chapter 10

WHISPERS OF HEART

Back touching the tree and head resting upon it, Sehun looked at the bench not that far from him. His right hand was rubbing the left earlobe, when left hand resting on the leg, which was paining due to sprain. Irrespective of the pain, his lips formed into a smile as the memory of a very special moment came across his eye. The first time he met his Cara here. They sat on the bench in front of him. The bench was the first thing they shared. That was the first place he heard Cara, although it was just a hello. It was the place Cara made tea for him for the first time. Even the tea he never liked; tasted so good that day. Since the moment his eyes met hers that day, he knew, that’s her; the one for him. Sehun was the person who always believed in fairytale romance... the idea that a relationship consists of a woman who meets a man and both are unrealistically perfect for eachother and in that time worn fairy tale ending, they lived happily ever after. He was always the person who trusted the spark and gut feeling. That was one of the reasons why he always felt out of place among his pals. It was not that, he never tried to fit with them but he could not stand the mocking remarks they made of his thoughts. So he eventually stopped. Stopped speaking out his heart. He choose to stick to his beliefs and his heart than sticking to people with whom he have to fake. He hated faking the most.
"I thought you are in pain." Said a panting Cara.
"Here you are smiling..." Cara sighed.
"I told you it's not that painful." Sehun said standing up but again fall on his .
"Oyyy careful." Cara said holding his arm.
"Let me help you." Cara said helping him to walk.

"I never knew you are this stronger." Sehun said sitting on the sofa.
"Oh please my school bag used to be heavier than this one." Cara smiled dropping the bag.
"How dud you even open the door?!" Sehun asked as Cara sit near him.
"Umm..I jumped on the roof top. Open the gate through the hole in wall. Come inside and grab the spare key and opened it XDDD..." Cara said like it was just simple as it was said.
"And how did the idea came to your mind, don't tell me you did it before." Sehun asked with curious eyes.
"Yes, I did... I was kind of dare devil... I used to run away from house at night to watch fireflies...near the riverside. Also to practice swimming. " Cara said with a sheepishly.
"Okie...that was new..." Sehun said leaning towards the back of sofa.
"Oh...I forgot...about your leg" Cara said looking down.

"What is wrong with your ear?! You are rubbing it since long." Cara said rubbing the hot water pack against his ankle.
"Uhh...it's nothing." Sehun said removing his hand.
"Did someone bite it?!" Cara asked to which Sehun’s eye became larger it did not take cara much time to understand how he interpret it... " I mean ant or anything..." Cara said hiding his laugh.

"No...it's. . Umm...it's feel good when I rub it... whenever I. ...umm...I AM in pain... umm. .I rub my ear... not only...in pain. .. like....it's something that relaxes me." Sehun said feeling little embarrassed.

"That's kinda cute." Cara said smiling a little.
"Many find it weird." Sehun chuckled.
"I don't find it weird." Cara protested.
"Because you are different from them." Sehun said looking at her with a soft gaze.

Ring on the cellphone broke the silence they were sitting in.

"Yes mama...

Hmmm. .hmmm..

We are inside....

THAT'S my secret root...

Yeahhhh yeahhh.... have a safe journey..." Cara complited the call and came back to hall.

"They will be back tomorrow morning... umm.. they said sorry..." Cara said taking the sit...

"Why are they sorry... I should be the one... to be sorry.... I literally broke into their house." Sehun said with a chuckle.

"Ah...yeahhhh... you must be hungry right! Let me cook something..." Cara said standing up.

"Are not you tired..?" Sehun asked... "lets Eat some snacks for now... and after taking a nap... LET'S cook together.. what's say?" Sehun suggested.

"Wanna have some coffee while eating snacks?!" Cara asked...to which Sehun’s happily nodded.

 

*************************


"Yes unnie we reached safely just an hour ago... Yup. .. take care... I AM hanging up." Sehun ended call and Cara entered with two cups of coffee.
"Its the first time I am here without mama. I missed this place." Cara said taking one sip.
"This place gives an amazing homey feeling." Sehun said leaning towards the head stand. After having the noodles... they were sitting in Cara's room.
"For mama... papa, me and this place are most precious, she always says that. She takes care of this house like a baby." Cara said smiling.
"And for you?" Sehun asked.
"Huh?!" Cara asked in confusion.
"What is precious for you?!" Sehun asked again.
"Tbh... I have many precious things. My both families are important and precious to me. My friends are precious to me and I guess my work... I always dreamt of... it is also very very precious to me. What about you?" Cara asked.
"My families... nothing has been more important for me than it." Sehun declared.
"What about your work?! Don't you love it?!" Cara asked out of curiosity.
"Ofcourse I do love it... but not more than my family." Sehun said with his signature smile.
"Let me wash them..." Sehun said taking the empty cup from her hand.
"Its okie... let me do it... you are injured now... rest there..." Cara said taking both the cups from his hand.
"Don't treat me like patient... I AM fine..." Sehun said standing up.
"Remember those days...when I was injured... you did not even let me eat by myself." Cara stuck her tongue.
"Well I don't mind if you are going to feed me rest of my life." Sehun winked.
"Actually it's your leg is injured, so yeah!!!" She said while closing the door behind.

