chapter 5

WHISPERS OF HEART

It was already good 15 minutes since Grace was standing in front of the gate of the park. She could see Suho was sitting on a chair near the swing; they used to sit after they were engaged. She had forbidden herself from coming here all these years. She always thought, this place can only give her pain and nothing else. But what is she feeling now is opposite to pain. She is not feeling uneasy anymore. It’s like she had travelled through the time machine and is back to the place she was three years ago. She finally took a deep breath and went in. Since she was standing there, she saw Suho was not doing any action. He was sitting there without moving. Suho was always like this; always composed yet emotional at times. When he gets emotional, he just becomes a baby.

Suho patted the side sit when Grace just reached his backside; she did not even make any sound.

“Do you remember that swing?” Suho asked moving his head in Grace’s direction. “You did not call me to talk about swings, did you?” Grace said in a low voice, still confused she should speak in this voice or not. “Are you angry?” Suho said looking down. “Should not I?” Grace asked looking at him. But the moment she did that, she realized how much she missed this person.

“Of course you should, you have every right to get angry and also you can beat me, see I have a stick too. You want to use it?” Suho said showing his stick.

“Is everything a joke to you?” Grace asked with eyes filled with water. “Only if, that ‘everything’ does not include you.” Suho replied and Grace chose to remain silent.

“I am having my eyes operation in a month.” Suho said and Grace felt the most happiest in these 3 years this time.

“But the success chance is only 40%.” Suho said leaning on the back of the chair. “Don’t worry, everything will be okay, you will be able to see again. I am sure.” Grace said as if she was already seeing Suho looking at world again.

“Initially I was not planning to say it, but that day when I felt you at the hospital, I could not control anymore.” Suho said and sadness was clearly visible in his eyes. “Can I hold your hand please?” Suho asked and Grace held his hand in her both hands. “Why?” Grace asked. “Hm?” Suho asked softly. “Why did you never contact me and why did you change your number?” Grace tried hard to not being emotional. “If that day you… me…. I was not there? Then when did you really plan to… did you really plan to? ” She could not even properly say that. Suho pressed her hand in a manner that he was wronged and she was going to misunderstand him. “I was planning to surprise you if I get my eyes back, trust me.” He did not look composed anymore. “If not; then?” Grace asked hoping that he was not thinking what she thought already. “If… not… t..hen…” Suho stammered. “If not, then… you was never planning to, right?” Grace said as she freed her hand from his grip. “You never understood me.” Grace said as she stood up. “I never want to spoil your life.” Suho said as he stood up to stop her from leaving. “It’s not anything better either.” Grace started to leave. “I don’t want to be your burden, I never wanted to…” Suho could not stop his tears anymore. “Will you think me as burden if I will lose my eyes? If It was me who had lost her eyes that day, would you have abandoned me?” Grace asked wiping his tears. “Would you have? Tell me…” Grace held his sleeves tightly. “No… of course not. I can’t… I will never.” Suho fell down hitting the ground with a punch. His hand started to bleed. “Then why did you made me? Am I that weak in your eyes? Do you really think me a girl who…. I loved you Suho… I god damn loved you… what right do you have to snatch my husband from me.” Grace sat down near him, holding his injured hand. “I was helpless, I was scared, I was…..I was just…. I could not drag you to this darkness with me. I am sorry… I am sorry.” Suho was panting, he did not care how many people were staring at them, neither did Grace cared about that. It’s okay to be vulnerable in front of the one, who you think will never let you fall.

“I know, I don’t deserve it, but can you give me a chance? I won’t disappoint you, please.” Suho said as his tears came back to his control; still then both of them were letting each other to shed all those things out they were trying to suppress all these years. “Will you promise me, no matter what and who, you will never…..” “I will never let you down. I promise. What the future has, we will face it together.” Suho completed.

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Mrs. Oh scolded Cara. “But mom…” Cara tried to explain. “Enough… Don’t say rubbish. You are my daughter in law. I won’t allow you to work as any intern. I have decided your position and that’s final.” Mrs. Oh said leaving no room for any arguments. “I will give you two day, prepare yourself, go through all these papers, do see the projects inside it. You may go now.” Mrs. Oh finished giving Cara 4 files and 2 pen-drives.

