chapter 18

WHISPERS OF HEART

"We shall depart together. Are you ready?"  Mrs Oh asked Cara as she was done with her breakfast. 

"I just need to grab my purse. Give me a minute mom, i will go and get it." Cara excused herself from her and went to her room. All this time Cara was wondering why Sehun has not replied to her text yet. Perhaps he is still in bathroom. As she opened the door, she saw Sehun coming towards her.

"Sehun i am going with Mom." Cara was about to say but she stopped as she saw him coming incredibly close to her and holding her wrist. Cara's heart was throbbing would be an understatement. But it really stopped beating for  good few second as Sehun came to halt. He looked at her so affectionatly that Cara thought she would melt away. 
He slowly slid his hands below her ears and reached back of her neck.

What is Sehun's going to do? Why is he so unpredictable? 

"I really can't be a friend of yours anymore, Little one." saying this Sehun pressed his lips against hers lightly. Cara freezed. 

Was she hoping there relationship would change from now on? She wasn't sure either. It's been more than once they got close but the next day both of them pretend to be friends again. Wasn't it frustrating? But Cara was somehow thankful for that ignorance too. She knew she was starting to like Sehun but she knew she had a long way to go now, she knew she could feel much more intensely than she was feeling right now. She wasn't satisfied with the way she was feeling and may be that's why she was sheering. But all her hesitations fell apart the moment Sehun come close to her. Should she give up being stubborn and stop being hard on herself and Sehun. She wanted the kiss to be a longer one. But This was not even long enough to be called as a kiss. It was just a peck.

Still she could not move or react untill he heard Sehun saying, 

"Mom."

"Huh?" Cara jerked out from the world she was residing from few seconds.

"She has been calling you." Sehun said in a low voice he was still incredibly close to him.

Cara looked a bit hazed. Did their moment end already? She doesn't even know when it started and ended. Although she knew clearly Sehun wasn't a person to joke around with emotions but she couldn't help but wondered if this moment was as half precious to Sehun as it was for her. Her insecurities gulped her inside she backed out from Sehun. 

"Was it just an impulse?" Cara whispered to herself backing out more.

Sehun's held Cara's wrist.

"It holds a deeper meaning than you think it does. none of them are out of impulse. This one and the last one, both." Sehun said looking into Cara's eyes. Cara could not move her eyes from him.

"Let me." Sehun's said holding the box of vermilion.

"Go, you will be late for work, we will talk about it later." Sehun said putting his hand on Cara's head.

All this time Cara could barely focus on her work. She was not sure what to feel. She was happy one moment and not really happy in the other. 

Sehun said he doesn't want to be friends anymore. So were they taking a step ahead? 

"What is wrong?" Cara was suddenly asked by Mrs Oh. 
"If you are going to be distracted all day stay out of meeting room. Or staying out of office will be better too." Mrs Oh snapped at her. 

"I appologise." Cara said lowering her head. 


Cara was proud of herself as she manage to complete the office hours without getting scolded again.
Just she was about to leave office, she got a call from Misti. 

"What's up girl?" Misti chirped. 
"Just getting off work. What about you?" Cara answered. 
"I am just going to jump from my rooftop." Misti chuckled. 
"Make sure to not take a parachute by mistake." Cara said sarcastically. 
"Should not a Best friend ask 'why?' in this kind of situation."Misti said trying to sound sad. 
"I don't think, someone who dies, calls like that."Cara responded. 
"You are heartless." Misti pouted. 
"Tell me something I don't know."Cara laughed.
"Okieeeeee, jokes apart, I actually need a help." Misti said. 
"Hmm, tell me." Cara asked. 
"I need you to accompany me to somewhere." Misti said. 
"I will pick you up, share your location." she added. 
"oh okie, but make it quick, I have to go home before 10... "Cara said before cutting the call.

"Do you seriously need me for shopping,i should have expected that from you?" Misti got a punch on her back. 
"Ask me why I need to shop first ??? " Misti said making a puppy face. 
"I am going to go on a vacation with Soo's family, it's my first time staying with them. I really want to look my best." Misti said smiling widely. 
"You should have said that earlier." Cara said rubbing the place she hitted just now. 
"You should have asked before hitting." Misti said rolling her eyes. 
"Let's go, Miss melodrama." Cara said getting out of the Car. 


"Mission accomplished." Misti typed in her phone and send to Sehun.
"Thank you :)." Sehun texted back in no time. 

"You look a bit different today." Misti said to Cara as they were coming back.

"How come?" Cara asked Misti.

"You look happier. How is work? How are things going on with Sehun?" Misti asked as she parked the Car in front of her Cara's house.

"I don't think I will be able to say so much right now. I will during weekends. Bye."Cara said getting out of Car. 

