chapter 4

WHISPERS OF HEART

Under the cold shower, finally Cara’s tear were finding its way down. Why the hell she yelled at the very person who cares for her more than anything. Why she can’t treasure the person who values her. She had been the one who never wanted to hurt anyone but always unintentionally hurt the person who actually cares for her. Back then her best friends and now her husband. She has to apologize to Sehun, thinking this she came out from the bathroom just to find a sleeping Sehun on couch. He was sleeping really uncomfortably. “Sehun” she called in a low voice. He did not respond. “Sehun…” she called little louder. He still did not respond. He was actually asleep? He never sleeps without bathing! Cara thought to herself. She slowly took off his shocks as she knew he does not like wearing shocks during night. She was just about to go to her bed; she looked at the burn area of his palm. “You are so careless, you know.” Cara said slowly before fetching the first-aid kit. She applied some cream in his hand. It was probably the first time she was caressing his hand. She closely saw the patterns of his hand, slowly moving her finger with his lines. Finally she bid a good night after writing a sorry on his palm with her index finger.

Cara was watching Sehun when the very same person was fully engrossed in his breakfast. Today morning he simply bid good morning with a smile after putting vermilion on her head. He did not kiss her temple today. ‘Do you really expect a good morning kiss after hurting him and yelling at him, wahhh!!!? Great.’ Her inner self mocked at her. Sehun still did not say anything before going to his office. Cara felt a ping of pain in her chest.

“Cara, you want to join office?” Mrs. Oh asked to which Cara nodded negatively unconsciously. “Do let me know when you want to join beforehand.” Mrs. Oh said before taking her last sip of juice. “Mom you said something.” Cara asked getting cautious. “Do you miss your parents Beta?” The grand mom asked looking towards her. “Nah I just talked to Mom this morning.” Cara smiled back. “You have not visited them since your marriage, you should visit them once.” Mom said getting up. “I will ask Sehun to drop you.” Grand mom said pouring some juice on Unnie’s glass. “I can’t drink this much.” Unnie cried. “You want me to feed a 26 year child?” Grand mom made a face. “Sehun is busy grandma.” Cara protested. “I will ask him to take you to during weekends.” Grand mom said before forcing Unnie to drink the full glass. “Ok.” Cara smiled.

“Did you guys quarrel?” Grace asked while helping Cara with lunch preparations. “It’s all, my fault.” Cara said sadly. “Don’t worry, Sehun can’t stay angry for long time. Just make him notice your smile. He will melt.” Unnie said before putting spice in the panner curry to which I smiled sheepishly.

“Cara, actually I am meeting Suho tomorrow.” Grace said hesitantly after a few minutes of silence. “You guys talked?” Cara asked giving a smile. “Not actually.” Grace said. “Then?” Cara asked getting confused. “I just send him a voice note to meet him and asked him not to call me before that.” Grace said holding Cara’s hand. “Thank you Cara.” Grace smiled at her. “I did not do anything, it was you, thank yourself.”

Sehun was back before family dinner time. As the bell rang Cara went to open door. She had chatted with Sehun this afternoon. Sehun was replying normally. “Welcome home.” Cara said smiling. “Where is Unnie?” Sehun asked changing into slippers. “She is in her room. Why don’t you first eat?” Cara asked to which Sehun replied “later…”

‘What is wrong with him? Was not he talking normally on chat? Well he is talking normally now too, is not it all you wanted? You yourself asked for it.’ Cara’s inner voice snapped at her.

After changing into a blue t- shirt and grey pajama, Sehun went to kitchen. He made two cups of instant coffee without uttering a word like Cara was not even there. It would be a lie if Cara will say, she did not felt bad. “Sehun….” Cara called as Sehun hold those mugs in her hand. “Are you angry?” Cara asked in a low tone. “I am little tensed about Unnie. You said she is going to meet Suho.” Sehun answered before smiling a bit. Cara knew how much Sehun cared about Unnie. She herself was little tensed for Unnie too. She has seen how Grace reacted that day in hospital.

“So you are sure about that?” Sehun asked second time for confirmation. “Yes my little brother, don’t worry. I will go alone and that’s final. Don’t you dare to ditch office for me?” “Ok ok!!!!” Sehun said putting his head on his sister’s lap.

“You look down. What happened?” Grace asked caressing his brother’s hairs. “I feel tired, just need some good sleep.” Sehun said making a pout. Grace understood he does not want to share, so she just smiled back saying. “See how acting like a kid.”

“Unnie let’s have dinner. Umm… Sehun you too…” Cara came to call for dinner. “Unnie lets feed me here, I am too lazy to go.” Sehun asked Grace showing puppy eyes. “Ask your wife to feed you; I am done with pampering you, little brother.” Grace smiled and walked away from the room after winking to Cara. “I will bring our meal to our room.” Cara asked. “I was just teasing Unnie. I will eat downstairs.” Sehun said getting up. “Just go to room, I am bringing food, we will have dinner… umm date.” Cara said not letting Sehun to answer.