Cara was unsure she could do it or not, Mrs. Oh was asking her to join directly as management head. Although it was not a giant multinational company but it was not a small company either. Being an employee of Elegance was not a small deal as Mrs. Oh needs perfection in everything. As per Cara, learning and getting progress was the thing she always wanted in her carrier. Now she was directly getting a big responsibility and she wanted to prove herself. Her dad was never a person who hesitated to provide any educational facility but yeah there were so many restrictions for her. Just because she needed to stay till 10 in the night, her dad did not allow her to join her dream company. Now she has time and opportunity, to prove herself in her own eyes. She has already accepted her life as it is and to be honest, she never expected to marry in such a family where she will not have to fight for her carrier because her dad always wanted her to become a house woman like her mother was. Now she will leave no effort to stand by her feet. As her thought proceed she find herself in front of her room. She knocked before entering to find Grace and Sehun sitting on the couch. “You are back, Unnie!” Cara asked as she entered. “Yes, I picked her from the park.” Sehun said making space for me to sit. “How was it?” Cara asked putting the files carefully on the table beside the bed. “I am not going say…” Grace smiled. “Smile of yours is saying everything.” Cara came to hug her. “But we want details, don’t we?” Sehun whined. “Before that I need to thank you both.” Grace said looking towards both with eyes full of happy tears. “Thanks is sufficient, you have to give us a large treat.” Sehun kneel down in front of her. “We already planned that before, Suho wants to thank you both too.” Grace smiled widely.

“I have another good news too.” Grace said holding their hand together. “Really! What?” Cara asked with excitement in her eyes. Sehun froze for a moment. “Suho has a chance to get his eyes back.” Grace said with hopes in her eyes. “That’s the best news I heard today……. I am happy unnie…” Cara jumped from her seat. “Let me make some sweet for dinner.” Cara said hugging her. “I am really happy for you, you know I hated myself because I could not do anything for you, but that person asked me to take the step and now my sister is smiling. I don’t know how to thank her enough.” Sehun said looking at the door after Cara left. “She is like a blessing for me too. I never imagined I could do it what I did today.” Grace whispered.

 

“That’s greatttttttt………. I think today is really a good dayyyyyyyyyyy…….” Sehun sang as Cara said she is joining Elegance. It won’t be wrong if Cara will say she always wanted her husband to be happy for her work, unlike his father. “Let me call Misti, I have not told them yet.” Cara said with a smile.

“Hellloooooooo brooooooooo….”Misti said after picking up the call in one ring and put it on speaker. “I have a good news guys, no actually two, I guess three….” Cara said on after making sure Sehun went to bathroom. “wowwwwww….. quickly speak it up….” Claire said with a weird voice, because was filled with chips. “Okay wait, let me call Arya first.” Cara said holding their call to ring Arya. The other line took 6 or 7 rings to finally be answered. “Hello…” Cara said making it a conference call. “Wahh I did not know, Rhinos can speak…” A male voice said and Cara checked weather she dialed any wrong number. Wait, it’s not possible any male can pick Arya’s phone at 10 PM… and even he knew the caller I’d is Rhino…. “Who the hell are you?” Cara said getting worried… “You are calling Madam, not me… you should tell who you are...” He spoke, when Cara realized she heard the voice before, but was not sure where… “Why the hell my baby’s phone is with you, you are asking me, who are we? Are you kidding me? I can just report about you right now…” Claire said getting angry. “Wait wait wait….. Are you Arya’s friend?” The male voice asked faking to be scared. “Yes… who are you?” Misti asked while rubbing Claire’s back to calm her down. “I am her boy friend…” The man said earning a “WHATTTTTTTTTT…” from three of them at same pitch…

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING WITH MY PHONE? DO YOU WANT TO DIE…”It was Arya’s turn to yell. “Don’t yell at me, cupcake… what will your friend think of me…” the man said showing her phone.

“Guys… did this jerk said anything absurd?” Arya asked with a soft voice. “We are still digesting what he said…” Cara said with shock reflecting voice. “WHAT EXCATLY DID YOU SAY?” Arya asked with a clearly angry voice. “Guys… let’s meet tomorrow.” Claire suggested. “That will be good… I will say about my good news tomorrow then, see ya!” Cara said while she saw Sehun behind her and his eyes were fixed on her. “Okay then… but please don’t believe this punk…” Arya said before bidding bye.

