Chapter 12

WHISPERS OF HEART

Sehun opened the door after almost two hours. As he entered the hall Cara was nowhere to be seen. He reached out for his phone and dailed her number. His call was cutted after 3 rings.

"I am home... don't worry... are you done with cooking?!" A text msg flashed showing Cara's name.

"Yes.. I am Done. But I can't find you... where are you?." Sehun replied as soon as he read the text.

"I am on rooftop.... you go and wash up... I will arrange the table... okie?" Cara texted in less than 3 secs.

"Sounds good... give me 5 mins..." Sehun sends the voice mail this time.

"Okie take your time." Cara took 4 secs to text this time back. .. . Blame poor network which took time to download audio.


Sehun found a black hoodie and a black sweat Pant kept on bed with a sticky notes reads...

"In case he wanna get changed."




Sehun took them into the bathroom and get changed after washing up. After closing the door he went near dining area but... there were noone... Neither Cara not food. Just then another sticky notes caught his eyes. Which read.. "Go to refrigerator."

Sehun did as it said... but again another note...


"Come to roof top and bring the ice cream pack with you." Was written on the note.

Sehun strangely felt excited with so many notes. He looked inside to find a box of vannila ice-cream with choco chips sprinkle on it; which was not there from before as he remembered. He took it with him and ran to the stairs. It took no time to reach the closed door of rooftop as he skipped few stairs on his way. He knocked less loudly than his pounding heart and took two long breaths.

His breath stopped for good seconds and his voice stuck in his throat as his eyes took picture of a girl in a yellow orange half silk saree opening the door for him. He was staring at only her without noticing other things beside as well as infront of him. But yeah.. you can't actually blame him for it. Blame his stupid loud heart.
A flash of past come across his eyes... Cara is dressed exactly the way.. she did that day.. the day they first met.
 
"Sehun!!!" Cara called softly touching his arms. He instantly came back to reality. The blue background seems to look clearer as dim golden lights hit his eyes.
 
The roof top seems to be covered with a blanket of small candles. With a small in the middle filled with utensils with food in it. In the far end of roof... where there were less candles... there was a white matress with two soft pillows with a marron thin blanket and a laptop was kept on top of it.


Sehun thought he was dreaming. Cause he could not believe it was real. Did Cara arrange all this?! Did she arrange all of it?

"Do you like it?!" Cara asked with almost whispering sound.

"Is that even a question?! Who won't. .. . I mean. .. you did all of this for me?!" Sehun asked with still looking towards the surrounding.

"I did it for us... I did it to create few beautiful moment for us and to relive few moments I did not live enough...." Cara said looking towards Sehun who remained silent this time...but looked towards Cara with soft eyes.

"Okie okie... first close your eyes." Cara said breaking the silence.
"Huh?!" Sehun asked confused.
"Oh.. how just for as I say." Cara demanded and Sehun closed it like a good boy.

"Now you can open it." Cara said coming in front of him with a white box.
"Open it." Cara said keeping the box on her right palm.

"Its... it's. ..that...t" Sehun's voice could not make a whole sentence.

"Put it on me..." Cara said looking towards him with a smile.

"When did you get it... I mean. . . Oldieee. .. when did she gave it to you... " Sehun asked with utter surprise.

"I have it since long... but I have not wore it once." Cara said looking towards the platinum pendant in Sehun's hand.

"You don't need to wear it...if you don't like it... it was just silly of me... bringing something...without even knowing you...if you was really silly." Sehun started blabbering untill Cara hushed him.

"And Who said I did not wear it because I did not like it? Don't make up things okie... it is not just a pendant ... there is a emotional connection between you and it... is not it? How could I just wear it because I liked it? So I decided to keep it untill the the right day..." Cara said looking down.
"And by right day you mean...?" Sehun asked taking a step towards Cara.
"Ice cream is melting..." Cara said grabbing the package from his hand.

"Should we eat ice cream before food?" Cara asked putting the package on the table.

