understood his anger, his unreasonable arguments with her mother, his way of showing care, his language of love. She never did. But this time she found him different, not fully different from what he used to be, yet a little more caring and....

 

"Papa loves you more than everything." Cara's chain of thoughts were interrupted by Sehun.
"He seem to like you more." Cara said unintentionally showing a little disappointment.
"Don't tell me you are jealous." Sehun said pointing his finger towards Cara.
"I am rather happy, at last he found a son; he always longed for." Cara said showing her not very real smile. Sehun remain silent for a while.

Moments later Sehun gently put his hand on hand. She looked towards him, eyes void of any expression.
"I don't think it's like that." Sehun said squeezing her hand.

"Hmmm.." Cara said and turned back to face window.
"Why do you think that way?!" Sehun asked pulling her hand gently.

But Cara did not say anything. Sehun realised she is avoiding this conversation he remained silent as well. As the silence consumed the surrounding it became a kind of comfortable with time. They reach their destination around the time they estimated.

A warm hug from Grace followed by granny welcomed them as they entered the door. Sehun informed his in laws about their arrival and bid good night. Mrs Oh was not still home so Grace gave her a call to inform their arrival.

"Get freshen up and rest a little. I will call you when it's time for dinner." Grace told them and Cara hummed.

Sehun took a long warm shower after Cara was done with hers. Cara closed her eyes and remained silent trying to fell asleep. She did not know what was wrong but she was feeling a little down. She thought his father has changed a little this time. She felt he was trying to make efforts to be with her this time. But damn how wrong she was! He was happy because he actually got a son. She knew it's true. She believed it. How badly she wished his father would recognise her and will be proud of her, but she never felt that. She has heard it many times when him saying "I would not have object to this, if she was a boy." Was not it suppose to hurt. She doesn't care it was or wasn't. It hurted her. It hurted her badly.

But in all this; Who is to blame?! Definitely not Sehun. What is wrong with her? Why is she behaving like a child. She thought she liked Sehun? She really did?! Or it was just.... No it can't be. It was getting more frustrating.


Bathroom door opened, Cara kept pretending to be asleep. Her head was a mess, she definitely would not want to make things worse between her and Sehun.

Sehun sat on the couch, scrolled down the web, he was not particularly finding anything interesting. Still he kept doing it untill he heard a knock on the door.

"Food is ready." Grace said opening the door a little. "We will be there in 5" Sehun responded keeping the phone aside.
"Is she asleep?!" Grace asked pointing towards Cara. "Nah, she is just lying there, she is just tired." Sehun responded with a smile. Cara faceplamed herself inside her head and turned around to smile at Grace.

"Come down quickly." Grace said smiling towards her.



................




"You should come to office by 10, I will be there  beforehand. But yes remember to look at the material I handed you the other day." Mrs Oh said as they finished their dinner. Cara nodded positively.

"Rest a lot today. We have a lot to catch up later." Grace said before biding good night after they were done with cleaning the kitchen and sink. "Sure unnie." Cara said smiling.


Cara opened her bed room door, before entering she scanned for Sehun, but she did not found him. She released a breath and went to slid into the bed before Sehun comes inside.

"What did I do to deserve your ignorance?!" Sehun asked from the door, opening it and entering, his voice heavier than usual.

"I am no...t. . ." Cara said stopping midway without facing Sehun.

"You surely are." Sehun said closing the door.
 
Cara resumed her walk to bed, but before she climb into it, Sehun called "Cara....." his voice serious.

"Stop calling me that, already." Cara's voice frustrated.

"Take rest, tomorrow is a big day." Cara said sitting on the bed facing ground.

Sehun slowly walked to her, he sat near Cara's feet, slowly put his head on Cara's lap and looked towards her face.

"If you are angry, yell at me. If you are sad, share it with me. If you are frustrated, vent it out on me. I don't mind. Just don't keep silent. Please.... please... I beg you." Sehun's eyes were moist.

"Hunniee...." Cara said, her voice cracking. Seeing Sehun like this, broke her heart. She slowly touched Sehun's cheeks.

"S...o..... sorry....." Cara said keeping her hand in Sehun's cheeks.

"Don't be.... no sorry....okie.... I know there must be things... you don't wanna share... they are your secret... it's okay... I understand.... But..... but.... if something concerns me.... you should tell me right... I deserve to know... don't I? And if it's something which doesn't concern me.... then you should not ignore me for that. Am I wrong? Communication is key. It really doesn't matter if I am the one who takes 99 steps towards you.. but you should at least take the last step, right?." Sehun said sitting on the bed next to Cara.

" Okie.... it's getting late... we should sleep." Sehun said standing up.

