chapter 1

WHISPERS OF HEART

SEHUN’S P.O.V.

I entered my room to find a beautiful lady in her angelic creamy-red lehenga sat on my bed, she is My Cara… I mean my wife Cara. I went near her, but she looked pale, is she unhappy? Did her parents force her to marry me? Yes it was an arranged marriage and due to my grand mom’s health we get married just after few days after our meeting and we did not get a chance to know each other properly. Well I was too shy to ask her out with me. Actually I have been like this since  forever. This woman sitting here will be the first woman whom I see from my heart, she is the only one who warms my heart. But what is wrong? Why can’t I see the happiness in her eyes?

I love her… no it’s not love at first sight, its love since I was a child since I came to know there exist something called marriage. I love the concept of marriage. I love my wife… whoever she will be. I always wanted a soul-mate and the time I saw her I felt like, yes, she is the one for me.

Should I ask her why she is sad, but we don’t even know each-other that much and why will she tell me. But I can’t stay silent, it would be awkward. I sat near her, she smiled at me.

WOW! I can die for HER SMILE. “Are you okay?” I asked her still looking at her with a hope that she will smile again.

Yeah I am good just a little tired.” Cara answered and smiled again.

God that smile of her's, I want to see her smile every single second. ‘Stop being hopeless romantic Sehun.' I scolded myself.

Go and freshen up and rest well you will feel better.” I said showing her the direction of Bathroom.

She went inside and came back wearing a sari. But she did not look comfortable in that. “Why are you wearing sari? Will you be comfortable in that?

Umm… mama said Your Mom want me to wear sari.” She said giving a pure fake smile.

Actually we are here in India since my Grand-papa was young and my mom is an Indian lady and she also possess some old fashions but she can’t do this to her if she doesn’t like it. “You can wear whatever you are comfortable with now and I will talk to mom tomorrow, she can’t force you.” I said giving her an apologetic smile.

No it’s fine I am comfortable in sari(an Indian traditional attire).” Cara smiled at me.

I can see that…. You are not…comfo…” I was saying she interrupted “Can I wear pajama in your room? I will wear sari in day time you don’t need to say anything to Mom.

It’s our room Cara and yes you can wear anything

“Thank you Mr.” Cara thanked me.

Call me Sehun please.” I said making a pout.

Okay” She said and excused herself to the bathroom, and came out in no time.

I went inside and did my works and when I came out I saw her making our bed, yes our bed…. But wait why is she confused? Then she saw me and asked “I want to say something. Umm I don’t want to rush into all this, I need time. I mean if you are not thinking same then its okay. But I can’t just you know… umm…” She was looking really cute with that face. I put my hand for a hand shake and asked “Can we be friends?”

I said again “Look Cara even I want to start everything from beginning, I have never been in any relationship. I don’t know what to do and how to make you happy, but I want you to be happy. . I don’t know how to make you feel special, but I want you to feel special because you are very special to me. You are going to be one the most important part of my life and I want everything to be natural between us, we have a whole life together so we will never rush and will take everything slowly, enough of Gyan(knowledge) for today, now go to bed and sleep, you look very tired. I will be comfortable on my couch.”

She took my hand and smiled…. It was a real smile. And I was dancing inside…. ‘Yay yay yay I made her happy for the first time and again yayyayyah… wowowllla wowowlalal wowolalala wowolalalla yay yaya yya’ then I composed myself and went to my couch.

It’s okay you can sleep here, you will not be comfortable on couch and also you do have many work for tomorrow, my size is small so I will be comfortable in that.” She said again smiling.

No no I am good here you are new here and you are my responsibility so I am not going anywhere, you are sleeping on bed and that’s final.

 

CARA’S P.O.V.

He is a good guy but I doubt all this to be real. I was unable to sleep; I never slept outside my room and the things my husband told me a while ago was all around my head.

“Can we be friends?”

“Look Cara even I want to start everything from beginning, I have never been in any relationship. I don’t know what to do and how to make you happy, but I want you to be happy. . I don’t know how to make you feel special, but I want you to feel special because you are very special to me. You are going to be one the most important part of my life and I want everything to be natural between us, we have a whole life together so we will never rush and will take everything slowly, enough of Gyan(knowledge) for today, now go to bed and sleep, you look very tired. I will be comfortable on my couch.”

“No no I am good here you are new here and you are my responsibility so I am not going anywhere, you are sleeping on bed and that’s final.”

If he is real I doubt I deserve him but if he is fake then I am dead. I can’t deal with a fake person all my life but do I have a choice? I prayed to God not to make my life hell again and tried to sleep. Still I could not. I remember the first time he came to see me. In the first day he made my papa smile. My dad showing emotions, it’s not so easy. He talked to my mama too, he was so humble. But is it possible he is faking everything? But why will he? Its also his life… why will he fake something he is not, but it’s not impossible either. My papa makes every decision of my family, he arranged my marriage. Since childhood, my mama taught me for a girl the bond of marriage is the most precious thing, he is my husband, whatever he is, now as his wife and daughter in law of this house, I will try to do everything I can, even if he is not real, he gave me space and respected my word. That’s enough for me. I had made up my mind in last few days that, I will not let my new family down. May be being a real wife will be very difficult for me, still I have to let go all those things from past and I have to step in it.

Next morning I woke up at 6am and Sehun was not in room I went to the bathroom and got ready and went outside wearing a yellow maroon silk sari, wearing some gold jewelry along with my man-gal-sutra (nuptial chain) and I was just about to go outside when Sehun entered the room… I greeted him good morning and about to go outside he stopped me.

“You are not wearing Sindur (vermillion).” He pointed.

Oh my God I totally forgot about it. It is symbol of marriage and I should'nt have forgotten it.

“Can I?” Sehun asked me showing the box of vermillion. I let him. I don’t know why but I just did. I used to believe in such adorable things before but Now? I don’t know what do I want? For now I just want to be real with me and I want everything to be normal and true. I can’t tolerate any fake anymore; neither have I wanted to show my weak emotional side to my husband. I don’t even know what is real in him. He looks like an epitome of perfection. But I doubt such a person is real.

“Can I do this every day?” Sehun asked breaking my thoughts.

Is it wrong? He is my husband and he has the right to put sindur in my head. Isn't it cute? Or is he flirting?

“It’s okay if you don’t want to.” Sehun again said breaking my flow of thoughts.

“Umm I will be in the hall, take care and call me when you need something. Just give me a ping I guess you have my number. Or should I text you?” He asked.

“No I have…” was all I could say.

“Okay.” He said and put his hand over my head and pat adorably. I felt like a little kid and surprisingly this feeling was giving me happiness.

Then I went out followed by him. We enter the hall and I touched everyone’s feet. Mom took me to the kitchen and said I was going to make food today. I am not a great cook but I know how to cook.

I asked her what to cook and she told me to make rice pudding first. After I was done, she told me to make our breakfast which I did with a lot of care as I don’t want to disappoint anyone. And thank God everyone liked every dish. Most of the relatives left after having breakfast and only Mom, grand maa and Sehun’s sister were home. Mom asked me to rest and she said she will manage to make lunch with unnie (sister). Still I insisted to stay there and help them, she looked a little happy. It was lunch time but Sehun was not there. Mom said he will be late. I was confused whether to wait for him or to eat already. My mama always waited for papa and eats after he eats. So I asked mom to let me wait for him saying I am not hungry. Mom said nothing and called Sehun to ask him to be right back. I wonder and he really came back in half an hour. They seem to have a good bond with each other. He did not even ask why his mom called him back, he just obeyed. I thought am I doing wrong by doubting him?

After the lunch was over I helped unnie to clean the dishes. Mom and grand mom went their's room to have a rest and Sehun left for office saying he will be back before 8. I went to my room to rest so did unnie. In afternoon I made tea for everyone along with some snacks. I was happy, today everyone were genuinely happy. Then Grand mom asked me to come to her room so I did.

“How is this?” Grand mom showed me a platinum chain with a diamond pendant.

“It’s really beautiful. Simple yet elegant.” I answered sincerely.

“It’s for you.” She said putting it on my neck.

“Do you know who gave it to me to give you?” She asked tightening its lock.

“Umm is it yours?” I asked hesitantly.

“Unfortunately no, it’s not mine, it belongs to you only.” Grand mom said caressing Cara’s head.

