Chapter-17

WHISPERS OF HEART

Cara could not find a chance to talk to Sehun until they were in their room. As Cara came out of bathroom after changing into comfortable sleepwear, she found Sehun searching for something.

"What is it?" Cara asked as she started combing her hair.

"I need my laptop charger. My laptop is out of battery. I still have some work to do." Sehun said opening the drawer.

"May be in the cupboard of study." Cara said looking at him. 

"I will see there then, thank you ." Sehun said opening the door. 

"hmm." Cara said as he walked out. 

"I found it. Thank you again." Cara's phone beeped with a text from Sehun.

"welcome." Cara texted back. 

"don't stay up late." Cara texted again. 

"I won't. Sleep well. Good night Little one. " Sehun texted as he started his work. 

"good night." Cara texted as she went inside the covers.

Cara closed her eyes. She did not feel like sleeping. She opened the door to the balcony and sat there. She looked at the sky and the bright moon. She never wanted to be the moon. She never wanted to be on spotlight.  But she never wanted to be a star either. Just someone from the millions. She smiled as she remembered her promise to herself. She will make someone proud one-day, that someone used to be her father before but now she was not sure, if that person is still her father or...... Sehun.... Or might be she herself?! 

Her thoughts came to an halt as she heard her phone rang. She smiled as she knew who would be calling at this moment.

"Hope I am not disturbing your precious little dirty moments." a playful voice sang in her ears. 

"Shut up....you are the one who is dirty." Cara smiled as she yelled at Misti.

"Oh please... We should apologize first before disturbing two love birds at middle of night." Claire teased Cara to which Cara just rolled her eyes. 

"There is nothing to distrub okay... He is working in his study and I am talking to two stupids here." Cara said in a voice louder than usual. 

"Ahhh that is why someone is angry." Misti said and both of them brust into feat of laughter.

"I am not angry." Cara said flustered.

"We never took your name, you are confessing yourself." Claire said and Cara was embarrassed.

"I am calling Arya." Cara said changing the topic. 

"My poor baby is working overtime today. She might be busy. " Claire said with a pout.

"Ahhh okay... Then I won't disturb her. Why these software companies have so much work to do? " Cara asked.

"IKR! She said she will be working whole week so we barely talked much. I miss her" Claire said in a sad voice. 

She will be free on weekend right? we planned to meet on Saturday." Cara asked.

"yeah she will be." Misti said. 

"So.... How was today?" Misti asked and Cara started telling her first day of work. 

"We are really happy for you." Claire said smiling widely. 

"Make some time for yourself, that's an important thing too." Misti added. 

"I will, I will...  So tell me what's going on with you guys..." Cara asked. 


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hun... Are you there? " Grace knocked Sehun's door. 

"Come in unnie, I am inside." Sehun said looking at the door. 

"My little brother is doing so much hard work. So I thought I will bring some ice cream." Grace said with a smile. 

Sehun smiled back. He thanked Grace after taking the cup from her hand. Both of them silently ate their ice cream. 

"It's OK to be frustrated and angry, when are down, don't always keep everything inside." Grace knew Sehun lacks honesty when it comes to expressing his emotions. Grace, who spent almost every day with Sehun and watched him grew up could say Sehun was quiter than any other day today.

"It's work, not everyday is meant to be great. Bad days comes once in a while to say hello. it does not stay long." Grace added.

"I know." Sehun said like explaining.

"I know its not a big deal. But none of the meetings went well today, nothing i did was good enough for them. i know i might be over-reacting but i felt i did not deerve this post. it was my first day of this post and i messed up. Did not they say 'Morning shows a day'? " Sehun finished saying and Grace was looking at his expressions attentively. His expressions somewhat changed from explaining to complaining. She could see disappointment in his eyes for himself claerly. Nothing can be more of a big deal than your own disappointment eating yourself.

"It might not be a big deal for anyone of us but it IS a big deal for you. i told you Hun, its okay to be sad. Why can't you mess up things? You can, it happened today, it might happen tomorrow, i am sure if someone else had done that, you could have easily forgiven them, so why can't you let it slide for yourself. You don't have to do everything perfectly." Grace was saying.

"I have to, I need to. i have to prove myself right before mom, i choose this job instead of joining her company, if I fail here how disappointed will she be?" Sehun said somewhat frustated.

"So what if she is disapointed? so What Hun?" Grace sounded a little rude.

"Why can't we disapiont her?" Grace added.

"You know what? This is the fear which is ruining our life. yes, its her." Grace said again.

"Unnie, she is our Mom." Sehun defended.

"Exactly, She is our mom, not any goddess or our ruler." Grace said furiously.