"It's about Papa." Cara who was sitting silently, spoke in a slow tone. Sehun turn around to look at her.

"He.... I ... I don't know.... why he... is never happy with me." Cara said and unintentionally her eyes were moist.

"He.... you.... he changed after... he... you.......... This time he seemed different. He seemed happy." Cara continued, her eyes threatened her to spill up the tears.

"He found a son." Cara said and her tears found its way out. They just did not stop. Cara kept wiping them as she continued. "He always wanted one. Always.... he said... if I was a boy... he would have let me to do.... this... that.... he always. .. why.... he... why....I am not enough? Why I need to be a boy to get his love? His care... his attention." Cara's voice cracking.

"Hey... hey... please... don't cry. Sushh!!! Calm down. " Sehun said holding her hands and rubbing it.

"Should I be honest with you here?" Sehun asked as her tears somehow slowed down.

"Little one, You are more than enough... you don't need to be something else to get someone's love or affection......... Let me tell you a thing today. Never do that... never ever. Whoever will love you. Will love you for what you are. If they want you to change to just love you. Then you are better off that love." Sehun said squeezing her hand sitting in front of her, on the bed.

"I think you should sleep for now. My mom is not really a sweet boss. Tomorrow is a special day." Sehun said after few moments of silence, keeping his hand on Cara's head affectionately.

Sehun got up from his place and drank a glass of water and lay down, his back facing Cara.

Cara was looking at his back, she was not sure why, but she was just doing it. Her heart was not paining anymore but it was not calm either. All she wanted now to watch him and take care of him. She now wanted to 'love' him. She wanted to keep him with her and give him the world.

She wanted him. She needed him. She was willing to take more steps than the only last one. She knew how it feels to be only one who puts effort, she did not want Sehun to feel so. Sehun was too pure and delicate. She wanted to protect him. But...... why there was a 'but' inside her heart?! Why she was scared when she know Sehun won't hurt her? Sehun won't. She knew, doesn't she? But still.... even though she is going to be hurt at end of the day, if it's Sehun, she was willing to try.

She always believed that, regretting after doing something is better than the regret of not taking the chance.

So is she going to take the chance? May be! She saves the question for later and looks at the clock, it was already 2 hours past midnight. She still can't sleep. Tomorrow is a big day. Not only because of her job, but also for a new start inside her heart. She was barely seeing any chance of falling asleep.

She keeps silence for few minutes before getting bored of silence. She barely feels so.


"Are you sleeping?!" Cara asked in a low voice.

"I am weird right. See how I got jealous of you and I am complaining about it to you. Do you find it funny too?!" Cara said the last line in a sarcastic manner.


"Can I complain about something too?!" Sehun asked turning his side to face Cara.

"I did not feel he treated me as his son." Sehun said coming a little close to Cara.

"Huh?" Cara asked confused.

"Your father..... I did not feel he treated me as his son.. .. .. All I felt was I was just your husband to him. All we talk was about you. Even if something was about me, It was just like a formality. It did not felt real." Cara kept silent and let Sehun continue.

Of course... I did not intend to find my dad in  your father. Still.... he just was your father. I was shocked when you said how his behaviour felt, for a fraction of moment, I wished it was true. Sorry, but I did not wanted to steal your father, but I just wished I had my dad to care for me like that." Sehun said, his voice cracked a little when he mentioned 'dad'.

"I don't know what misunderstandings  are there between you both. But little one....He loves you. May be He just is unable to show it in a proper way... you know, he even kept your childhood picture as his laptop wallpaper. I feel he just misses you. But don't worry I won't tell you to believe my words right away. But misunderstanding should be solved as soon as possible. Give him a chance. You don't need to, but if you want you can always prove him wrong for wanting you to be a boy." Sehun said showing a big smile on his face.

"Why are you like this?" Cara said holding collar of his shirt.

"Ohho. .. ma'am clam down. Ain't I great?" Sehun asked in a teasing tone.

"You ain't great at all." Saying this Cara covered her arms around his neck and snuggle into his chest.

"You are a stupid."

"You are the most stupidest person. Even more stupid than my jealously."

"I wish, I could hold you forever like this." Sehun said covering the blanket over them.

Cara rises her head and looked at Sehun, eyes full of affection. She slowly moves her hand from his forehead to his chin, as he closes eyes, she slowly presses her lips on the spot between his eye brows. Sehun instantly open his eyes.

"Sleep." Cara says in a soft voice, giving a peak on his lips and goes back to her snuggling.

Their hearts keeps beating in a harmony, faster than any normal heart; whispering them to sleep before a new sun rises with a new tomorrow.