“Me? No it’s not mine. I never even saw it before.” I was confused. I have seen all of my jeweleries and there was nothing like this. Even  once I asked my mama to bring me one platinum chain as I prefer platinum over gold but she said my mother-in-law might not like this. Did she send it as a surprise…. This is possible wow!… I never expected mama to do so. But I am happy.

“Actually Sehun bought it when he was 19, with his first salary and told me to keep it until I get his perfect match.”

GRAND MOM’S POV:-

*FLASHBACK*

“Don’t say about it to anyone oldie… I will not talk to you then.” Sehun said pinching his granny’s cheek.

“And what will I get for being a locker for Mr. & Mrs. Oh? Do you think I will do this for free? Where is my pay?” I said keeping my hand on my waist.

“You know how poor I am, don’t you?” Sehun made a cute puppy face with twinkling eyes.

“Which poor brings diamond for his would be wife whom he never knew where she exists…. Be a man! Boy and go ask some girl out, why are you wasting your fun time?” I asked cupping Sehun’s face.

“I really don’t want to… for me love is not making a girlfriend, not going on dates, not having fun, not all those stuff…. I want only one girl in my life forever and that one will be my wife…. And you will choose her for me Oldie.”

“You should be honored Oldie I am giving you such a big responsibility. And about your Pay …. Ummm what will be more precious than such a Gem like grandson? ” Sehun said and kissed my face.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

CARA’S POV :-

“You know Cara, why I choose you for him… because you have a heart that can understand my Sehun’s. You are precious and perfect for my gem like grandson. I am really happy I found you. Sehun is not like other boys, he is different, he never made a girlfriend, he always waited for you to come, he always waited for his wife to be his first love and when I choose you to be his wife I saw his happiness which I have never seen before. May be I am greedy but I want my gem to be happy like that. I know this may sound weird to you but I know you will understand once you will fall for him and when that day will come you will wear this with all your heart, until then keep it with you.” Grand mom said and her eyes were teary. But what is this… that I am feeling I ignored my thought for the time and hugged her not to console her but I want someone to hug me right now.

It’s already a week since I came to this house. I love grand mom the most. Every afternoon both of us enjoy our tea-time with childhood stories of Sehun and Grace unnie ( Sehun's sister). Grandmom says Unnie used to be very chirpy, but due to some reason her marriage did not work out and mom took her back at home, since then she has been more silent and stays inside her room most of the time. But whenever she comes out she treats me like a sister. And mom; Mom is alike my papa. She looks very strict but deep down she is a softie.

Every time Sehun leaves early in the morning and comes around 8 or 9pm. First 3 days he came to have lunch with us, but then he could not make it. Few days back he asked me for forgive him as he is not giving me time… he said he has something really important in office. He asked me if I like movie or stories he can arrange for me. I said its okay. Last night he could not come back and called grand mom to ask me to sleep with her if I feel alone. I told her not to worry because I am used to sleep alone.

I never had any siblings, I have been sleeping alone all the time before meeting my best friends. I used to share a room with them during 5 years of college. After college Arya went for web designing course and she studied 2 years and now she is doing her job in a good company. Misti teaches in school and Claire is doing fashion designing. Before marriage I used to do a job too. Mom asked me to join her company after a month and I was happy that she let me. She was not interested in business so she still run it on her own and I have done MBA so it will be good for me too. Claire stays with Misti still now. And Arya just shifted few months back from them because of her promotion. We met on my wedding last time and I have not chatted with them properly since then. Thinking of them I did not know when I fell asleep. Just then my phone beeped and I jumped seeing Arya’s text. Really telepathy exists.

I went to the door and opened it as soon as possible to find my 3 besties Arya, Misti and Claire. We did a group hug and I welcomed them inside. They greet Mom and she liked them too. I made them sit in my room and Grace unnie also met them, she just smiled and asked me to sit with them and she asked them to have some snacks to which Misti could not deny. Grace unnie and me brought some cookies and chips with coffee. Claire was sitting clam but inside she was dancing with joy seeing her chocolate cookies, indeed they are her soul-mates but she eats them. Unnie left just after few moments. I closed the door after she left and went to sit with the insane morons.

“Tell me everything about your first night; how was it?” Claire asked throwing her chocolate cookies

“yeah yeah me too, I also want to know.” Misti also said jumping with excitement.

“Stop it guys, let her sit first and we know it’s not a normal marriage what do you expect them to do in their first night? I don’t think something can happen.” Arya said dragging me to sit. “Sorry I was so excited so I forgot that.” Misti appologied.

“Me too.” Claire also made a sad pout. “It’s okay… let that.” I hugged both of them. “I thought you will hug me first.” It was Arya’s turn to make a sad pout.

We hugged each other. “But no one will mind, if you will share how was his behavior?” Arya smiled with a mischief. I smiled at her. How can I hide anything from my 3 soul-mates. Also I wanted them to guide me as once I did the worst mistake of my life by not listening to them. So I told them everything after coming to this house and again I told them what I really felt because these creatures were the only friends I have now and I am the real me with them only. I don’t actually open up to every-one. I started “I am not sure how is he, how I see him and his behavior he is someone who never exists. I don’t know if he is real or fake. But he has an honesty in his eyes. I am not able to read his eyes and the old me will dance if she will get someone like Sehun. But now I don’t even want to trust, what if he turns out to be a fake one like…” but Arya interrupted “You promised you will let it go. See Cara I am not sure if he will be fake or true but it’s your fault to compare them.”

“I am not comparing but I can’t trust him so suddenly. Arya I don’t want to go through all the pain again. I don’t want to show him how weak I can be. How miserable I can be. I don’t want him to rule my world.” I drop of tear escaped eyes. Three of them hugged me. “Don’t cry we are here for you now and always will be and don’t think about him as a husband. Think him as a friend for now and let things happen.” Misti said like a mother. Sometimes she behaves like a child, and next moment she is like a mother. She is unbelievable. “Give us update every weird thing, he does. We will take care of him.” Claire added.

“Okay okay guys now let me breath.” I said and three of us laughed in Unisom.

 

SEHUN’ P.O.V

I came home late and it was about 11pm. I know I did wrong. Mom will be angry. But I couldn’t come home abandoning the meeting. I opened the keys of the main door and when I went inside I saw Cara sitting there, no actually sleeping there. She woke up hearing the clicking sound of door.

“Oh you are back. Sorry I was a bit sleepy. Go freshen up I am serving dinner for us.” She said and went inside the kitchen.

I felt happy she waited for me to have dinner. ‘ It will be our first dinner date. But does she feel the same? Is it also a special thing for her that we are having our first dinner with each other only? It’s okay if she is not feeling same. I will make her feel special all my life. I will put efforts till she realizes what her worth is.’ Last few days I was hell busy and finally I finished the project today, if everything goes well it will be a great achievement for our company.

Thinking all these I went to my room and changed into comfortable pajama and t shirt. I went down stairs. There was my angel waiting for our first date. I took sit. She served the food. She was just about to start. “Stop Cara, wait a minute. Can we eat in the balcony seeing night sky?” I asked and she nodded. I took our plate and she brought the water. We sit the balcony again she was about to start I said “cheers” showing my glass of water. She was confused so I explained. “See before today we never had dinner with each other only. So technically it’s our first date. And as we don’t have any other drink to cheer lets cheer with water. Also see how beautiful out date is!” I said showing her moon. And she smiled, it was real.

We finished our dinner. “Let’s go for a walk.” I asked her hoping she will agree. “Are not you tired? You have to go to the office tomorrow. You should sleep I think.” She answered. My face fall down I nod with a sad face. “but I don’t have a problem with a walk if you are agreeing to feed me an ice-cream.” she said and smiled. “I will feed you with 2 ice creams, let’s go.”I said and pull her with her hands. I brought 2 ice creams one for each when returning from walk. We just entered house I saw Grace unnie glaring at us. “Where were you?” she asked me. “Cara save me.” I whispered to her. “Unnie actually I was not feeling well so asked him for a walk.” “You are lucky mom did not see you. If you both plan to go anywhere like any date or something just tell me before going so I will be able to handle everything here.” She said smiling. I miss her smile, when she smiles I felt like heaven.