"I already made desert so... eating Ice cream before dinner... does not sound bad." Sehun said taking his sit on the cushion opposite to Cara.

"Wahhh it's yummy." Sehun said taking a spoonful of it.
"I know, right!!! It's from our nearby shop. We can bring more if you like it." Cara said taking one bite excitedly.

"Woahh. .. Wait wait... are you planning to waste my hard work or what? !?!? That's not going to happen." Sehun whinned like a baby.

"Okie okie don't worry me gonna eat more than I usually do...  it's not a daily thing... for you to cook for me..." Cara said smiling widely.

"I can cook for you daily... if I get such surprises in return once in a while... " Sehun said holding Cara's hand.

"Little one..." Sehun called after a moment of silence.
"Umm.." Cara hummed looking into his eyes.
"This means a lot... for me... you know... I am lacking words... this is all I could say... Thank you little one for this beautiful moment and more than that.. thank you for coming to me." Sehun  said eyes almost moist.

"Sehun... " Cara called with sparkle of affection. Even though they were looking at eachother attentively. She called like he was someone standing far from him.

"You know.....There have been many moments I wanted to say many things. I wanted to thank you. " Cara turned around to face opposite of Sehun's face.

"I wanted to say a lot more than just thanks. But I. .. just could not... I hate it... you know... everytime when I want to do that, I fail. Just now I did that too." Cara tried to speak but those words were only heard in her own brain.

"It should not be an excuse that I am not very good with words. But don't even have any other excuse to make. So Thank you for everything and sorry for being like this." Cara said closing her eyes.

"Sometimes it scares me that everything will vanish in no time." Cara said barely a whisper.

 You will change oneday I know; everyone does. Still I am scared that I won't be able to accept that.

"I am scared." Cara slowly said taking a step forward from Sehun.

I always have been scared to be alone or may be I am just now scared to be without you.. .. .." Cara's words stopped right there as she found two arms covering her waist, which were no other than Sehun's.

"Sehu. . ."

"Shh...."
"Please let me stay like this a little longer." Sehun added; his voice deep.

"I don't know i will change or not but one thing is for sure. You will always have me." Sehun said tightening his arms.

"Why?!" Cara asked without much thinking.
"Why are you so good to me?! Since the beginning?!" Cara's mouth was automatically speaking without her consent.

"You never gave me a reason to not to be." Sehun said snuggling his nose in her open hairs.

Ring of the phone kept on table broke the beautiful silence between them. Cara's eyes lost it's shine as it read the caller I'd 'papa'

"Do you want me to pick it up?" Sehun asked taking the phone in his hand.

"No its okay..." Cara said smiling faintly.

"Talk... I am here." Sehun  said sliding the answer button.
0
"Hello Papa." Cara said in a slow tone.
"Beta... it's me mama." Mrs Park said from another side.

"Oh... Mama. . ." Cara said with a sigh.

"What are my children doing?" Mrs Park asked affectionately.

 "We were just about to start our dinner. What are you doing? Had dinner?" Cara asked.

"Not yet... we were going to too. Okie you guys enjoy the food and rest properly." Mrs Park said.

"Mama..." Cara called as her mother was about to hang off.

"Hn beta... say..." Mrs Park asked and waited for Cara to answer.

"Mama... are you okay?" Cara asked unsure of whether to ask or not.

"Yes beta... I am okay..." Mrs park said in a soft voice.

"Then why did you call from Papa's phone?!" Cara asked hoping that she is over thinking.

"That's nothing beta... actually my phone is broken. Now Don't think much and take care. I have to go now beta; good night." Mrs park said and cut the call even without waiting for her response.

"It's broken or Papa broke it." Cara whispered to herself keeping the phone on ear.

"Little one!" Sehun called as Cara bring down the phone from her ear.

"All okay? !" Sehun asked in voice of concern.

"Yup... let's eat food is getting cold." Cara said avoiding any other conversation.