Sehun’s eyes roam around the room. Cara's room was almost like sehun had expected. It was neatly arranged with very necessary furniture set only. One shelf was full of books of random genres. Another shelf had few small wax models,crystal statues, few small trophies and few handmade DIYS. Sehun's eyes stopped as he saw the picture hung on Wall. A smile crept on him seeing a little girl without one front teeth clinging to her mom.
"I guess I told you to rest." Cara said with arms crossed.
"Who took that tooth?!" Sehun teased showing his perfect set of teeth.
"An evil mice." Cara laughed remembering that is what she used to say when her milk tooth broke.
"Mine were stolen by teeth fairy... she took all old ugly ones and gave a the whole new set... see..." Sehun said showing his total set.
"Whatever." Cara said rolling her eyes. Sehun laughed.

"Did you make them?!" Sehun asked pointing towards the DIYs. "Kinda...." Cara said smiling a bit. "But this one is made by me and mama." Cara said showing a pen stand made of ice-cream sticks. "And this was a gift from My best friends." Cara said holding a box.
"Open it...." Cara asked giving the box to Sehun.
"Omo... .." Sehun was astonished how there were more than 16 photos inside one box. When he opened a little flower vase popped out with photos surrounding. "Its looks amazing... how did they make it?!" Sehun asked closing it again and opening it. He was having fun doing that.
"Its really fun to make DIYs. When we were in college, we used to make for eachother. It was for fun and time pass too." Cara said as a smile plastered on her face remembering her bright days.
"What did you used to do during that time? I mean your college days?!" Cara asked as they sit on the bed.
"Umm... nothing much. I used to study most of time, mom was very busy by then so she could never spend as much time as she wanted with us. So I used to spend most of my time with oldie...." Sehun continued as he saw Cara was listening to him attentively. "We used to work in garden too. So we simply go on walk near Beach. She and grandpa used to take dad and aunt on walk as child there too. So....that's how dad became so fond of beach..... When we were small we used to go there often you know...... It's really beautiful to watch water from ground. It gives glimpse of another fully different world from where we live. Beach is the place where two different world's converse." Sehun smiled not so wholeheartedly.

Cara knew Sehun missed his dad. She did not wanted him to be sad, so she tried to advert the topic from that. "I will take you to a place tonight. That's my secret place." Cara spoke with eyes filled with excitement.
"I can't wait." Sehun reflected the same amount of excitement as Cara did.
"Before that why don't you sleep a bit?!" Cara asked arranging the pillows properly.
"I slept all the way here... the one who needs sleep is you...Mrs Oh..." Sehun joked and the sole thing that got Cara's attention was the word 'Mrs Oh.'. She did not imagine her marrige life will be this easy going. All she had seen since childhood was women always sacrifice many things after marriage and that's what she always hated. Her own mom did that too. Even tho noone forced her, she gave up on her most hobbies and career after she got married. She always told she love to be a house wife, but at times Cara has seen some regret in her eyes. All that she always wished that, her dad could see that or atleast she mom could complain once. But none of them happened. She always thought marrying someone will change everything upside down but she was not sure if it happened with her. Because she was now ever more 'her' after being with Sehun. May be it was because she was wrong about marriage all along or she was blessed to have someone like Sehun.
"Are you okay!? You were zoning out!!" Sehun asked with a voice full of concern.
"I was just thinking about something. And I am not sleepy either." Cara replied sitting on her knees.
"As none of us are sleepy... why don't we do something fun?" Sehun asked clapping his hand. Cara was not sure what does this 'fun' means. So she choose not to reply and just looked at him with confusion.
"By fun... I MEAN.... MAKING some diys together. Do you have papers and all things... needed for that?" Sehun asked seeing cara confused.
"Oh..." Cara sighed. "Let me see if I have something."

***********
"Wahhh great you have printer too..." Sehun exclaimed as all the things were ready for them to explore the world of DIYs.

"Do you have any idea what are we going to make?!?!" Cara asked as she sat near Sehun.