“May I ask you something if you don’t mind?” Cara asked as soon as we entered our room. “Yeah tell me.” I answered. “Actually I feel there is something wrong with unnie. She don’t look happy, I feel like she misses something more like someone. Is her marriage broke with her will?” Cara asked me. I did not know she cares about her this much and she observed her like this. I did not want to lie her, neither will I. “Everything is wrong with her. How can she smile and live happily when she is staying apart from her love, from her family? Actually unnie was married few years back, but just the 5th day of her married life her husband met an accident and lost his eyes. Unnie’s was also an arrange marriage but they fell in love before marriage. Unnie wanted to stay with him but both of the family never wanted that. Her mother in law called mom and said that she should not spoil her life also her husband signed the divorce paper. My mom was a single parent as we lost our dad when we were small. Being a single parent was tough my mom knew well and she did not want unnie to go through everything she did. So she brought her home without even asking her. No one asked her what she wanted and she never objected knowing no one will listen to her. Its 3 years and some months now and I barely see her smiling. She denied to marry and she still cries at nights watching those divorce papers, she did not sign it still now.” I said and I saw tears in Cara’s eyes. “Hey Cara, why are you crying?” I asked her and she asked “Can’t we do something for her?” with hopeful eyes. “I don’t know.” I answered with sadness reflecting eyes. “Sehun let’s talk to her what does she want. It’s her life and we can’t decide what she will do. I will talk to her tomorrow. Just think how beautiful will she look with her real smile?” Cara asked and I fell in love with her again. That moment was the one I came to know my life can’t be more beautiful than this without a partner like Cara. How beautiful it will be when she will love me back. “Thank you Cara.” I whispered. “Is not she my sister?” Cara said and went to her bed and I fell in love again.

Cara was getting ready. I came from the bathroom wearing my office attire. I wished her good morning and she replied the same. She showed me singur and I remembered I asked her to let me put singur on her head every day. I took the singur and put it on her head. A little amount of singur fell down on her nose. I took a tissue and was just about to erase it, she stopped me saying “don’t…” “but why?”I asked her. “umm actually my mom said not to.” She said and went out. I smiled at her cuteness. After finishing my breakfast I drove to my office. When I went inside my cabin I saw my phone and it had 34 missed calls from an unknown number. I panicked, if one called 34 times, there must be something urgent. I called back and there was a girl on the other side.

“Who is it?” I asked.

“Now you don’t even have my number and you are not even recognizing me.” She said.

“I have a very few females who calls me and I am sure you are neither my mom or my sister nor my Cara. So I don’t think I should remember you.” I answered sternly.

“Who is this ‘my Cara’? I am your special friend from your college.” She said again.

“My Cara is My Cara. Why I will say who is she? And for your kind information I don’t have any female friend from college or university or school. So you can’t be any Miss. Okay let me tell you who my Cara is. My Cara is my wife. Whom I love a lot and … why I am taking to you? ”

“I guess I have your Cara’s number so should I tell her how special is she for you. As your special friend I can at least do this to you.” She said.

“What do you want from me?” I asked as I don’t want her to call Cara at any cost.

“A BIG MEAL…” She answered.

“What???” I asked surprised. Who blackmails you for a meal? I guess now I get it she is Cara’s friend.

“I mean let’s meet during lunch. I will send you the address.” She said and cut the call.

I smiled at her. ‘Now it’s time to know more about My Cara.’ I thought and waited for the lunch time.

I arrived near the zoo, she asked me to come here for lunch. I guess she is weird. I entered the food block where she asked me to come. I went to sit and asked the waiter to bring me a glass of water. The waiter come with a glass of water and a bill of rs.9000/- . a message peeped out. “Sorry I was a little hungry so I eat first. Let’s meet another day. Pay the bill and go home.”

“I don’t think you should treat your Best friend’s husband like this. You best friend will definitely not be happy to hear this. Will she?” I replayed her and she did not replay me. After few moments I saw 2 girls coming towards me. ‘I thought there will be one but there are 2 little demons.’ I thought inside.

“Hi Jiju (brother in law)” they greet me. “Hello foddies.” I greet them back.

“It’s Misti and Claire. But how did you know we are Cara’s friends?” Misti asked me. I smiled at them. They seem like good girls.

“I know magic. So I could see through phone calls.” I joked.

“Okay… now you are thinking we are babies.” Claire rolled her eyes.

“Okay I have a meeting now so I have to go.” I said realizing the time.

“You are not gonna say anything to Cara, right?” Misti asked.

“Let me think about it.” I said and smiled how much they afraid my little one. Actually love is not one feeling it’s a weird mixture. We have fear, affection, care, happiness, sorrow every-thing in this. They love Cara a lot, otherwise who will fear a little skinny girl. I think little one is perfect name for her.

 

I did not say Cara that I am going to call her little one, neither I told her that I met her friends. Days were flying by and everything was just normal, she was still little hesitant from me I could feel that. I knew she needs time to accept it. It was just evening and I was done with my work so I was leaving my office. I went to my car and there were two girls near my car, Misti and Claire. “Jiju hiii” they said in unison. “Hi…” I greet them back.

“We need a fever from you.” Misti asked. “Yeah tell me.” I replied.

“Umm… we want to borrow your wife for a day.” Claire added.

“Umm… I guess she is the person who is at a better place to answer this. But may I ask what are you going do with her?” I asked dramatically.

“Actually it’s her birth day tomorrow, so we wanted… ” they were saying I cut them off. “Wow let’s plan something... count me in girls.”

“I guess you are little busy. It’s okay when we will be done we will let you know to come over.” Claire added. “No way… I am going to do every single arrangement with my own hands. I know work is important but what is the point of doing works if I am not spending my time with my family.” I answered. “You know what my priorities are? To make my family happy. My mom, my sister, my grand maa and my Cara. They are my universe. Off course I love my work but nothing comes before my family.” I added. “Do you have any brother even 10% similar to you?” Misti asked and I knew what her point is. “No I don’t.” I laughed.

CARA’S POV:

“That does not matter unnie… what I want to know is, what do you want?”I asked the 9th time to Grace Unnie in these fifteen days. I can understand her pain. If I can do, I will do anything to save her. I know this marriage is not due to love. Still I married Sehun and came to this house. Now this is my family. And Grace unnie is my sister. I can’t let her suffer like this.

“Alright, I want to be with him. I want him to feel that I love him. I want to be his eyes. But see where I am today? They did not ask me before marriage weather I want to or not, they did not care when I fall for him, that does not matter either. Then why are you asking today? I left him that day, not because I wanted to, but because they wanted it. They never asked me what I want. No one ever did. Before signing the divorce paper even my husband did not bother to ask me what did I want? Listen Cara, I am a no body. I don’t matter. So just ignore me. Now you have a life. Enjoy it today so that you won’t regret tomorrow. From my experience, love is the most beautiful feeling in the universe. Being someone’s other half is not easy. Many people give up. And sometimes your circumstances don’t let you to do the things that you love. Still if you have the chance today don’t let it slip.” Unnie said and was just about to go I held her hand.

“You want to be with him, don’t you?” I asked her.

“My guilt won’t let me.” She answered and left.

‘Is guilt more than the happiness you can found in your love’s face? I know self respect is important but, is it wrong to go after where your heart is? Is it not right to be at the place where you can breathe properly?’ all these thoughts were running inside my mind I hear a knock on the door, it was Sehun.

“Good evening Cara.” He greeted me.

“Good evening. I will make you a coffee.” I said and went out even before he could answer. I went to the kitchen and made coffee for him. I went upstairs and knocked the door. He opened it with a smile. I feel something warm inside my heart. His smile seems so real. But is it? I don’t want to think anything now. I want to be real with him, but I don’t want to like him. But I don’t know if I will be able to resist his affection, I don’t know is it real or just fake. I am confused. I wish I had amnesia. I could forget everything and I could trust people as I used to do. I wish I could trust Sehun. No I wish I could read him internally. I want to know what kind of person is he for real. I just want everything normal.

“Umm Cara…… am I looking that handsome? You are staring me. I feel a bit awkward.” Sehun teased me. I went inside. “Listen Cara… If you are free can we watch a movie?” He asked me with his puppy eyes. I could not deny. “Umm I am free but let me ask mom if she needs something.” I said and went out.

“Go watch movie I will handle here” Grace unnie said and smiled as I went out. I thanked her and went inside to find Sehun arranging couch for me. I started thinking rubbish again. I seriously need to stop it. When I start over thinking I always do one thing, talk to my best friends. I dialed Misti’s number.

“Hiiiii Cara……” Both Misti and Claire yelled.

