Strange

Yunho Goes to the Army

May 12th, 3:00 P.M.

          “I’m a .”

          “What? No, you’re not.”

          “Yes, I am!”

          “No, you’re not!”

          “How do you know?”

          “Because Yunho loved you, and I’m sure he’d never love a .”

          Jaejoong looked away at his friend’s confession, ashamed. That was then. This was now. “Well, if he were still alive, he’d hate me.”

          “Why, Jae hyung?” Junsu quizzed.

          “Because…” Jaejoong bit his lower lip, scared to tell Junsu what he had done, even though he knew Junsu would forgive him and make him happier like the best friend he was.

        In as quiet a voice as possible, Jaejoong muttered, “I slept with Changmin…”

          The latter could hardly hear the man’s confession, but once it reached his ears, he gasped, covering his mouth. “W-what? When?”

          “Two days ago. I was drunk, and I can’t even remember what I did. Changmin was sober, though, and he told me everything that happened… I was a these past two days. I want to take it back, but I can’t.” He wiped the tear that escaped his eyes.

          With all the depression overtaking him, Jaejoong had been eating less and less, and he was extremely dehydrated, his body slim and his lips cracked. Junsu could tell his best friend was suffering, but he didn’t know how to fix it, and he didn’t even know if he wanted to go into that area with him. He might just make it worse.

        “Jaejoong hyung, you’re independent, smart, beautiful, and extremely lucky. You’re not a , even though every man in the town may want you. So what you slept with Changmin? There are people that sleep with ten people in one night, both genders—and they don’t even know the people! You know Changmin. You’re not a . Besides, you technically aren’t married anymore…”

          Both Jaejoong and Junsu stared wide-eyed at Yoochun who was twiddling his thumbs over on the loveseat by himself, looking down a little, somewhat shy from the last sentence. He might have gone too far in trying to help Jaejoong.

          The latter sighed. Yoochun was right. “Okay…”

          “What?” the lovers said in unison.

          “You’re right. I’m no longer married. I’m beautiful. I’m wanted. I have no reason to be sad over this. I should go looking for someone else… and Changmin is the first person on my list.” Jaejoong nodded, fooling himself without even knowing it.

          “B-but hyung!”

          “Bye, you two! Have a good time together!”

          With that the door slammed shut behind Jaejoong, leaving a gawking Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun. What had they done?

~

Changmin was sitting at home cooking some instant ramen when his door bell rang. He yelled “Be right there!” and took his ramen out of the microwave, then rushed to the door to open it. He was surprised to see Jaejoong standing there with a smile.

          “Annyong,” the petite beauty said, inviting himself in.

          “Um… hi there.” Changmin tilted his head a little, confused as hell, and closed his door softly. “What brings you over here, hyung?”

          “Well,” Jaejoong said, taking a look at the ramen, “I decided that I should give you a chance.”

          “What?” The young man was taken aback.

          “You heard me,” Jaejoong giggled. “I’m going to give you a chance. I’m single, beautiful, and wanted by every man out there. You just seem to be the best candidate. Besides, Yunho said in his letter before the war that if he didn’t come back alive, find someone who was just like him, but didn’t look anything like him. So, I choose you, Changminnie.”

          “…”

          “What’s wrong?”

          A smile was creeping up on Changmin’s face, his eyes brightening. Jaejoong was seriously considering dating him. Was this for real, or just a joke?

          “Well, okay… What brought you to think of this?” Changmin asked, taking a seat in front of his food.

          Jaejoong sat beside him. “Yoochun told me that I’m not a for sleeping with you.” He nodded.

          Changmin nearly choked on his food. So he was just confused and trying to find himself an answer to his loneliness. “Hyung, I think you’re mistaken—”

          “Aniya! I’m not a , I know it. I need love, and I want it from you. So come on, let’s go out.”

          “But Jaejoong—”

          “Don’t ‘but’ me. We’re going on our first date!”

          After that, the rest of the day was a blur for Changmin. Jaejoong took him around the town to all of the carnivals, restaurants, and stores, making Changmin buy everything. Somehow, Changmin didn’t enjoy it. His idea of spending time with a lover wasn’t one like this, but staying at home and spending time together, getting to know each other more, not having people stare at them all day.

          Still, he gave Jaejoong what he wanted, and when Jaejoong asked for him to him home, he obliged and they held hands all the way there. It should’ve been a fairy tale date. Yet, it felt wrong. Especially when Jaejoong gave him a good night kiss and told him, “I love you, Minnie.”

          The ? This was blowing out of proportion. He wouldn’t allow it. How was he supposed to change Jaejoong’s mind?

~~~

A/N: ... Awkward. *not a big JaeMin shipper*