chapter 6

WHISPERS OF HEART

Cara was half an hour early, than the time they had decided. Well she basically escaped before Sehun could wake up. Why am I running? A thought come to her mind but she pushed it back, she decided to take a walk around.

She returned to the café after 20 minutes to find Arya there. She went to her back and hugged her. “Good morning…..” Cara almost sang. “Good morning.” Arya replied with a smile. “You are 10 minutes fast, huh!!!” Cara laughed. “Where are they?” Arya asked symbolizing Misti and Claire. “They always come late, it’s not even time, how can we expect them?” Cara said with rolling eyes. “Oh yes, I forgot to kill you…” Cara smacked Arya’s head. “Oy… why so?” Arya dodged. “How dare you made a boy friend without letting us know?” Cara faked anger, she knew Arya is not someone who takes relationship casually, if she made a boy friend first time in her life time, that must be a very lucky guy and she was happy for her but what wrong with teasing? She has every right to best friend. “What boy friend? That jerk, my boy friend, I would love to die before that.” Arya said with absolute disgust. “You mean you are saying the boy who claimed to be your boy friend, who used your phone, at 10 PM, is not your boy friend?” Misti asked from behind. “Let’s go beat that , what are you waiting for Misti?” Claire said cleaning her jaws. “Wait wait guys, he is not an… .” Arya said standing from her seat. She dragged them to their seat. “You are defending him?” Cara asked with curiosity. “What’s with that look?” Arya made a face full with disinterest. “Tell us more about Him…” Misti elbowed her. “Let’s order first, I missed my morning coffee.”

“So… he is my neighbor. So he loves to brag into my room without asking.” Arya rolled her eyes. “He does not even knock?” Claire asked concerned. “He does not even use door.” Arya stated like a matter of fact. “Interesting…” Misti chucked. Claire gave her a warning look. “He is Sehun’s friend, who dropped me from hospital, when Cara was injured.” Arya said and Cara’s face was in shock. “DR. YANG?” Arya gave a knowing look as Cara literally screamed. “WAHH…. He is handsome.” Misti said dreamingly. “Am I the only one, who does not know him?” Claire said frustrated. “Ahhh… you , remember that Handsome friend of jiju who paid visit to Cara twice or thrice I guess. I even dine together with him and jiju. You are unlucky, you missed that chance, he is not a bad person. I approve.” Misti said taking one sip from her cappuccino. “What approve?” Arya slapped her head. “You are already engaged how can you droll over him.” Cara teased. “Eww… who is drooling man, I appreciate beauty.” Misti said not taking defeat. “I warn you, don’t ever dare to go to dinner with him.” Arya warned with big eyes. “Why?” Cara asked with curiosity. “The first day he bragged into my room was because he wanted food.” Arya almost laughed almost. “Is he that poor?” Claire asked with a look expressing “unbelievable

“I don’t know yet, so to pay me back he asked me to let him treat dinner. I said it was unnecessary, he kept nagging till 2 complete weeks, by continuously bragging into my room.” Arya completed with a sigh. “Then… then…” Misti asked with twinkling eyes.

“During dinner, when I went to restroom, he ran away…” she stopped to sigh again then started “With my purse and phone without paying.” Arya said and “WTF” escaped from my mouth. “When I dialed my number from the landline of that hotel, he picked up and I almost killed him with curse words. He said he is standing near the hotel door, and if I want my things back, I had to run off.”

“Wow…” Misti clapped but stopped noticing Arya’s death glares. “So you run off?” Cara asked elbowing her. “I had to, otherwise I would have ended off washing utensils there. Let me tell you that was a luxurious hotel.” Misti almost rolled on the ground with Cara laughing her off.

The environment become silent when Claire asked with concern “You sure he is not unsafe for you?” Claire was like a soul mate to Arya, they both bay each other and they care for each other like no one other can do. Claire’s concern was obvious and unlike Misti and Cara she did not know who that person was and she was genuinely concerned of Arya’s Safety. Arya gave her a smile and put her hand on Claire’s. He is anything but an evil person, stay assured. “Don’t worry.” Misti gave her a side hug. “he is Sehun’s friend and I met him many times, he is not a bad person, stay assured.” Cara said putting hand on Claire’s arm. Their words sooth her a little, still she was little concerned inside she pushed that thought away for now. “What were the good news you wanted to speak?” Claire asked looking towards Cara. “What good news?” Arya asked knowing nothing. “she wanted to speak ome good news yesterday but your boy friend interrupted.” Misti laughed and Arya rolled her eyes. “So…” Cara took a deep breath. “I…. am going to… work for… “Elegance”… as management head.” Cara completed with several pauses.

“Wahh… today’s treat is on you, here take my order…” Misti said gesturing toward the waiter. “I am so happy for you.” Arya put hand on her shoulder. “I am so nervous, I don’t know if I can this big responsibility.” Cara said playing with the spoon, she w=always does that when she is nervous. “I am sure you can take this responsibility and here is the chance you wanted since long.” Misti smiled brightly. “We trust you.” Claire added at last. Those mere words gave her strength. A lot strength.

“There is another news…” Cara paused to see if anyone is not giving attention but everyone were looking at her with smile on their face. “Unnie and her husband, Suho brother are willing to give their relationship a chance and Unnie is happy, I feel so happy.” Cara completed to get a reply… “So do we.” Three of them said in unison.