“Why there is only one plate?” Sehun asked as Cara entered. “Unnie said you wanted me to feed you, so it will be uncomfortable to feed you from one and eat from another.” Cara said with a smile.

“God I asked Unnie to feed me, not you.” Sehun said getting little embarrassed.

“It’s same, whether she feeds or me.” Cara said putting plate in front of Sehun.

“How is it same? Are you my Unnie?” Sehun joked and Cara instantly said a sharp “NO… I mean no. what are you talking?” Cara’s ear became little red. “I am your wife.” Cara managed to say without looking at him. At that line, something inside Sehun felt warm, just near his chest maybe it was his heart. Cara held out a spoon full of jerra rice in front of him. Sehun looked at Cara, ‘Is she doing it from heart or because Unnie asked her to?’ he wanted to ask but did not. After the dinner was done, Cara opened the Tiffin with a smile showing the same cake, Sehun was making yesterday. “It’s a sorry cake.” Cara said taking one in her hand to feed him. “I am the one, who should be sorry.” Sehun said before taking that cake from her hand.

After doing the dishes When Cara came to room Sehun was still in bathroom. A smirk appeared on her face as she looked at the water bottle placed on the stool near the couch. She poured all of it on the couch and went to bed, like she knew nothing. She did not want Sehun to sleep on that anymore. Her heart started beating fast I she heard the sound of opening of bath room door. It will be the first time, Sehun will share bed with her.

“…” Sehun frown a little seeing the water on couch. ‘You don’t even want me to sleep here?’ Sehun muttered to himself before opening the door to Cara’s surprise.

“What the hell is he doing? Don’t tell me he is going to sleep in grand maa’s room, oh .” Cara frowned as she went to look where he went. She found him in his study at last. “What are you doing here?” Cara asked opening its door to enter. “Just going through some ppt.” Sehun said not paying much attention towards her. “Let’s go sleep.” Cara said reaching his side. Sehun said nothing just took a good look at her before continuing his work. “How careless are you? You did not even put medicine on it.” Cara said and she went to took first aid kit from her room.

“Stop doing this.” Sehun said in a low tired tone. Cara did not paying any attention to it. “If you will do these things like feeding me and treating me with so much care, it will become harder for me to stop doing those things you asked me not to do.” Cara still did not look at him. “Cara, please Stop.” Sehun said as he took his hand from her. Cara said nothing she just stood up and went outside, she did not recognize the feeling she felt just now, but it was not pleasant at all.

Sehun kicked the leg of table with so much irritation. ‘I just don’t want you to feel uncomfortable with me. But whatever I do, you feel bad, what should I DO?’ Sehun banged the door furiously after him. He went to kitchen, drank a good amount of water and sat there for a minute or two. “No, we need to talk.” Finally he said aloud before going towards his room.

As he opened the door, he found Cara sleeping on the wet couch. “What do you think you are doing?” He asked going near her. No reply…. Get up that’s my bed….. No reply. He was furious again, he thought, he will better stay in study, he was just about to opened the door, he noticed a sticker letter on it.

“Please, sleep on the bed…

PLEASE…”

Was all written on it.

“I can’t let you sleep here, on wet couch.” Sehun texted her.

“I am not going to sleep here either, just go to bed fast, I am feeling cold.” Cara replied with two rolling eyes emoji and with one freezing face emoji. Sehun’s frowned face vanished, He send “ok” with a smilely face emoji and went to the bed.

After one minute or two, Cara got up from it. She rushed to the bath room to change her wet clothes. Sehun peek from his place to see where she went. She came out after changing g her clothes and Sehun pretended to be asleep. Cara slowly went to bed, keeping a safe distance, she lied down. Sehun’s body stiffened. It was the last thing he thought Cara will do.

Neither of them had bad sleeping trait, so they were exactly at the place where they slept. Or you can say, they were just lying, did not actually sleep.

Sehun get up and looked at Cara, all he want is to kiss her right now. But he did not dare to. Although he did not sleep properly, he did not feel tired anymore. May be what he needed was not sleep, but Cara. “Good morning.” Cara said with closed eyes.

“Um.. go..good morn..ing” Sehun said feeling embarrassed.

“Did you sleep well?” Cara asked sitting near him.

“Hmm, yes.” Sehun replied a tint a pink appeared on his lower part of ear.

“Good. Sleep here from today.” Cara said lowering her head.

“Cara…” Sehun called that one word with so much emotion.

“Little one.” Cara corrected with a smile.

“I don’t know, how to start, I have a lot to say.” Sehun looked at her eyes. Like before, with sea of emotions.

“I want to take our friendship into a next level.” Cara this time did not hide her emotions.

“You said you never had a best friend, will you accept me as your best friend? Will you share all your worries with me, I don’t you to do special things for me by hurting yourself…” Cara paused for a second to look at his hands. “I want us to be each other’s pillar and as you are mine, I want to be your strength too.”

Sehun did not care much to ask for permission, He hold Cara inside his arms, he did not care if Cara will punch him now. All he wanted is to hide this treasure of his.