Good-bye

Yunho Goes to the Army

April 18th, 2:07 A.M.

“Soldiers! Up and at attention!”

The roommates of Sector 1 all stirred awake, used to being woken up early by now. Over the past week, there had been 17 false alarms, and the soldiers were slightly tired of it. Nevertheless, they couldn’t disobey the Lieutenant, so they quickly got up and stood in formation.

“Men, I hope you all are ready for the time of your lives,” the Lieutenant, Jung Jihoon, stated with a smirk on his face. “We’re going to the 38th parallel in one hour, so prepare yourselves, gentleman. Hell is about to break loose.” With that, the Lieutenant rushed away, needing to also get himself ready.

As one of the leading soldiers, Yunho looked over everyone as they got ready, already prepared himself. He had been ready the day North Korea declared war against them, and now, it paid off for being smart.

After being sure everyone was ready, Yunho sat down with a pen and paper, seeing how he had half an hour left before they all left. He was going to write Jaejoong a letter—hopefully not his last.

 

My Beautiful BooJae,

          I love you, Jaejoong. You know that, right? I promised I’d always be there for you no matter what, and I always will be. But now, I don’t know if it’ll always be in flesh and blood.

          Take care of yourself, baby, and keep in mind that I’ll come home one day~! Remember that promise I made? Keep thinking of all kinds of ways to put it into action. I’m excited for it.

          If I do come home, I’ll spend all of my time with you, and we can do whatever you want. I promise, yeobo.

          In a serious matter, we have to go into war now. They probably won’t announce it until a few days later, after we’re all stationed at the 38th parallel. We have to leave in about twenty minutes, so I have to finish this quickly.

          If I don’t come back, find yourself a lover who will take care of you like I do and treat you like royalty. Make sure he’s faithful, strong, caring, and doesn’t look like me. I don’t want you to remember me if I do die… So you won’t be so sad when you look at him and think of me.

          Well, BooJae, it’s time for me to go. Please, live happily while I’m gone, and pray that I’ll come back alive. I love you with all my heart. Good-bye.

Love eternally,

Yunnie

          With his final words, Yunho folded the paper neatly, slipped it into the envelope, wrote the address on it, and gave it to the messenger, who immediately took off. That’s what he liked about the mail service at the military base: the mail always got there fast.

          “Alright, men! Grab your and let’s go!” Jihoon yelled.

          “Yes, sir!” the soldiers yelled back, grabbing their bags, vests, and guns and heading out the door. Yunho was the last to go, Jaejoong still on his mind.

          Mumbling to himself, going out that door with a knot in his stomach and stone in his heart, his final words for the day were, “Please don’t forget about me, Jaejoong…”

~~~

A/N: My subscribers... I love you gusy. ;A; I shot up from 33 to 40 in two days. You have no idea how happy I am. :'D *YunJae kisses for you all*

I almost cried writing this. Dx I hope you all enjoyed it, though. :*

Until next chapter~ x3

Chu~ ♥