“Guys thank god you both are there. Let me call Arya then.” I said and dialed Arya’s no. she picked up the call after 2 rings. “Hii Cara, what’s up? You are good right?” She asked. “No I am not good guys. I am over thinking again.” I cried.

“Listen Cara… not everyone is same. Okay let’s try. Just for tonight treat him as your husband. ” Misti suggested.

“Misti are you sure?” Arya asked.

“Yup Arya. Trust me just once. I am having vibes. Let’s do it.” Misti said confidently.

“What if……” I was saying Claire stopped me.

“Just for once stop thinking what if…… … just trust Sehun. I am also having vibes that this time you will not get disappointed. Just trust us.” Claire added.

I agreed and cut the call. So for today I am going to trust everything, every line of Sehun. Today I will not think anything else and will just trust every-thing my sense organs are saying. With this I entered our room. Sehun smiled. His smile is simply beautiful. I went near him, he gave me a pillow. I always put a pillow on my lap whenever I see dramas or movies. How did he know? I was surprised. May be he just gave it casually. He started the movie. I was expecting to watch any rom-com movie as every couple do. But it was AVENGERS END GAME… I always wanted to see this movie, I love avengers. Now this is called surprise.

“I really wanted to see this movie. Thank you.” I said and smiled, but inside I was dancing. I was so happy.

“Ohh god Captain is soooooooooooooooo handsome. See his costume, I love it the most.” I said without even thinking that I am sitting beside my husband. “You are such a kid, little one.” Sehun put his hand on my head and messed my hairs cutely. And my lips automatically curved into a smile unknowingly.

“Umm who is your favorite?” I asked after the movie ended.

“Umm actually Iron man.” Sehun replied.

“I am sorry he died.” I said.

It’s okay, You did not killed him.” Sehun joked.

“Let’s go for a walk.” Sehun asked asking my hand.

“Let me ask Unnie first.” I said and went towards unnie’s room. I knocked her room and she came out.

“How was the movie?” Unnie asked. “Umm good but iron man died.” I replied sadly. “You both watched END GAME? Sehun watched that?” Unnie asked with big eyes fill with unbelief. “Yeah he suggested to watch it.” I answered.

“He did not eat for 2 days when he first saw it. He loves Iron man so much that he cried for hours when he scarified his life.” He watched it again, I can’t believe it.

“Let it. You came for something?” She asked again.

“Umm actually we wanted to go for a walk. Can we go?” I asked hoping she will agree.

“Umm go but don’t make any noise, and call me before you come so that, I will open the back door for you.” Unnie said smiling.

Why did Sehun watched it? I could not understand why he did so? Should I ask him? No I should try to make him forget that.

With all these thoughts I went inside to find Sehun calling someone.

“Okay let me know when you are done. Okay bybye” He said and cut the call.

“Unnie gave permission. Lets go.” I said with a smile.

“Okay wear something comfortable, The dress you want to wear, wear it. No one is going to judge you now. I will be outside. ” He said and went outside.

I wear my blue jeans and a lose red top, I wanted to wear it, but could not, as dad don’t like this type of dresses, I just brought it hoping nothing. I went down and Sehun was standing beside his car, wearing his goggles. He was leaning to his Car and watching me he stood straight. “You are looking gorgeous.” Sehun said, removing his goggles.

“Thank you…” I said smiling.

“Lets go.” Sehun said opening the Car door.

“Sehun are not we going on a walk?” I asked in confusion.

“Yes but not from here. Let’s go for a drive. Wanna drive?” Sehun asked me.

“I don’t know properly.” I said as dad never allowed me to drive but I really wanted to do it. I guess Sehun is my genie. He is fulfilling my every wish today.

“Here is your trainer mam.” Sehun said and bowed. “You are different.” I said and sat on the driver sit.

Sehun gave me instructions and I started driving, I drive pretty well. We parked our near beach. “Let’s walk hear for a moment.” Sehun asked me. “Do you like beaches?”

 

“Yes I love the beach.” I said smiling. He came to my side and open the door for me, such a gentle man. I came out, we went to the sand of the beach. But it was not a crowded beach. It was a lone peaceful beach. We were walking through the sands, water was just touching our feet time to time. My hand touched Sehun’s hand and I wanted to hold his hand. It again touched, again and again our skin rubbed against each other. Like someone is telling us to hold each other. Sehun’s eyes met mine and I saw something I longed to see in my love’s eye, but I never did. It was showing pure love. Love without any want, the type of love I did once, the type of love I always wanted to have in my life. The type of love I always find in my eyes years ago for Kai.

I can’t describe my feelings I used to feel for him. He was my first love. He was my everything. Sehun was not holding my hands, but his eyes said he wanted to. He said before he will never touch me without my permission, is that stopping him from holding my hands. Should I hold his? But am I ready? I don’t know whether I am ready or not, but now I want to hold him. I opened my pinky finger and entered it into his hand then I slipped my ring finger, and I was just about to slip my middle finger into his hand, he turned me around, his eyes were full of tears, he was at the verge of crying. I did not want to see his tears, so I wanted to rub his cheeks, so that he will calm down, I did not know why he was crying, but the moment I touched his cheeks his tears fell down. He hugged me, it was not a bone cracking hug, it was different. He hugged me like I am the only thing he has in this universe. He hugged me like he will not allow anything to harm me, he hugged like he is protecting my body inside his arms. “My dad used to bring me here, I miss him. Can we stay like this for a moment?” He whispered in a slow tone. Even I don’t want to break this moment, I always wanted to have someone, who will think me as his possession. And what I feel now is ‘only love’. I don’t know it is real or not, but I love this moment. I was busy thinking all these things just then Sehun’s phone rang. He broke the hug, I really want to kill the person who just called him. He excused himself from me to take the call. I went near the water, sat there such that the waves were breaking near my feet. The water was cold and clam. I was thinking about everything Sehun did today. Is not he everything I ever wished for? Yes, he is. I never regretted loving Kai, he was my first love and I love the way I used to love him. But he never deserved my love. I never became his priority, but he was my priority. He never saw anything else more important than his carrier. He leaved me for his carrier, without a single thought. And I am still thinking about him, when I am married to a person like Sehun. Today for the first time I wish…. I have not met Kai so that I could love Sehun easily. But I really can’t spoil my life like this. For the first time I want to give love a chance. Yes I am sure… I want to be with Sehun and I want to love him. But I don’t want to start my relationship with a secret. But I can’t explain what Kai was. I really can’t and what if Sehun misunderstood me and then leave? And Kai is never going to come back nor I am stepping -back ever again. So is it necessary to look back into the past? My mind was confused and I was lost in my thoughts so that I did not realize where Sehun was this long. Then suddenly I saw a boat was coming towards me. It was dark and I could not see who was on the boat… I searched for Sehun but he was nowhere to find. I saw the boat, which was just few meters away from me, and it was coming towards me. Who it could be? I stepped back. They were coming towards me and I was going back. Now I was afraid, the speed of wind was increasing. It was like some horror movie. I then start running and I just wanted to see Sehun now. I was running towards the direction opposite to the sea and suddenly I slam with someone. I searched for my phone and the light, I wished this person to be Sehun, but he was not. He was someone I could expect the least. It was CAPTAIN AMERICA. He was under mask and I was just about to pinch myself to see whether I am dreaming to not I felt 3 hands on my arm. I was shivering with fear. My heart beat increased for a moment, I looked towards CAPTAIN with a hope in my eyes. Suddenly the hands turn me around and what I see was beyond my expectation.

“CARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.” The three voice echoed loudly. They were Misti, Arya and Claire. I start throwing punches at them, they scared me to death. Then I suddenly I remembered the person standing behind me. I stopped suddenly and looked back. Suddenly the whole beach lighten, captain knelt down and removed his mask. He had a cake behind him. And he was SEHUN… “Sehunnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I asked with big eyes. “Happy birth day little one.” Was the thing escaped from his mouth.

“See there…” He turned me and pointed towards something. It was my name written inside the water with led bulbs… “CARA”.

“Sehun let’s go home.” I said dragging him.

“Wait Cara… see Cara how beautiful is that?” Sehun said stooping me.

“I don’t want to.” I said sternly.

“Just think how much effort they have spent in it.” Sehun said holding my both arms.

“Then stay here and do whatever you want.” I yelled at him and freed myself from his grip.