"Wait... let me put it on you." Sehun said holding out the chain in his hand.
"Turn around." Sehun said with a smile; deep down Sehun knew something was off but he wanted to give Cara her space. She will speak herself when she will be comfortable.

"Done..." Sehun said turning Cara after locking the chain.

"You look beautiful." Sehun said holding her shoulders tenderly.

"Thank you." Cara said as a small smile formed on her lips.

"Okie now let's eat... I am suddenly hungry." Sehun said pushing her slightly towards the table.

"Did you see the food already?" Sehun asked making a pout.

"I did not...it was covered." Cara said taking her sit in front of Sehun.

"Okie... let me open it for you." Sehun said taking the lid on his hand.

"Tan_tanaaaa..." Sehun said dramatically opening the cover of a small bowl showing the trifle pudding.



One by one Sehun uncovered all the dishes and aroma of delicious foods hit Cara's nostrils.

Cara unconsciously clapped her hands and her eyes were twinkle.
"Woahhh... you made all these for real?!" Cara asked narrowing her eyes playfully.



"Where to start? !?!" Cara asked taking spoon in her hand.

"Try hazzle back potatoes first... It's the first time I made it." Sehun said holding the plate.

"Wait wait... let me click a pic." Cara said keeping the spoon down and holding her phone.

"Little one... what about adding music to our date night?!?!" Sehun asked opening his music library in phone.

"Can anyone say no to music?!" Cara smiled genuinely.

Sehun played a soft instrumental song making the atmosphere little more aesthetic.

"Don't blame me if I get fat after this." Cara said finishing her soup.

"I don't mind having a chubby little one. You will look cute." Sehun said pinching Cara's nose.
"They are just words." Cara said playfully rolling her eyes.
"Will you mind if I get fat?!" Sehun asked cupping his chin.
"Umm hhhmm... I won't mind... but i will tease you... ummm... I will call you.. Hunniee bunny..." Cara said and brust into laughter, bitterness from few minutes ago long forgotten.

"Hunniee.." Sehun said eyes concentrated at Cara.
"You are not offended... Are you?!" Cara asked unsure of how to react. Sehun does not seem to get offended because of a joke.. is he?! Did she spoil the atmosphere? ! Oh why is she like that!?! She could have stayed silent... why she cracked the joke at the first place. And even laughed like a lunatic. Of course Sehun might feel bad.

"Call that again...please." Sehun said without changing his facial expressions. Voice little huskier.

"Sor...sorry. .. I did not mean..to.." Cara said with almost teary eyes.
"Please..." Sehun pressed.
"Hunnie. . ." Cara said like whispering.
"Can you call me that from now on?!" Sehun asked leaning towards her, unfortunately table was in middle.
"Huh?!" Cara asked confused. So he liked it or disliked.
"Can you call me Hunnie from now on?!" Sehun said clearly.
"Oh.." Cara nodded.
"I mean yes.. I will.." Cara released a breath.

"What happened... why are not you eating?!?!"Sehun asked after a minute.
"All okay?" He added.

"No..."

"I mean... can you not give that scary expression when you are not angry?! I was scared. I thought ... you... did not like the way I said and laugh.." Cara said with a frown.
"My little one gave me a name and she is going to call me that for rest of my life... I am not listening other names from her anymore." Sehun sang with moving his hands to and fro.

"Sehun..." Cara narrowed her eyes playfully, pretending to be angry.
"Uh_uhhh... it's just a name." Sehun cried.
"Exactly it's just a name. .. forget it." Cara said adverting her gaze from him.
"But it's special." Sehun said looking down.
"What's this face now?" Cara cried.
"Okie.. I will occasionally call that... not always." Cara said taking a sip of pudding.
"Bdw... the food is...reallyyyyyyy reallyyyyyyy yummy....Hunniee." Cara added Hunnie after a pause. Which made Sehun's eyes glow with glee.
.
.
.
.

After having dinner Sehun also helped Cara to clean the table and wash the plates. For which Cara was thankful.

After finishing that both of them landed on the matress spread on the rooftop.