"How about we make a photo frame?!" Sehun asked to which Cara nodded happily.

"Let's make a postcard size... what do you say?!" Cara asked strating to cut the cardboard.

"Let me help you with the cutting... you don't the small designs... " Sehun siad taking the scissors in his hand.
"Okie then cut it as I marked and cut another piece of paper exactly of same size." Cara commanded as she started cutting different colour foam papers into flowers shapes.

"Done..." Said Sehun proudly as he cut the two thick cardboards rectangularly and cut out a piece of rectangular paper from front giving it a perfect shape of frame.

"Good job...." Cara said with thumps up.
"Now what should I do?" Sehun asked excitedly.
"Umm... now make a stand so that it will stand still..." Cara said giving him a thick cardboard.
"And how to do it?" Sehun asked scratching his neck.

"Opps sorry... let me find you a vdo..." Cara said grabbing her phone.
"Just tell me how to do it... no need for vdo." Sehun said holding her hand.
"Umm... that.... cut it like trapezium.. along one but shorter than the frame ofcourse.  And joint a rectangle on its top end and fix it with frame... got that?!" Cara asked after explaining.
"Kind of... let me try." Sehun  said starting his work.
"How are they looking?!" Cara asked showing the flowers she just made.
"They look so cute... I AM done with stand too... see if it is okay..." Sehun said giving her the frame work to her...
"Let's add little more glue.... it will be stronger to stand still." Cara said examining it.

"Allow me to paste them and just them me where should I put them." Sehun  asked taking the foam paper flowers.
"Well there is no rule... we can add where ever we want." Cara said laughing.
"So should I just paste them.on your nose." Sehun said sharing the bottle of glue.
"Oyyy. .. stop it... you will spill it on that... stop stop..." Cara said protecting the photo frame. 

"Don't put so much glue... it will look bad. Just a little like this." Cara said showing Sehun how to paste them.

"Wahhh. .. we are done...." Cara said clapping her hands. Sehun could not help but stare at her with so much in his heart. His heart was not pounding this time. Nor he was feeling tingles. That smile of hers was giving a feeling of cold breeze to Sehun which just relaxes your whole body. Sehun did not make debate on how he felt do he just concluded that; that feeling was beautiful and he wants to feel it more.
"What are you thinking?!" Cara asked moving her palm infront of Sehun's face.
"Is it looking good?" Cara asked with a finger on her chin. Sehun has forgotten about the frame now. His full focus on Cara.
"Sehun.... hun hun.... don't tell me you are sleeping with eyes open."
"Umm..?!" Sehun came out of his trance hearing something like hun.
"You were sleeping, did not you?!" Cara laughed holding her belly.
"Who was slepping... I AM Human not duck. " Sehun spoke embarrassed.
"Okie okie let that... telllll me should we add something more to it?!" Cara asked showing the card.
"Umm.. I think we should put something on flower core? What do you say..." Sehun said holding the frame.
"I got that... Wait for me." Cara said rushing out of the room. Sehun's eyes following her. And smile find its way on his lips as she remember what they were doing. All that life has are small moments. And now they were living one of the one of the moment whose memories will bring smile on their face in future.
"I iz back." Cara chirped holding a box of button in her hand.
"Welcome back." Sehun smiled and cara felt a jolt of happiness seeing that.
"So we are going to use it?!" Sehun asked taking one button on his hand.
"Hmm hmm...pass me the glue please." Cara asked stretching her hand.


"Wahhh... it looks.... so beautiful." Sehun said standing on the bed holding the frame.



"What are we going to put in it?" Cara asked pulling Sehun into his sitting position.

"Picture.!." Sehun said matter of factly.

"Oh thank you for the information. I did not know that." Cara said with sarcasm dripping voice.
"Oh.. welcome then."  Sehun said smiling sheepishly.

"Umm.. how about our pic?" Sehun asked after a full minute pause.
"I do have the reception pic only. Nothing else. Should we print that?" Cara asked in a low voice.

"No.. why don't we click some funny... ones? We really don't have any pictures together. " Sehun said showing his phone with camera on.

"Its will be good to click some." Cara said taking his phone in her hand.


"They all look good... which one should we print!?" Cara asked going through the pictures they just clicked.

"Let's print them all.. put one in our frame and others can be put in our album... what do you say?" Sehun  asked smiling.
"Good idea... still I am confused which to put in the frame!" Cara said pressing the print button.

"We can randomly pick one from back." Sehun said taking the printouts in his hand.

"Perfect!!" Cara clapped as they finally choose a pic with bunny ear filter to put in the frame.