I went to the car and went inside. I ignited the engine and started driving. The memory of my past came across my mind… from the very beginning I knew my family will never allow me to do a love marriage and I am going to marry a stranger, but I never disagree with that, from the time I came to know about what a marriage is, I loved the concept and I loved the man I will marry, until someone came into my life who brought new definition of life. He made my life really beautiful and he made me realize that loving someone before marriage is not a sin. That boy was Kai. He made me fall for him like no tomorrow, but I never realized that he had no plan to spend his tomorrows with me. He was a very ambitious person, all he cared was his carrer, his songs, his lyrics, his dreams. I never noticed that when he always described his dreams to me, he never mentioned my name in that. I was not blind in love I could see that he never cared for my feelings with depth. All I was trying that I will love him to the extent where he will be bound to love me back. But I failed, my best friends always told me not to go to the extent where I can never leave the past, but I was so merged in lullaby of our beautiful future that I never really hear them. I used to say, why can’t you think good of him? He will never disappoint me. I had a trust on him which broke into thousand pieces when broke up with me on my birth day. He always wanted to be a pop singer and when he got a chance from k pop, he said he can’t give time for me. Did he ever give me time? Did I ever ask him to? He said he didn’t want a long distance relationship and he has his own reasons. If you don’t have a gut to be with the person whom you love then you don’t have right to play with the person’s feelings. I never understood why I fell for him, why I cried for him and most importantly the worst decision my life I said him that I will wait for him and I did. After he leave he never called me, I called him everyday, but whenever I call him he used to say I am busy now I will call you when I will be free but never did. I never blamed him as I knew he must be busy. I used to call him daily but I could never talk to him like we do. He always hung off on my face. My best friends always tried to stop me from running behind him but I never stopped, my daily calls turned into weekly calls then monthly in the hope that he will miss me and call me or at least talk to me when I will call next time but that never happened, by the time I feel like I am bothering him, I stopped calling him. But I still did not lose hope or gave up until my next birth day when he……..… thinking all these I did not noticed at what speed I was going and I hit a tree straight. Slowly I closed my eyes; I knew my birthdays are not good for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x---------------------------------x--------------------------------------x--------------------------------x

 

 

 

 

 

SEHUN’S POV:-

“May be she is sad about something. You guys mean a lot to her don’t be sad, let’s go home it’s late, I will drop you three.” I said seeing the sadness on their face.

“It’s okay, we will go by ourselves you should go after her.” Arya said.

“Yes, jiju she is now your responsibility.” Claire said smiling.

“But I think she needs some alone time, she is not yet fully comfortable with me and my dear sisters… you also are my responsibility. So now no more arguments lets go.” I said smiling back. I never had a real friend circle I only had a best friend who is my cousin sister Pari, who is now in Korea and I hardly get time to talk to her. I wish Cara’s friends will be able to accept me as I know how much they love her.

“Let’s go jiju.” Misti said walking ahead.

I dropped Misti and Claire at their hostel first after that only Arya and I was left in the car. She was silent and I felt like she is still not comfortable. “What’s bothering you?” I asked her.

“No nothing. I am just feeling tired from work that’s all.” Arya answered.

“Umm… okay then take some rest, you will be fine. But if there is anything else you can tell me.” I asked as I knew she was thinking about Cara.

“Actually I feel like something bad is going to happen.” Arya said and somehow I could relate. I did not want them to get tensed so I did not said anything, but my anxiety speed up as also Arya said those words.

“Should I call her?” I asked her to which she replied that she doesn’t talk to anyone when she is angry at someone and one of her deadliest weapon is her silent treatment. “Still we can try.” I said and dialed her number but she did not pick up. I dialed again still no answer. “Let’s give her some time and I will talk to her tomorrow.” Arya said to which I nod. “Did anything bad happen? I never saw her like this before.” I asked stopping the car in front of her colony gate. “I don’t think I am at the place to tell that. Cara doesn’t open up easily give her time. And try not to hurt her she has had enough.” Arya said unblocking her seat belt. “I can’t wait all my life for her and I promise I will never hurt her. She is one of the best possessions of my life.” I was saying just then my phone rang showing the caller id Cara. I immediately pick up but from the other side a lady answered but was not Cara, it was Grace. “Come to city hospital Sehun as soon as possible we are here with Cara.” She said and hung up. I dialed her number again and now my voice was shaking as I never expected that bad feelings would turn out like this and Arya also had a fear on her face.

  1. pick up after two rings. “Why are you there in Hospital and why are you talking with her phone?” I asked in one breath. “I can’t talk in phone now and Cara is in OT so reach here as soon as you can and please be safe.” She said and hung up again. Tears find their way down and now I really care a little I am standing with her friend. “You are scaring me Sehun please say she is okay.”Arya asked and her eyes too were full of pain. “She is not and I am the reason she is in operation theater. I should not have let her go alone. There should be me not her.” I said and banged my hand on the steering. “First clam down none was your fault we never expected that matter will still can hurt her.” Arya said and line like a whisper. “I have to be there Arya I am sorry I broke the promise not to hurt her… I am really sorry.” My emotions were not in my control and I just want to see my Cara’s smile. “Please bring me too. Arya asked like pleading and I started the engine of Arya’s car.” All I could see Cara’s eyes. And I was shaking I did not even realize I was having a panic attack. I could not even drive and my breathing was not normal. I stopped the Car as I could not drive. Arya could see the uneasy in my behavior. I cursed myself for having an attack at this time. I need to drive to hospital where Cara is. “Please clam down Sehun you need to be strong she must be okay and please let me drive.” I was not myself I let her drive and the drive was silent still I felt very heavy and now seeing Cara was more important for me than breathing. That was the moment I have fallen for this girl very deep much more than I expected. Arya parked the Car and I ran to the Hospital and she followed me. My heart was beating uncontrollably. I asked the reception about Cara’s where about. I started panicking again just when she said she is still in Operation Theater. My hands and feet started sweating and my heart beat was becoming more abnormal. My vision started to blur with tears but I knew this is not the place to panic. I tried to control my emotions and went towards the OT. Unnie was sitting there. rushed towards me and hugged me. “She was bleeding like hell, her right hand is broken and her head is injured. Promise me Sehun even if anything big happens you will stay with her you will not run away from her like I did. Even if mom insist you will never… please promise me. I will stay with you.” She was crying by now. “I can’’’’ttt ev…e..n thi….nk of le a v in g he rr . I can’t ev en se e he r cr yin g. I c an’t I ju st can ’t. I don’t kn ow u nn ie whe n s he be ca me m y every-thing. Bu t n ow she is. is my life now.” I said between sobs. Arya brought a bottle of water for us. About two more hours doctors came out of OT. “How is she doctor?” I asked hoping for him to say something good. “Her right hand is broken at two places and her internal bleeding has stopped. Operation was almost successful but for more results we have to run some tests on her after she gains her consciousness.” Doctor said. “Can we meet her?” I asked again. “Please let her rest now you can meet her when she is awake.” “Please doctor just once I will not disturb her I will just sit there until she wakes up. Please doctor please.”I requested and tears were forming at the corner of my eyes. “Okay but no one else. Let us shift her from OT and you can sit there.” Doctor said and smiled as he went inside the OT again. “I will call cabs, they will drop you two…” I said seeing that it was already 4 in the morning. “I am not going anywhere, Misti and Claire are also coming I just informed them now. We will stay here until she wakes up. Please.” Arya said leaving room her no arguments. “Unnie at least you go home and rest sometime. I will let you know if something I need.” I said and she agreed. I called the cab and she left. Just then Misti and Claire reached. “How is she?” Misti asked with eyes full of tears. “Out of danger now. I will go inside. Arya at least you go home and freshen up. You were all night.” I said again. “So as you.” said Arya and again continued. “Don’t worry about me. There is nothing in this world more precious than the bond we shared.” Now she too had teary eyes and Misti and Claire hugged her.