"FYI, I am not interested in s." Misti said 

"Shut up.... Good luck for your trip, make sure to say hi to Kyungsoo from me."
"I will, I will.... Hmm... say hi to your Hubby too. " Misti said starting the engine. 

Cara could feel her heart starting to beat harder as she saw Sehun's Car, near the gate. 

What's going to happen?

How will she react in front of Sehun? 

It will be awkward if she becomes shy... 

Cook looked towards the garage. She saw Sehun's car from the distance.

"He is home." she said to herself and held the pendant she was wearing in her hand. She doesn't know how come whenever she felt nervous she has started a habit of holding the pendant, it calmed her down. 

"I am home." Cara said entering the hall after good few seconds. 
"Welcome little one." Sehun's said waving his hand towards her. Cara was little surprised. She was thinking Sehun will be shy to look at her. 

"Go freshen up. We will eat together. They have eaten." Sehun's said looking towards her with a generous smile. 

"Am I the only one who is feeling like this? Gosh I am totally nervous, there he goes smiling like nothing happened." Cara said to herself as was showering.

"How was her mood?" Sehun's asked Misti over phone bittting his finger nails. Sehun's head was a mess today. He cursed at himself multiple times for what he did... 

He never wanted his feelings to come out like this. He wanted it to be very very special. But he messed up. He kind of wanted Cara to initiate their love relationship. He wanted her to be the one to start the first step. There was no particular reason behind it other than his insecurities. But here he is...  He just didn't want Cara to feel pressurized.

"She zoned out multiple times ... But yeah She actually seemed quite happy." Misti said. 

"She was happy?" Sehun asked with hopeful voice. 

"hmm.. Hmmm, what's the matter, tell me tell me." Misti asked in a playful voice. 

"Cara is coming out, I will hang up. Thank you for today." Sehun hung up as he saw Cara coming down the stairs.

Sehun took a deep breath and went to her and extended his hands. 

"huh?"Cara asked in confusion.

"Let me hold your hands... " Sehun said smiling at her.

"Why do you smile like that?" Cara scolded Sehun in her mind. 

"Can I take you out on a date?" Sehun asked to which Cara just stared at him as if he was an alien. 

"So is that a No?" Sehun asked with a pout as Cara continued to stay silent. 

"No... " Cara said instantly. "I mean it was so sudden." Cara said not meeting his eyes. 

"Then let me do it again. " saying this Sehun went on his knees, extended his hands and gave his best smile. 

"Little one, will you mind going on a date with me?" Sehun asked not moving his eyes from Cara.

Cara's smile never leaving her face, she nodded positively.

"Let's go." Sehun said getting up. 

"What?  In pajamas?  Hell no." Cara jumped. "Give me 15 minutes, I will be back." Cara said rushing towards her room.

 


Sehun was happy beyond boundaries seeing Cara's excitement. As Cara came downstairs wearing a black floral dress, Sehun could not take his eyes off from her. 

"Go change. I prepared your clothes." Cara said smiling.


"You look good." Cara said complementing Sehun as they went to their Car. 

"Thank you, Wifey." Sehun said pinching Cara's nose. 

"Do you want to drive? " Sehun asked to which Cara hesitated a bit first then said yes. 

"As long as I am here, I won't let anyone hurt you a little bit." Sehun said as Cara started the engine.

"Hunnie... You know what...  I never needed anyone's protection. I don't want yours either. I am just scared of being left alone."

"From that day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish you, even after death us do part. I vowed before God." Sehun said holding Cara's hand. 
"Trust me when I say, I won't be able to live without you around." Sehun said caressing Cara's hair. 

"Can I hug you?" Cara asked looking at Sehun with so much affection.

"Do you need permission for that?" Sehun asked taking Cara in his arms. He slowly peaked her forehead and tightened the hug. 

"Let's stay like this for a moment." Cara said in a low voice.

"I would love to hold you like this forever babe." Sehun smiling widely.

The word babe kept ringing on Cara's head, she doubted everything was real. 

 

"Here it is, stop here." Sehun said directing Cara the way. Cara stopped the car little abruptly.

"Hey careful." Sehun said in an exclaimed voice. 

"I still have a long way of practice." Cara said ing the seat belt.

"Why don't you let me be your pick and drop, in return I will help you with your driving on daily basis?" Sehun said showing his perfect set of teeth. 

"Done deal." Cara smiled.

"You did not ask about the charges..." Sehun said as they got off the Cara after parking it. 

"You are not going to charge me, are you?" Cara said pointing a finger at Sehun.

"Who knows I might..." Sehun chuckled.

"How about I get to have a good night's kiss daily?" Sehun added coming a little closer to Sehun. 

"I.... I.... am starving." Was what Cara replied. 

"Opps, sorry. Let's go in." Sehun said smiling gorgeously. Cara's heart almost melt down. 