"So..." Sehun turned towards Cara.

"So...??!" Cara asked confused.

"So.. what are we doing next?" Sehun asked hugging the pillow.

"Oppsss I forgot wait ... I will be back." Cara said getting up.

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked holding her wrist.
"To bring DVDs... we always watch movies... don't we?" Cara asked.

"Can we exclude gadgets tonight. I mean we are keeping phone incase someone calls. But can we keep eachother company without any means of entertainment. We can just talk or look at the stars or..."

"Or..  watch fireflies." Cara added the last line of what Sehun was saying.
.
.
.
.
"Beta careful... what if your foot slips?" Sehun said as both of them walked towards the lake.

"It's just grass, chill." Cara insisted.

"Still..." Sehun said holding her hand.

"Sometimes being too cautious spoils the spice of the moment." Cara said patting hand Sehun's arm.

"Actually I am afraid of snakes." Sehun added sheepishly.

"Who is not?! It's not like I am some Bear Gills. Com'on I am with you... don't be afraid. I will protect you." Cara said grabbing his wrist.

"Okay... we are almost here. Now you just have to close your eyes and wait for me." Cara said with so much excitement that, Sehun could not help but smile.

"You are not going to abandone me here... are you?!" Sehun asked faking fear.

"Don't worry you are not that lucky, Hunnie. You have to spend your life with me, you can't run from it." Cara started a joke but did not understand when it was not a joke anymore.

"I am not going to run. Why would I? I already got my destination. For this life and after lives." Sehun said holding Cara's arm firmly.

Cara could not utter words anymore. She covered Sehun's eyes with her hands. Sehun closed his eyes as his lips curved to form a small smile.

"Open your eyes." Cara said after few moments.



"Woahhh..." Sehun exclaimed seeing the beautiful yellow lightening bugs around the lake water.
"They look just aesthetic. I never saw something like this in a long time." Sehun added.

"I missed them." Cara said looking towards them with soft eyes.

"I used to sneak out here often. Whenever I felt helpless or down." Cara said taking a seat on waterside rock. Sehun did not say any thing, he just sat beside her and looked at her.
 
"More than once I was jealous of them.. they can fly where ever they want. They can choose for themselves. The last time I came here, was the day, we met for them first time." Cara took a breath.
"I came here to say them good bye. And see today I am here with you." Cara added looking towards Sehun who was already staring at her.

How hard it must be for someone to start a almost new life leaving many things behind? Even after that everyone will expect her to blend into everything as soon as posssible. They don't even try to understand, what she must be going through.

"Was it hard?" Sehun asked taking Cara's hand in his.

"huh?" Cara could not understand what Sehun was implying by hard.

"New home, new family and new enviroment... was it hard?" Sehun asked looking towards their hands.

"I will be lying if i say, it was not. But it was less hard than i expected it to be." Cara said eyes fixed at Sehun's face.

"Thanks to you." Cara added intertwining their finger.

"You understood me, you gave me space and you are still giving it. You never force me into anything. Thank you so much." Cara said and Sehun took their intertwinned hand towards his chest.

"You don't have to thank me, its not like i did something great. This is what i should do. I mean, I can't even thinking about forcing a girl without her consent, that's disgusting. Also for me marriage is the most sacred bond, it always have been. During our marrige, you know when we take pheras around the holy fire, we take vows. Amongest them the last vow is for love and friendship for a long lasting reletionship enriched with understanding and loyality. I want us to be real and I want us to share a bond. I know it will take time plus it will take efforts to nourish it. I am willing to." Sehun said holding Cara's hand near his skin under which, he remembered, he had a heart.

Cara moved towards Sehun, from where she was sitting. She leaned towards Sehun and covered her spared hand around Sehun's neck. Noone dared to move from the postition they were in. A drop of tear find its way from Cara's eye, gulping down a lot of things, she wanted to say and she remained silent holding the most precious person of her life in her arms.

Do they need to start creating their bond? Or was it already started forming?