I went inside there was my Cara lying on a bed with eyes closed. She still had spots showing how much she has bleed. Her head was covered with white bandage and her hand was plastered. I failed to protect her, my guilt was eating me. I softly pressed a kiss on her fore head and sit near her. I was looking at her thin body. I just want to hide her somewhere that the cruel world would not be able to find her. I just want her to be happy. I want her to smile widely. I want to be her healer, her protection, her dairy. I could not ask more as god gifted me Cara. Sometimes I wonder I deserve her? Now I just want her to open her eyes and look at me. The depth her eyes possess I could never measure, but I want to. I want to be the man she could depend on. I was looking at her sleeping figure just then I raelised she slightly blinked her eyes. I ran to the doctor to call him and he asked me to wait outside. Arya, Misti and Claire were standing there with hopes in their eyes. I saw my watch to realize that it was already noon. And I was amazed to see the love and care they have for my Cara. Doctor came outside to inform us that she is awake and we can meet her. “Go meet her.” I said to the trio as I knew that is all they wanted now. I badly wanted to meet her and held her in my arms but I knew she will be happier to see her best friends than to see me.

CARA’S POV:-

My whole body was aching with pain when I opened my eye to find myself on a white bed. I remembered what just happened before that accident. I regret how I behaved that way. What am I going to explain Sehun? What if he asks about why I react that way? I can’t lie to him. But am I ever going to keep Kai inside my thoughts? I should not have done that, my best friends put a lot of efforts in order to arrange everything. And Sehun! He even dressed as Captain America for me. Is not a thing I ever asked for? People who loves you and more importantly whom you loved will put efforts to make you smile. Kai was my past but why still he affects my present? I don’t want Sehun to feel the way I used to feel ‘UNWANTED….’ I don’t know what Sehun feels for me. It’s not even a month we have known each other.

“Did you ever try to know?” Arya said from the door.

“Was I saying that aloud?” I grasped.

“Yes you did.” Claire chuckled.

“I am sorry guys. I was furious and….” I tried explaining.

“What are you sorry for? For bringing back your past on your future? For driving recklessly? Or for letting us wait this long just to wake up from your sweet dreams? Huh??? ” Misti asked faking a smile as I know they are hurt.

“We almost lost you? Do you understand what does that mean? Can you imagine how your husband was suppressing his anxiety attacks? He could not even drive. And you are still thinking about Kai?” Arya had tears by then, she never cries it was tearing my heart how much I hurt the persons who really cares for me.

“Is he okay now? Why was he having attacks?” I asked and somewhere deep inside my heart I wanted to hear that he was tensed about me. But I don’t want a person like Sehun to fall for me when I am unsure that I can reciprocate those feelings.

“He is fine now, he did not even sit during your operation, all he was doing was praying with teary eyes. After your operation, when you were unconscious, he was sitting with you all the time without even taking a glass of water. Cara you are with a right man now. Don’t let that past hunt you anymore. You deserve to be happy and here is your happiness.” Arya said showing towards the door.

“We know this is not easy for you but you have to let go. You can atleast try to give Sehun a chance. He deserves to be happy.” Misti said holding my left hand.

“What am I going to explain?” I asked and now my eyes you too distorted with tears. “Just be honest with him.” Claire said giving me a smile.

“Sehun wanted to be someone’s first love from his childhood, he never been in love as he wanted to give that first love place to his wife only. Kai… K..ai.. is not going to come back neither I will let him ever, he is out of my life permanently. I don’t want to scatter Sehun’s wish for a non existence thing.” I said after a pause.

“Then you are willing to give your heart a chance.” Arya smiled now.

“At least I can try.” I smiled back.

“Then promise from now on you will not hide your feelings, not lock your heart, from now on you will smile like you used to.” Misti asked with a hope.

“I don’t know if I can became the past Cara, but I will try to be honest with my heart. You know at the beach before you guys come I was willingly hold his hands and when I looked into his eyes, it was deep, full of love. Only pure love.” By now I was smiling.

“I guess we should give you two some space. We will be outside.” Claire said and they went outside bidding me a bye.

I don’t know I should have done this before or not, but if not yesterday, then today. After loving Kai, I never craved for love from anyone else I never thought of that even. But for some unknown reason now my heart is craving for Sehun’s love. I don’t fear love any more. I want to give it a chance.

Sehun opened the door of the room slowly. His eyes were clam, red, swollen! Did he cry for me? I thought inside.

“I am sorry.” Sehun said and I wonder why he was ‘sorry’? He did not do anything wrong, did he?

“Umm… Sehun why are you sorry?” I asked with questioning eyes.

“For being a irresponsible person for whom you are here, I should not have let you go alone. You are my responsibility Cara and I can’t … can’t just afford to lose you.” He was trying hard to suppress his tears.

“Can I hug you?” I asked unsure of what I just did.

Sehun carefully held me inside his huge arms and it was not like any hug it was like Sehun was trying to protect me from everything. I whispered in his ear “None of these were you fault Sehun.”

“You are too little. It’s like you are made for my arms.”Sehun whispered but I was able to hear it so I just smiled.

“I want to celebrate my b day.” I said breaking our hug and looking into his eyes to find answer. “Sure little one.” Sehun said and I just found the eyes I was looking for.

Sehun went out to call my bffs to inform them about my wish. Four of the most important person of my personal universe were around me and I could not ask more than this. Let’s take a photo. Misti said adding cherry to the desert. Just when we were going to take picture phone in Sehun’s hand rang showing caller id Mr. Oh Sehun… I notice Sehun’s face look little sad, might be he did not like that I had saved his name so formally. I wonder what he had saved my name as? He pick up the call. “Hello Unnie, yes she woke up. Don’t stress much sorry I forget to call you, yeah I am really sorry. Yes she is here… mom wanna talk? Okay I will pass her. ” saying it he put the call on loud speaker. “Hello mom Namaste.” I greeted her. “You could have say no to the marriage, why did you marry my son to spoil his life and with whom you were running at the middle of night, wearing those ty dress?” I jerked with her words, I could not even compose what she was saying. Before I could say something Sehun took it from me and screamed “MOMMMMMMMMM…”

“How can you talk like that with her? I can hear anything but not any bad remarks about my wife. She was with me, you can ask unnie I took her because today is her birth day and we went to spend some quality time, and about that dress, I gifted her that because it is none of her fault. She was learning to drive when her accident happened. She was not running with anyone and you don’t have any right to accuse my wife without any reason.” He said little less loudly but was enough to hurt someone. With this he cut the call and went outside after throwing the phone. I was shocked with his words “I know whatever he did he did it for me, but fighting for me with his family would be the last thing I want him to do, because I know what mom has endured after dad’s death and how she brought up Sehun and Grace Unnie. I know she is not a bad person, but she had some orthodox values, my Mama had told me before. She is as same as my Papa. Most importantly I know that Sehun never said a word against her will and today for me he screamed at her. I felt blessed when I saw the possessiveness in his voice and the care for my dignity that he could speak over his mom, but I am sad because I feel guilty. I am sure every word he said to mom would have hurt her but that would have hurt Sehun 10 times more. “Why don’t you call Unnie and talk to her, by then we will cheer sehun, what’s say?” Misti sugeested reading my thoughts and they went out to find Sehun and I dialed Unnie’s number. “Unnie, I am sorry for Sehun’s words. He did not mean to hurt mom.”I explained… “But he did.” I finished with a sad tone. “I know he hurt her, but she was not right. She could have asked you, but she direct blamed you, how could Sehun let her wife lose her dignity?” Unnie answered. “But what’s gone is gone, I don’t know how sad mom will be now, we need to apologize to her.” “Here, talk to Grand maa she want to talk to you?” Unnie answered. “How are you my child? Come home beta I am already missing you.” She said with a lot of affection. “I miss you too and I also don’t like to stay here, I hate hospitals. But for my recklessness I have to stay here for few more days.” I answered. “Take rest beta and don’t worry about your MOM, I am her MOM and I know very well how to make her happy. Beta she also loves you but she is little possessive towards her reputation because she is the one who make it and she can’t easily take it when people talk. One of her friend’s son found you in that state and immediately took you to the hospital and informed her, she went even without changing her home wear in order to see you with Grace. But when she hear peole talking about you that- what you were doing at this time alone in a car heading out of town and they laughed at her when they found you in that western dress. Don’t misunderstand her beta.” Grand maa explained. “She too care about you, but she never shows her emotions, its not her fault beta, she has had enough of emotional pains… now she fear to express them.” She said again. “Hmmm… I understand grandma.” I said and just then Sehun entered the room, but still his eyes were moist. “Sehun talk to Grand maa.” I passed phone to him.

SEHUN’S POV:-

I never talked to mom like that ever, but I could not take it when she accused Cara for no reason… when I married her I vowed to protect her dignity and this time mom was wrong. But I should not have talk to her that way. I could have talk to her little softly. But I could not just take it how she talked to her.

