Going Down...

Yunho Goes to the Army

April 20th, 10:51 A.M

          Jaejoong was lying on the couch with a book in his hand. He wasn’t really reading—just skimming through because he didn’t have the heart to full-out read. It wasn’t all there. Half of it was with Yunho.

          “Aish… Why are books always full of love? Don’t the authors know love never ends in happiness?”

          Over on the other end of the couch, Junsu and Yoochun awkwardly moved away from their cuddling position. The latter sighed. “Hyung, I know you miss him, but he’ll be back. You know that.”

          “Who says, huh? He’s on the front line in a war against North Korea. Don’t you know they’ve been building nuclear weapons for the past few years? They’re probably going to use them now, and do you know who gets hit first? The front line. Now shut up and leave me alone.”

          “Hyung—” Junsu tried throwing in.

          “No! I don’t want to talk about this!” Jaejoong snapped. “I might as well just go find another man to forget about Yunho!”

          Just then, an envelope slipped through the mail slot on the door. They all looked at each other curiously before Jaejoong went over to pick it up. He looked for who it was from, but only his address was placed on it. He shrugged and opened it up, pulling out a neatly folded piece of paper.

          “What is it, hyung?” Junsu asked.

          “I don’t know…”

          Jaejoong carefully unfolded the paper, not wanting to ruin how perfect it looked, but when his eyes found the hand-writing, tears built up in his eyes, and, before he knew it, they fell and his the paper.

          The two lovers looked at each other before rushing over and enveloping Jaejoong in a warm hug, rubbing his back and reading the paper themselves.

          After all three were done, Jaejoong was sobbing once more, holding his hands over his eyes and sitting on his knees. He wasn’t crying over sadness this time. Sure, he was sad, but he had gotten what he wanted—to hear Yunho say he loved him. (Or read, in this case.)

          Being the best friend, Yoochun backed off and let Junsu take over. “Shh… It’ll be okay, hyung. He’ll come back, I swear my life on it… Shhh…”

          Eventually, Jaejoong fell asleep in his arms, his dreams full of Yunho’s face.

~

Yoochun had taken Jaejoong up to his room and laid him down carefully, feeling sad for his friend. He couldn’t imagine what would happen if he ever had to go into war when his time for the army came. Junsu would probably die from the depression. He shivered, not wanting that to happen.

          “Chunnie,” he heard a dolphin-voice call out to him. He smiled softly and walked back downstairs. Junsu attacked him in a hug, burying his face in his chest. The older held his boyfriend close, comforting him. “What happened to him, Junsu?” he asked, sighing.

          He could feel Junsu shrug. “I don’t know… He at least functioned somewhat well before North Korea called war on us. Now…” Junsu sighed again. “I hope Yunho really does come back.”

          “I know. I’m scared to find out what Jaejoong will do if he doesn’t.”

          The lingering question weighed heavily on both of their minds until they decided to leave for the day and head back home.