 

“WHATTT??? NO WAY…” Grand mom protested hearing about Cara’s joining in office. “I don’t know anything, she is going to join next week. This Thurs day she is going to visit her parents.”Grand mom whined. She is such a child. Cara thought inside with a smile. She also wanted to visit her parents badly. Just after a week of her marriage her papa mama shifted back to her village. Her mother in law could not deny her grand mom and Sehun was asked to take leave from Friday by call. Since morning when she comeback Sehun was already gone which she was thankful. She did not even called or texted him all day and now as she was drinking tea with her mom in law and grand mom she started missing him. Why she did not know, in two hours or so he will be back. She felt happy.

 

“Can we go to dinner tomorrow? You, me, Hun and Suho?” Grace asked chopping onions. “Finally I will meet brother in law tomorrow.” Cara said dramatically and Grace giggled. “We have to ask your brother first and what will we make excuse?” Cara asked rolling last piece of spring roll. “Granny will manage everything, we don’t have to worry.” Grace replied smiling widely. “Grand mom knows?” Cara asked with wide eyes. “Nothing can be hidden from me…” Grand mom said frantically. “How can I not notice my baby’s twinkling eyes and heartily smile?” Grand mom said caressing Grace’s head. “I can even say someone is missing my hunnie.” Grand mom smiled in a teasing manner. “no…” Cara tried to deny. “Yes I miss hunniee…” Grace said making Cara embarrassed.

“I am home…” a voice echoed in hall. “Good… your wife was missing you so much…” Grace practically yelled from kitchen. Cara’s face flustered with mouth open. “Ok ok stop teasing her look she is going to turn herself into tomato lady.” Grand mom chuckled. “Cara, can you come for a moment.” Sehun asked with a stoic tone which he was clearly faking. But Cara was dead… what is the matter? Why is he asking for her? She looked surrounding for some help but only to find two lady grinning. “Take him to room, it will be embarrassing to find you two making out in hall.” Grace whispered literally pushing Cara out of kitchen.

“Are you done with your chores?” Sehun simply asked. “Yeah… everything is done… she is all yours now.” Grand mom yelled this time. Sehun chuckled. “Come to room with me then.” As Sehun said that line Cara panicked internally. Why is he looking so serious today? Is he angry? Because I left without waking him up? Is he angry because…. Yes he said that other day, every day he will be the one to put vermilion on my head. Will he scold me now?

Cara did not realize she was standing there until Sehun shook her. “You coming?” Sehun asked and she nodded before following him.

“So… Little one….” Sehun started as they reached their room. “Listen to me first… see I am sorry…. Actually we… I mean me.. and my best friends planned to meet at 7 as they had work…. So I escaped…I mean no.. I ran…oh my god…I went to meet them.” Cara said in one go with eyes closed. “I know you are angry… you can put vermilion now.” Cara said and saw a foreign expression in Sehun’s eyes. She could not read that. She ran to dressing table to bring the small box of vermilion. “Here…” She showed it with a frightened eye. “I am not angry, little one.” Sehun said putting vermilion on Cara’s head. Some of the vermilion fell on her nose. “Sorry…” Sehun said trying to wipe it. “Don’t…” Cara said holding Sehun’s wrist. “vermilion falling on nose accidentally is a good sign.” Cara said with a smile. “What sign?” Sehun asked to which to gestured that she does not know but she remembers what her mama said once about it.

Flash back-

“Stop laughing stupid girl, when the vermilion falls on nose that means your husband will love you even more.”

“Then why don’t you wear vermilion on nose as well mama?”

“Hahaha… this rule is applied only when it fell accidentally. Now stop talking and do your home work.”

End of flash back-

“Okie okie… then let it there.” Sehun said pinching her nose and came back from her memories. She wondered why she does not want to wipe that. Does she want Sehun to love her?

He jerked out of her thoughts as Sehun shook her hard. “Won’t you ask me why did you call you here like this?” Sehun grinned widely. That somehow clam Cara and she felt relieved that it was not something bad. “Why?” Cara asked and Sehun gently let her sit on the couch. “I have some-thing; I want to tell you first, before telling anyone else.” Sehun said kneeling near Cara’s leg. It warmed Cara’s heart. She felt so special. She said nothing just looked at Sehun signaling him to proceed. “Our office cracked the France project and I got the promotion because I was project head. Now I got the project to develop my dream app….. ahhhhh I am so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy little one.” Sehun almost sang like a child. His smile was so wide that Cara could not stop looking at him with a wide smile on her face. “I am so so happy… you know I… I worked so hard for this and now finally I got my chance.” Sehun pulled Cara’s hand to make her stand and then he started to spin in circles with her. “Ohooo hooo” Sehun yelled. Then he suddenly stopped to pull Cara in a hug. “I want you to be the first one to be part of my happiness and sadness too. I want you to be part of me. I want you to…” Sehun pulled himself back from her crook of neck to bring his eyes to meet hers.

“I want you to take on a date…I mean a walk, a movie, a drive anything will go. Will you allow me to celebrate my special day with my most special person?” Sehun asked with hopeful eyes and Cara was running out of words. He did not felt uncomfortable for this hug, like she thought she would. Sehun’s touches were no more foreign to her. She was no more feeling scared. Was she finally allowing her heart to beat with Sehun’s?

“Little one?” Sehun asked with eyes starting to reflect fear, did he do wrong to call it a date? Was his little one uncomfortable for his sudden hug?

“Can we just have a walk on that beach, we had on the day of my accident?” Cara said looking deep into Sehun’s eyes. She herself did not know what those eyes of her meant. She did not put much thought on that either.