“Jiju…” Claire called from me from behind. “Does she need something?” I asked wiping my expressions. “Yup, she needs you.” Misti said. “Why? What happened?” I asked not understanding what they meant.

“Are you guilty for talking to aunty like this?” Arya asked and I nodded silently.

“And I am sure standing here with a guilt on your face will not solve anything, will it?” she asked again and I was shocked with her straight forwardness. “Cara is talking with Grace unnie, go talk to your family.” Claire said. “Yes jiju communication always solves everything. You know what we are friends from our high school, there were times when we hurt each-other unintentionally, but you know what make us still together? Its communication. I think it is the best way to clarify the all misunderstandings. They are your family, who else can understand you better than them? What you need to do is sit with a clam mind and speak-out your heart.” She finished with a sigh. And I was amazed how a girl is full package of entertainment and maturity. “Let’s go inside Cara is alone.” I said with a smile. “We are going to pick up uncle and aunty from air port and will be back with some necessary things that Cara will need. You go in first.” Arya said and three of them left. I was at the door of her room and I heard everything she was saying on phone. I felt blessed. I wonder how she could manage to think like that for the one who just accused her. I went inside and she said that Grand-maa want to talk to me. “Hi Oldy… How is mom.” I asked. “You don’t have to be worried about my child all you need to care about one person now and she is would be mother of your child.” I blushed and Cara was looking at me with an amused look. I talked to her for few more time and cut the call. “What made you blush?” Cara asked. “Umm that’s nothing. You don’t need to know.”I smiled sheepishly. “But I want to.” She said looking at my eyes. “She was talking about our child and all.” I could not lie to her mesmerizing eyes. She broke the eye contact and was little bit uncomfortable. “Cara I will never touch you without your will, you can trust me.” I said to which she replayed “I trust you Sehun.” instantly. “Okay now get some sleep.”I said and she nodded. I helped her to lie down properly and she closed her eyes. I took the stool near her bed and sat there. I did not even realize for how long I have been watching her. I never admire her beauty with this little distance. Even in this pain, she had a smile on her face, while talking to her friends or my Oldy. I wonder if she will be comfortable with me as she is with her bffs. I know its not even a month we are married and I am rushing things, but still I want to hold her hand in public just not for show up but with the same feeling with which we held it at the beach. That moment was complete bliss. In our marriage it was her first move towards our relationship. Today I discovered a new thing in Cara that she puts family before herself. For me this quality is the rarest quality in today’s daughter in laws. I love her everything, every single things. And day by day I am falling deep for her. And the best part about our story is I am allowed to fall for her as deep as I want. The best thing about arranged marriage is ‘you already have the one you are falling for, you don’t have to convince parents, you don’t have to fight with your family, you are allowed to do romance, you don’t fear society, in an arranged marriage what you care about is only your partner’s feelings without being distracted by family pressure, social issues and all.’

My thoughts came to a halt when I heard a knock on the door. I went to the door to open it. Papa and Mama were standing with Arya, Misti and Claire. Mama’s eyes were swollen and Papa had a sad expression in his eyes. Mama rushed to the bed to see Cara followed by Papa. She softly kissed her closed eyes and Cara slowly opened them. “Don’t cry Mama I am okay.” she said softly. “If this is called okay then…” she was saying just then papa interrupted. “Don’t start over here let her rest.” “Mama papa you must have tired, please rest sometime. I am here with Cara.”I said to which Mama said a straight no. “It’s okay beta we are not that tired.” Papa answered. “Jiju you should go home you are here since the accident.” Misti said. “I am not going anywhere, what if Cara needs something?” “Then we are here please go and take bath you are smelling.” Claire teased. “Ahhh” I was shocked. “She is kidding, but you should visit Aunty.” Arya said. “Then I will drop you first, you are here since yesterday.” “Yeah Arya beta go have some rest. You can come tomorrow again.” Mama said her. “But aunty…” Arya said her. “Please beta.” Mama said leaving room for no arguments.

Me and Arya were at the parking lot she said “Just drop me at the bus stop I will take the bus, you can take my car, your car is in garage.” “Nope I am driving you home.” I protested. “Its opposite to your house and I will manage.” She said again. Just I was about to reply a familiar voice called me. “Heyyy hun!!!” I turned back to see one of the favorite person of my world. “Hey yang!” I said and we hugged each other. “Long time no see man!” he said and I nodded. “meet my sister in law…Arya. And Arya he is my pal Dr. Yang.” I introduced them. “Hello beautiful! ” he said to which Arya replied “You get in wrong it’s A for Arya.” I smiled and he hit my arm. “So how are you here?”I asked him “ Just got posted here last Monday.” “Umm where are you going?” he asked.

“I will drop Arya at New colony then I will go to home.” “But that will be opposite to your rout.” Yang said and Arya replied “Exactly.” “But that’s okay, I can’t let her go alone.” I protested again. “I can drop her I am going to see a flat there and it will not add any pressure to me. Is that okay Ms Arya? ”yang asked and she nodded. “Okay then, but give me a call when you are home Arya.” I said and went to her Car. “Don’t worry I am not gonna kidnap her.” He yelled and I ignored him.

I reached home and press the bell. Unnie opened the door. “Mom?” I asked.

“In granny’s room.” She showed.

“Give me a small plate and a spoon.” I said and she brought. I opened the packet in my hand and put the cheese cake in it and went inside Granny’s room.

I knocked the door and there my mom was sleeping on granny’s lap. These two were very close since the start. “Mom!” I whispered and she ignored me. “I am sorry Mom.” I said again but she still did not react. “Mom… during pheras I vowed that I will protect her dignity then how could I let her listen those accuses where she was not wrong at all. I know the way I talked to you was totally wrong. You can punish me as you want but please don’t ignore me. I can’t see you like this Mom.” I knelt down. She sat down and said “Tell her maa I am not going to talk to him. And ask him how irresponsible is he? How can he leave her there? Even Grace is at home.” She asked furiously. “She is with her Mom dad and even her 2 friends are with her.” I said and she sighed. “Mom please eat some.”I showed her the plate and a smile was starting to form in her eyes she recoved. “My sugar level is high.” She said. “It’s sugar free.” I answered. “Put it here and go rest you must be tired.” Oldy said and I did so.

THIRD PERSON’S POV:-

“Maa don’t you think Sehun is better than good?”Sehun’s mom asked her mother in law. “Yes my hun is best and Cara is best for him, you know what when sehun cut the call Cara recalled me to say sorry, she tried to make me undertand that Sehun was angry and he did not have any intension to hurt me? That child did not want me to misunderstand my hun. Is not she perfect for our baby?” Granny was saying just then her phone rang showing the caller id Cara. “She will live long.” saying this she put the phone on loud speaker. “Hello beta, how are feeling?” Granny asked. “I am better grand maa. How is mom? Is she still sad?” Cara asked in one breath. “She is good now, she is resting in her room. Do you want me to give her phone.” the old woman asked. “No no, let her rest. Did you take medicine?” Cara asked. “Yup I had it after lunch.” She answered.

 

“Sehun reached?” she asked hesitantly. “Yup he is in his room now.” Granny smiled. “Did he tried to talk to mom? Actually it’s my first time when I saw him angry and I don’t know what to do. May be he was tired here he have not slept at all. Don’t let him come tonight. Let him sleep there.” Cara said slowly.

“Oldy I am going.” Sehun said from the door. “Here he is already ready to go.” Granny smiled at Cara. “Talk to your wife.” She gave the phone to Sehun.

CARA’S POV:-

I was talking to grand-maa. She said Sehun is already ready to come here. Is he a machine? “Talk to your wife.” She said and gave him the phone. “you are not coming here.” I said with fake rude tone. “Mama Papa must have tried and Misti and Claire can’t stay there over night they must have work tomorrow. I can’t let you stay there alone.” He said and I was stunned to see how caring is he and how he can think about each and every one expect him-self? “But you must have work tomorrow and you are not a machine you don’t have to take all the burdens on your head.” I was worried about him. “First of all neither you nor Mama Papa or Misti and Claire are burdens on me. You all are my family. I am bringing some clothes of yours and dinner for all I will be there in an hour okay?” He asked softly. “Hmm” I had tears in eyes and I did not want him to know that I am weak. “Cara don’t ever dare to think you are some burden to me, you are my responsibility and in the list of priorities, you come first.” He said and I could not control my tears. It’s beautiful to hear that I am someone’s priority. I bid a quick bye and hung up just then I realize Mama was watching me from the corner of door. I wiped my tears, I hate it when people see me crying.