As Cara put the phone down, Sehun rushed to her asking if she is okay or not? “Yes, I am fine…” Cara said like a matter of fact. “Then why did you shout, you scared me!” He touched the back of her palm, softly like it was some feather. A strange spark went through Cara’s spine. It’s not like She never touched Sehun before, but it’s the concern his eyes showed. Always whenever Cara’s eyes meet Sehun’s, she always find a different kind of reaction inside her. Once she believed that those concerns are fake and they will vanish away if she won’t pay attention to them, but she was terribly wrong. In these three months, the eyes manage to make her trust them. Unknowingly she paid attention to them and the attention she paid are not bothering her anymore, now she is willing to agree with those eyes. Now she wanted to stay in sync with them. Still one thing is uncertain inside her, is she going to repeat the mistake? Because one thing about her she knew that, once she took her guards off, then will be no return. So she wanted to be sure this time, when she will be sure enough that, she is ready to proceed with a mindset of no regret then, she will let herself flow. Sehun was a good person and the last thing Cara wanted him to give is disappointment. But will he wait for her? A kind of fear was felt inside her. She could not name that fear, was it actually fear? Did she already let herself, without knowing? What if she did? What if Sehun’s feelings are temporary? What if he will stop caring for her after a while? Why these thoughts giving her frown? She felt Sehun’s grip on her hand. He saw him still looking at her with another feeling; she may name that as admiration. Sehun don’t mind looking into those most beautiful eyes of the universe whole night. It was the first time Cara looked into his eyes, for this long, but why did she suddenly frown? Sehun took her tiny hand into his hold. She slightly shook her head as if many out from some thought. “Littleone?” Sehun whispered. “Um…” Cara said still not adverting her eyes from him. “Anything wrong?” Sehun asked putting a hand on her arm. “Momaskedmetorevisethosefilesineedtogo…” Cara said in one breath. “Okay okay, I know you find me weird, but still I have not reached the level to understand alien language.” Sehun mocked. “Mom asked me to revise those files, I need to go.” Cara said like a human does. “Oh..” Sehun continued “So where are to planning to go?” Sehun asked hiding his smile. He was feeling content, no actually CONTENT that his touch does something to her. He was feeling so much proud of himself that he decided that he will treat himself a good meal tomorrow. “Can I borrow your study?” Cara asked. My every-thing is yours babe, including me, what borrow? Sehun blushed inside. What is blushing inside? Okay so he find himself in red colour inside his head. Yes, that’s the case. “May I?” Cara asked again. “Yea…yeah, of course. But get freshen up first.” Sehun said scratching his neck. “okay…” Cara said entering the bathroom with her clothes. The moment she closed the door of bathroom, Sehun rushed outside.

Are not you proud of yourself? You successfully made fun of yours! Wahhh congratulations… thank yourself for gawking on him, omg what he must think of you… Cara scolded herself under the shower with such concentration that, she did not even realize her hair was all wet. She quickly get of shower to find that, she forgot to bring her pants inside, now all she has was her mid thigh length t-shirt, she is done… somehow she mange to pull that shirt and make its length up to her upper knee. She went near the door, put her ear on it to check, if there is any sound of Sehun or not. Thankfully she did not hear any. It’s not like he needs make sounds to stay in room, he can sit on bed with no sound too. Her few working brain cells mocked at her. She is doomed today, finally gathering all courage she peeped outside, thankfully Sehun is not here. She opened the door to come outside and ran to lock to door. She turned around taking a breath and……died. I mean almost died. Out of embarrassment...

You can also choose any other method to kill me, why are you doing this Littleone… It was the first time, Sehun felt desire inside him, He did not want to lose his control. But all he could do this time was looking at the bare legs of Cara, his Cara, His wife Cara. “Wh..attt a..rree y..oou do…ing the..re.?” Cara asked. “You got perfect legs…” Sehun stated and then … regret…. regret…. regret… done…finished…over…good job Sehun now get prepared for the slap,

Cara’s body froze, she could not move, she could not run….. What am I going to do? she asked herself.

“Yes, I need to pee…” Sehun said rushing into the bathroom. Now she took back the word, today is the best day.

After changing into the proper dress, she slid inside the duvet and drop the idea of reading files today…

How long is it taking Sehun? Why is not he back yet? Cara became curious and turned her right to face bathroom but instantly regretted. Sehun’s face was inches apart from her, his eyes closed. When did he even come out and lay beside her? Her face was dangerously close to him. “Stop making things difficult for me…” Sehun whispered huskily with a small smirk pestered on his lips.

Now Cara finally died.