 

"What would you like to order?" Sehun asked giving menu to Cara. 


"Caesar salad roasted chicken for me, you?" Cara asked Sehun.

"BBQ chicken Pizza." Sehun said grinning. 

Cara knew how much this boy loved pizza. She smiled too. It seemed like a first proper date for Cara with Sehun. She was happy, she really was. 

"Can I hold your hands?" Sehun asked to which Cara smiled.

"From now on, you don't need permission for that." Cara said putting her hands on Sehun's.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful your eyes are?" Sehun said looking at Cara's eyes.

"Okay, did anyone ever told you that you are a big flirt?" Cara said grinning.

"So... Did your heart flutter?" Cara was beyond embarrassed.

"No... It didn't." Cara said controlling her laughter.

"Then let me tell you why your eyes are so mesmerizing." Sehun said coming close to Cara.

"Your food is ready sir." the waiter said coming with a plate of pizza. 

"Please enjoy..." he said leaving them. 

Cara was so thankful as she was sure if not for that waiter, her heart was going to burst any second. 

"How was your day?"  Sehun asked taking a bite. 

"I screwed up a meeting and got scolded by mom, because someone kept messing with my head." Cara  wanted to say but didn't. 

"Well... Not bad." Cara answered instead. 

"Tell me about yours..." Cara added. 

"Well, the team I supposed to work with, kept rejecting me... But as for today, all I had in my thoughts was You. " Sehun said grinning brightly, making Cara blush.

"But why do you think they are rejecting you?" Cara asked after few moments. 

"May be because, I am incapable of convincing them that they can trust me as a leader." Sehun said with a faint smile this time. 

"Hun... You are more than capable of being a leader. If you were not, you would not be there. TBH it might take time but I am sure you are going be their favorite too." Cara said keeping a hand on his hand. 

"Thank you Little one. It means a lot." Sehun said  with a soft look. 

"Remember I will always be there for you, no matter what." Cara said looking back at Sehun's eyes with tenderness.

"So will I." Sehun said with moist eyes. 


After finishing the meal, Sehun and Cara went to the counter to pay the bills. But as Sehun searched for his wallet he found his pocket empty. He was anxious and stressed, he couldn't have possibly forgot that, oh he screwed up. 

"What's wrong?" Cara asked in worry.
"I am sorry, I forgot my wallet." Sehun said feeling terribly embarrassed. 
"Relax, I have mine." Cara said rubbing his hand.

"Damn I am so stupid. How can I forget it." Sehun kicked the tyre as they came to the Car. 

"Hey... You will hurt yourself." Cara said stopping him. 
"I screwed our 1st date, I planned so many things, little one." Sehun said looking so dissapointed.

"We have a whole lifetime together. You will always have a next time, no matter how many times you screw up. Understand?" Cara said looking at his eyes. 

"Hmm" Sehun hummed.

"Good, now get in." Cara said opening the passenger seat door.

 

 

Soft sand were slipping beneath their feet as they kept walking on the sea shore. It was Cara who wanted to go for walk along the sea. 

 

"Hun... " Cara said after minutes of silence.

"Hmm... " Sehun hummed implying he was listening. 

"You know, I am full of flaws..." Cara said stopping her walk. 

"You are perfect in my eyes." Sehun replied in a heartbeat. 

"So are you. " Cara said facing him. 

"I see how hard you try to make everyone happy and try not to dissapoint anyone. And trust me I appreciate how much effort you give in tinniest things. I really do. " Cara said holding both of his hands in hers. 

"But you blame yourself if slightest of things go wrong. You do that with Mom, I see often. You do that with me too, I noticed that multiple times including today, I am sure you are like that in work too."  Cara said in a soft tone. Sehun was listening. 

"But Hunnie. Sometimes it's okay. You are not to blame everytime things go wrong. It's okay to not being perfect. It's okay because no-one is." Cara kept her hand on his cheek.

"With me, you are allowed to feel at ease, I want you to feel home with me. I don't only want to see the perfect side of yours, I want to see your imperfections too. I want to be there for you everytime you fall and I want to help you stand up again just like you do. I want you to open up to me about your fears and insecurities. I want you to understand mine too. Because perfection is always out of reach and I want us to stay together very very close. You can be weak or strong, you can be angry at times, you can be emotional. Because all of them are part of you and I am willing to fall for all of them." Cara said going close to Sehun.

She slowly slid her hand under his ears and looked at him with a deep gaze. She stood on her toes and reached his face. Slowly she took his lower lip between her lips and it slowly. She kept giving strength to the until Sehun took over. He wetted her upper lips before it hard. Now it was fire. In between the there were few peaks. Separating the lips they looked at eachother and again started the kiss which was more intense this time. 

"It was beautiful." Sehun said as they finally decided to let each others lips.
"Not more that you." Cara said peaking his lips again.