“It’s okay to shed happy tears for the right person.” Mama said wiping her tears which were coming from the corner of her eyes. “Mama I was not crying, just something went into my eyes.” I protested. “I should have taught you how to lie.” She smiled.

“I know you beta and I know you can make anyone fall for you because of your goodness. I don’t know what happened then but I heard you crying every night, I know you loved that boy so deeply. Even if your dad was against love marriage I would have convinced him, if that guy was a deserving one. From the very beginning I knew you deserve someone better. Because I only see ‘how to make him happy’ tension when ‘I am happy with him’ was always missing in your eyes. Beta I know from the start you had a special place for your love life and I know you can do everything to make someone happy, you once start loving. Beta don’t force yourself, I know you are a fighter but stop fighting with yourself, you are just draining your own energy, I know it will be hard to forget your first love for whom you fought for 5 years, but beta you have a family now it’s the time to let go. Sehun is a gem, even if he is taking 99 steps to build your relationship, the last step should be yours. An arrange marriage is like soil in which one need to sow the seed of love. It will grow with time which needs mutual efforts. Trusting each-other is like the moisture which enable the seed coat to soften and it let each-other open up. Clear communication and mutual understanding work as air which gives it a lively atmosphere. When this sapling grows it needs to get protected from the evil and it needs courage, you know from where that courage comes? It comes from the will that no matter what, you need to protect your partner. Sometimes you need to be the source of energy for each other just like the sunshine for the small plant. Can one person give all the efforts? Do you know why soil is important? To give the love its existence, with the soil of marriage the love becomes eternal.

You know beta, in case of a love marriage the ultimate goal of the couple is to fight against the universe and become each others for ever. In simple words the love birds’ goal is to marry. But in arrange marriage you already have each other’s presence still you will find the way to be one another’s. Your ultimate goal is to take care of the love tree which will never stop growing. Trees grow till they die, is not it?” Mama said and I found another definition of marriage as well as life. I hugged her just then there was a knock on the door, it was my husband Sehun. It was the first time I addressed him as that and it felt good. I never told mom about Kai, I never knew she could read my eyes. I am finally stepping into my married life after 24 days of my marriage.

“Where is Papa and girls?” Sehun asked first as he entered the room. “They are at the attic.” Mama answered. “Oh okay…” He said and called someone and went out. After few moments he came back with Papa, Misti and Claire. “Aunty let’s go.” Claire said. “Where?” Mama asked with a shocked voice. “Mama I have booked the hotel for you two and taxi is standing there to pick you up.”

“Who is going? At least I am not.” She protested like a child. “Understand Aunty… lets go. We are also going and will come tomorrow.” Misti said and pulled her outside. I wonder how Sehun manage to convince dad. Sehun went to see them off.

“So you think you are machine hum?” I asked when he entered the room. “HUH? Me?” He asked in confusion. “No I was talking to that A.C.” I replied.

“For sure it is a machine.” Sehun joked and I laughed. “You should laugh often, you look better.”He commented and I just rolled my eyes playfully.

“So let’s have our second dinner date?” Sehun asked and I gasped. “You did not eat at home?” I asked with confusion. “Nope, I brought Tiffin for everyone I gave them there as I know papa doesn’t like outside food and Misti and Claire will like homemade food and this Tiffin is for us. I am hungry as hell! let’s eat.” He said and opened the Tiffin to reveal porridge. “Where is your meal?” I asked. “Will you eat all these?” he asked with big eyes. “Why will you eat porridge?” I asked. “Because I want to...” He said and put it in the bowl. “Porridge for every-one!” Papa will not eat it.” I said and laughed remembering papa’s reaction whenever he sees porridge. “Not for everyone just for you and me, for our date. That’s why I will eat what you will eat and you can’t eat heavy food now so we will have the pedigree date for today. Now open your mouth.” He said showing me spoonful of it.

 

 

 

“That’s like a good girl.” He said while I finished my portion. He softly wiped my mouth with tissue and took the dishes to the sink as he was also done eating. Then he gave me my medicines and told me to close eyes. “I am not sleepy.” I said softly after closing my eyes for few seconds. “But you need sleep little one.” Sehun said with a gentle smile. “Sehun, you wanna ask me anything about that day?” I asked but really did not knew what to answer and how to, but I don’t want to keep him in dark. “well from the way you react I know it is not something you are comfortable with also you are not in a comfortable state to tell me, so leave it for now. If you want to answer me something, do tell me, ummmmm…… your bucket list.” Sehun answered and I thanked him in my mind for not asking it. “Tbh I don’t have any bucket list. But I want to work, I want to go on adventures, I want to be with my besties on night outs, I want to make everyone proud whom I love, especially Papa.” I was saying and Sehun was looking at me with a wide smile. “And I am okay without it too.” I smiled back. “Little one, from now on whatever you wish is also my wish. So now you can dream whatever you want and just ask me to fulfill it, I am okay with doing everything to keep that smile of yours.” Sehun said and I was wondering if everything happening with me is real. I don’t want it to be a dream from which I will wake up and Sehun will disappear with no trace. “What do you expect from your wife?” I asked because I wanted to become a good wife one day. “Well I will tell that to my wife personally. It’s not a thing to discuss with my friend.” Sehun said with a smirk and I did not know how to react so I just close my eyes saying “Now I am sleepy.”

Next morning when I woke up Sehun was not any-where in view and I needed to go to the bath room. I tried to get up by myself but I could not as my back was aching uncontrollably. I was just about to fell down when Arya’s hand caught me. “Are you any supper woman? Hmm….???” She was furious. “Scold me later first take me to the bath room, I don’t wanna pee here.”

Arya took me to the bath room and I finished my business. She helped me to bath and change clothes. Then she gave me medicines and went to bring my food to the table nearby. “umm… Arya where is Sehun?” I asked her when she came with a bowl of porridge. “missing already, hmm???” she teased me. “Tell na….” I asked blushing a little. “He went to his office and said will come back in afternoon.” Arya smiled. “Did he eat?” I asked to which Arya answered “yes, he ate some porridge saying his stomach is upset.” “What his stomach is upset, he did not even tell me, can you hand me my phone?” I asked and she did. I dialed his number and with two rings he answered my call. “Good morning little one” He said chirpily. “Why did not you tell me your stomach is upset?” I asked trying to be furious. “Yes…umm… stomach, yeah.. wait what stomach, my stomach, it even became upset, wow I did not know. Let me ask, dear stomach are you upset? Well it is not upset, I just asked.” He said and I was smiling like an insane by now on his child like behavior. “So ask MR. Stomach, why did he eat porridge?” I asked smiling and he answered that “Did not I told you I will eat whatever you will eat.” “ What the hell, why?? You don’t need to do that you will be working and you need energy, and I am sleeping here, do you understand? And one more thing…. I will be upset if you will eat porridge in your lunch.” I said I really was sad why he need to do that, it was not needed. “I promise I will not eat porridge as lunch, I brought some fruits and juices lol…” He said and cut the call. Arya had a question mark on her face so I tell her everything to which she smiled and said “I am happy for you…” “But I am not happy at all because now I have to eat cold porridge.”

Arya stayed with me till Mama Papa came they stayed with me till afternoon and Unnie had brought lunch for us and she was with me too, in after noon Sehun came back and told them to leave it was evening. “Are you angry at me little one?” He asked and I wondered why would I be? Then I remember all porridge thing. “No I am not, but I will be happy if you will eat normally, I know I am no one to control what you should do or not, but I don’t feel good…” I said and immediately Sehun’s face color changed. “You think you are no one to me?” He said and his eyes made me uncomfortable. “Cara for me you matter a lot.” He said taking my hand in his. “From the moment you came in my life.”

He was saying as his eyes became glassy. “Why??” I asked as my eyes resemble some unknown pain… “ Why do you care for me that much? I did not do a single special thing for you… I never did.” I said as I almost cried. He came near me , he slowly made the bed flat to made me sleep from sitting… his lips came near me… my heart started beating and I closed my eyes, ‘Is he going to kiss me? How am I going to react if he does…’ All my thoughts came to a halt as I find him talking my...................

 

 

 

AN CLIFFHANGER........NEXT UPDATE WILL NOT BE LATE..........