Chapter 13

WHISPERS OF HEART

Cara was humming a tune while finishing the cleaning. Did someone mentioned before that... cleaning after a date is the most difficult part of a date.
 
Sehun just finished taking bath and was dressed as the door bell rang, Cara who was busy doing the preparations for breakfast went to open the door. A warm hug from her mother welcomed Cara to her embrace. She was hugging her mother first time after her marriage.

"Oh... baccha... I missed you..." Mrs park was almost in tears.
"I missed you too Mama..." Cara said hugging more tightly.

"Where is Papa?!" Cara asked as they entered the hall.

"He dropped me and went to market to bring few things. He will be back in no time. Don't worry." Mrs Park said sitting on the couch.

"Good morning ladies." Sehun's voice rang from the door of the hall as he came out dressing in a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Good morning Beta..." Mrs Park said with a wide smile.
"Good morning." Cara said smiling.
"That's not fair... not hug for son? !?!" Sehun pouted sitting next to Mrs park.

"Of course... come." Mrs park said hugging Sehun affectionately.

"Where is Papa?" Sehun asked and the door bell rang.

"Oh... he is here." Mrs park said standing from her seat.
"Let me Mama." Sehun said going the the door and opening it.

"Hello Papa." Sehun greeted Mr Park taking the bag of grocery from his hand.

"Hello Beta.. thank you." Mr Park said giving Sehun the bags.

"Hello Papa." Cara said smiling a little.
"Hello Beta..." Mr Park said putting his hand on Cara's head. Her smile became a brighter one.

"Mama Papa... you guys must be tired. Go freshen up. I will make breakfast in mean while."

"It's okay.. baby. I'm not tired at all. It's was your Papa who was driving, I was just sitting. You guys should sit and talk. I will go make breakfast. Also it's been long I have not cooked for you. Also Sehun has not tasted my cooking yet." Mrs park said putting hand on Cara's arm.

"But mama..."

"I insist." Mrs park said leaving no room for arguments.




"Papa your tea, Sehun your Coffee." Cara gave them the cups and sat on the couch opposite to Sehun's.

"Thank you." Sehun said with a smile and Mr Park nod acknowledging her presence.

"So how is everything?" Mr Park continued his chat with Sehun.

"Everything is fine. You guys are not having any problems here..  do you.??.. or why don't you shift to our town? " Sehun said taking a sip of coffee.

"No.. no... we are alright here. Also It's far better here in County side from the chaotic city lights." Mr Park said tasting the tea.

"Did you make it?" Mr Park said looking towards Cara.
"Is it bad??" Cara asked unsure.
"No... it's good. I just recognise your mama's tea." Mr Park smiled and little.
"Aww... that's so cute Papa." Sehun grinned looking towards his father in law.

"It's been almost 25 years.. that we are together. It's natural." Mr Park said putting his cup on the table.

"No matter how common or natural it is... but it's romantic.. how you guys have eachother for half of your life." Sehun added with a smile.

Cara was awestruck the way Sehun could talk to him, well she never dared to. Also his father was not angry or annoyed at him. She never imagined it. Well tbh she was a little jealous of Sehun. And a little happy too. Imagining her parents being romantic.

As the talk go on, she somehow felt like missing her mama as Sehun was talking to her Papa the way she talks to her mama.

"Papa, I will go check on Mama..." Cara said taking the empty cups in her hand.

"Okie... remind her to take her medicine." Mr Park said checking out the time in his watch.
"It's about time." He added and Cara left with a smile.

Cara went inside the kitchen and saw her mom stirring the soup.

"Mama..." Cara called softly back hugging her mother. Noone said anything and they let the silence fill the air which seemed somehow empty. Didn't they say a warm hug from your mother is best thing in the world.

"It's been long." Cara said in a low voice fearing that she will break the music of silence.


A sob released all the emotions Mrs Park was holding inside all this while. As her daughter's tender hands cupped her face a small drop of tear accompanied with a soft smile was artistically get drawn on her face.

"My baby has grown up in no time. It's like yesterday our home was filled with your laughter and now it feels so alone." Another sob broke her voice.

"First calm down Mama. See should not we celebrate this time; than getting sad over things that has happened?" Cara said holding her mother in her arms. Mrs park could see the change of attitude in Cara, she was more than happy that she was starting to see the good side of things.

"Okie okie. ..good sit at your place and just let me finish this work. Then we will talk loads, okie sweetie." Mrs park said kissing Cara's forehead, to which Cara nodded affectionately.

"Mama you know... yesterday... Sehun cooked and told me to sit here. And let me tell you. He is a good cook." Cara said smiling widely.

"Wahhh... reallyyyyyyy... I told you, my son is best." Mrs park said feeling a lot more happier than she showed. She knew Cara has been a lot and seeing her daughter happy with Sehun; she can't be more happier.

"Okie please... I also did something for him." Cara said with a pout.

"Really!! And what did you do?!" Cara's Mother asked in a teasing tone.

"That thing .......umm...is a secret." Cara said as a light shade of pink crawl over her cheeks.

"I also don't have holy water. Keep it secret." Mrs park said hiding her wide smile.

"Mamaaaaaaa... What are you thinking ...urgghh.... I am not talking to you." Cara made a angry pout.

"Oppsss. .. did I come in wrong time.... someone is digging pores on kitchen floor... are you safe Mama?!" Sehun asked mischief clear in his eyes.

"It's good that you came to my rescue, I am safe now." Mrs park said dramatically teasing Cara even more.