"You know what she asked me while i was going to sleep? She asked me to go on a blind date. Seriously? Anyway, this wont do. i am telling you, stop doing this."

"I wonder how Cara's day went today? I was totally selfish, i did not even talk to her properly." Sehun said changing the topic.

"It went great. She was really excited today, Even Mom prised her." Grace said smiling a bit.

"Damn, she must be waiting to share them with me. I am here talking about my things. i should be with her right now." Sehun said standing up.

"Is that really what you want to do right now?" Grace asked.

"Not everything is always about me. I even could not go for lunch together with her, she must be sad. Good night unnie, close the door before you go." Sehun said getting out of room.

As Sehun entered the room, Cara was already asleep. she was holding her phone in her hand. As Sehun saw her a part of his heart hurt a little unreasonably. May be he expected cara to wait for him. Although he hated himself for thinking that way still he cant help but feel a little sad. Sehun held the phone of hers in his hand to keep it aside, just then a texted poped up, Sehun unintensionally read it, it was from Arya.

I am proud of you, you did a great job today, good luck for your second day at work. fighting!!!

Sehun kept the phone aside and went to his study again, Grace was not there. He felt a bit more sad.

Can't i be the first one? 

I know her friends are important, still.

Sehun even felt more frustated with the way he was thinking. He wanted to punch himself, right on the face.

"It's not a big deal, i myself told her to rest. So what if she fell asleep? I was the one who did not talk to her,  what if she shared her happiness with her friends? thats totally normal, Then why the hell i feel sad. What right do i have? "  Sehun kept thinking.

"Right, it's because i am not in my right state of mind. I should stop thinking about it." He murmured.

"Should I get some sleep? or should I binge some movies. Oh..." Sehun was thinking and he remembered the pen-drive, the one Cara gave him back in village.

"Here you are." Sehun said taking out the pendrive from the drawer. He noticed there was a 'K' engraved in corner of it. Perhaps, he did not noticed it that day.

To Sehun's surprise, there was only one file in the pen-drive named 'Precious'. As Sehun opened that file, there was no movie in it, it was just a bunch of miscellaneous files.

"What are these? Are not they suppose to be movies?" Sehun exclaimed. As Sehun open one of those file, he saw a little girl crawling on ground.

"This is Cara." He stated amusingly. He remembered the old pictures Car showed him back then, although he was not 100% sure he remembered vaguely.

This file had more than 2000 media files in it. Sehun did not want to leave but he had to as clock was striking 2. He still has work to do, He kept the pendrive in his drawer and closed the study door.

"Why did she told me these were movies? Was she embarassed?" Sehun could not help but smile at  his thought. He knew Cara was not much of a spoke person, he knew their bond was growing, even if he does not talk about that kiss, he doesn't forget about it. 

"Giving such a personal thing, like that precious Pen drive, wouldn't have been a small dicision for her to make. She really must be so emabarrassed." Sehun decided to play dumb for now. As he opened the bedroom door, Sehun saw Cara sitting on the bed.

"Hey, why are you up?" Sehun said thinking she might woke up from a nightmare.

"Were you still working untill now?" Cara asked standing up from bed.

"yeah kind of." Sehun lied.

"oh. Was there a lot of work?" She asked as Sehun came to sit near her.

"hmm." Sehun hmmed.

"Oh. Get some sleep, you must be tired." Cara said patting the bed.

Sehun went to his side and put his head on Cara's lap and looked at Cara.

"I am listening" Cara said looking back at him.

"Can you give me a hug?" Sehun asked Cara after looking at her for few more seconds.

"Don't ask for permission from next time." Cara said holding Sehun in her arms.

"We have work tomorrow, lie here and hug me while you are sleeping, multitasking, no?" Cara said looking at him with adorable eyes.

 

 

"You know how bad i am at these stuffs, forgive me for my bad choice of words. I wanted you to be the first one, with whom i wanted to share how yesterday went but more than that i want to be the first one with whom you can share your stuffs, i might or might not have earned that much trust, but trust me i am not a bad listener. If not anything else then, we are best buddies you know?Sorry I tried but could not speak these in front of you, so i am texting here."

A text appeared on Sehun's Phone as he came back from the wardrobe, well dressed for his work. Cara the one who texted just entered the room ready to set off for work just when Sehun saw the text. He went to Cara without thinking twice he held her in his arms. One of his hand holding her wrist and another sliding to back of her neck. Faces incredibly close and eyes shut. a soft touch was felt on Cara's lips. it was diffrent from last time, it was a soft one as if he was trying to seek permission from her for something.

"I really can't be a friend of yours anymore, Little one." He said as he departed from her after giving her another peck.