"How dare you guys team up against me. I'm am angry for real now." Cara said jumping down from her seat.

"How about I get into your team." Mr Park said entering into the kitchen.

"Oh Papa... did you need anything?!... you should have called me." Cara asked politely.

"I just wanted to ask, if your mom had medicine." Mr Park asked and waited for the response.

"Oh God sorry I forgot to ask Mama." Cara said with a bit of guilt in her voice.

"Yes... I already took a while ago." Mrs park said with a smile and Mr Park nodded before leaving.

"Papa already asked and even came here... aww Mama....umm ummm" Cara mother while she shyly smiled.

"Of course... Papa loves Mama a lot. I can see that." Sehun said coming near his mother in law.

"Okie okie enough you two. Go outside and let me finish the last few works." Mrs park said pushing them out.

"Okie okie... I will go and make the table." Cara said holding the plates.
"Let me help you carry them." Sehun said holding the bowls and smaller plates.

Mr Park was sitting on the couch reading the news paper. He could not help but feel a little alone. Well he has noone to blame. He in the first place never been that close to Cara which her mom was. He was a little jealous of Sehun to be honest. That person seems more close to his daughter than he has ever been. He was sure he was not thinking rationally but anyway he was happy for his daughter and her life partner.

The day went on a blink and after dinner as Cara was done with helping her mother with the dishes, she made three cups of coffee, for Sehun, her mother and herself.

"Give me a call if you need anything at any time." Cara said with a smile after keeping the coffee beside Sehun who was checking emails in his phone.

"Don't stay up till late. You guys must be tired. Plus we have to catch train tomorrow morning." Sehun said holding the cup.

"I will sleep with her tonight then. You too sleep soon and I am leaving the door open. Close it if you are uncomfortable." Cara said from the door and Sehun just nodded, but then he called from behind.

"Yes... you want anything else?" Cara asked turning around.

"Umm... can i use your laptop?! I am having a little problem with phone... don't worry I won't look at your personal things, promise." Sehun said rising his three fingers.

"I am scared I can't do that." Cara said making a serious face.

"Oh." Sehun said nodding.

"Look at your face Hunnie. Mine is broken since ages. I will bring you Papa's. Give me a minute." Cara said breaking into laughter.

Sehun of course nodded but did he hear anything other  than 'Hunnie' ?!
 
"Here." Cara placed the laptop on the bed along with a paper where p/w was written beside Sehun and went to the cupboard near by.

Cara came and sat near Sehun and held his left hand with her left hand and opened his plam.

"It's my small movie collection. See if you find any good one, if you don't feel like sleeping. Butttt..... don't stay up very late." Cara said in a warning tone putting a black Pendrive on Sehun's palm.

"Little one... thank you." Sehun  said after a pause.
"Good night... hunniee." Cara said smiling softly from the door.

*******************


"Mamaaaaaaa..... I am here." Cara said back hugging Mrs park who was looking towards the purple-black sky painted with pale white clouds beautifully covering the little bright dots.

"Sit... sit..." Mrs park said making her sit.

"Finally....." Cara sighed to which Mrs park chuckled.

"So... mama how are you doing?" Cara asked taking Mrs park's  hand I hers.

"Well I am doing just fine... sometimes just feels alone and these plants here helps me to stay occupied. What about you?" Mrs park said holding her hand tightly.

"I am good. Of course I miss you too, but granny and unnie never let me feel alone. Mama stays out most of the times, she is quite strict tho. Still everything is going good. A little better than just good " Cara said smiling softly.

"And Sehun?! Are you happy with him." Mrs park asked looking into her eyes.

"You already know Mama... don't you?!" Cara asked back.

"I can't really know... I just can guess." Mrs Park said with a smile.

"Sehun asked this question few days back. I could not answer anything. How badly I wished he could know himself too." Cara said eyes almost moist.

"I wish I can just speak everything in my heart to him. But i just can't." Cara's voice cracked but hide it with the sigh and Mrs Park pull her into a hug.

"It's okay...." Mrs Park said rubbing her back.

"I just can't understand what is stopping me. I just can't bring myself to open my heart before anyone especially the one who deserve to know the most." Cara broke into a sob and Mrs Park keep drawing circles on her back.

*****

Sehun got a pretty good surprise when he opened the laptop and put the password Cara gave him a while ago. It was Cara on the home screen. A Younger Cara, in her mid teens, Sehun guessed, playing a Piano on a big stage. He never knew Cara was a Pianist. Wearing a white gown sitting in front of a dark chocolate coloured piano, she did not look less than any angel. It took Sehun few minutes to stop looking towards that wallpaper. As he was done with looking towards his "Little one" he quickly finished checking his emails and send some emails as well and was back to staring towards Cara. His eyes scanned the icons on the home screen. Although he really did not want to invade her privacy but curiosity got over him as his eyes found a folder just above  the start icon; named as "Priceless moments".
His hand rested on the touch pad as the cursor rested on the file and he clicked it twice in order to open the file but he pressed the esc. Key as soon as filed opened. Still he managed to take a look at the small icons in it. The file was filled with pictures and videos. To restrain himself from looking at that file again, Sehun decided to shut down the Laptop and get some rest. So first he shut down the laptop and kept it on the table and opened the draw to put the Pendrive in it.
As he put his head on his pillow, he started missing Cara. Absence of Cara's fragrance drove his sleep away and he kept tossing and turning untill his eyelids finally gave up around dawn.