Just a Phase

Yunho Goes to the Army

May 17th, 6:46 P.M.

          There was an insistent knocking on the door of the Shim household, and a groan emitted from the couch, a lazy couch potato slumping up to open the beaten door. There hadn’t been a moment of rest for Changmin once Jaejoong “realized” he was going to look for love again.

          Just like every day, he opened the door and Jaejoong planted a chaste kiss on his lips. Just like every day, he let himself in. And just like every day, he told him he loved him.

          Lies, Changmin thought, giving his “boyfriend” a hug and a welcoming smile.

          “What are we going to do today, Minnie?” Jaejoong asked cutely.

          “Well, I was going to take you shopping for outfits today so we could go to the ball tomorrow.”

          Something faltered on the beauty’s face. “Oh, you mean the one that the army is sponsoring?”

          “Yeah. I want to take you there with Yoochun and Junsu to pay tribute to all of the soldiers that died in combat and meet the ones who survived. I heard that people who came would get a present.”

          “What kind of present?” Jaejoong fiddled with his watch, looking down at his hands.

          “An all-you-can-eat buffet.” A large grin broke out on the food monster’s face, causing Jaejoong to forget about Yunho again. Little did he know that every time he forgot about him, it erased one little memory after another and replaced them with Changmin.

          Not good.

          “I see. Well, I’ll be happy to be your date. After all, I do love you.” He blushed and held his cheeks in his hands. “Aigoo~ I blush every time I’m around you. It really is embarrassing.”

          “Don’t worry, hyung. It’ll go away, someday.”

          “Well, gosh, I hope not! It tells me every time how much more I fall for you each and every day.” Jaejoong draped his arms around Changmin’s neck, the height not stirring any memories. He kissed him gently, and Changmin knew better than to pull away. He kissed back gently, groaning as Jaejoong his lips, trying to gain entrance, but Changmin pushed him away carefully.

          “Hyung, stop. We have to go to the store and buy our outfits. It’s a masquerade ball, so we’ll also have masks. Let’s go?” Changmin held his hand out, and Jaejoong happily took it, twining their fingers together. The two headed out in search for the perfect outfits.

~

Yoochun and Junsu were at home, already having bought their suits, giggling and cuddling on the couch. Jaejoong was a lot happier now that he had moved on to Changmin. They hoped it’d stay like that for a long time, and that Changmin was okay with it. That was probably the only problem—they hadn’t heard from him since he and Jaejoong started dating.

          Nonetheless, they didn’t let it get in the way of their own happiness.

          “Chunnie,” Junsu called, playing with his lover’s fingers, “I hope they have a time to pray for people. I’ll pray for Yunho. I think he deserves it.”

          “Agreed. Even though we never knew him, it feels like he was there our whole lives, you know?”

          “Yeah…” Junsu nodded, pouting a bit.

          Yoochun took the chance and pecked Junsu on the lips, chuckling and nuzzling into him. “You know Jaejoong would appreciate it if we prayed for Yunho for him. He probably wouldn’t have a strong enough heart to do it, sorry to say. I’m still kind of worried.”

          “Huh? Why?” Junsu looked up from Yoochun’s chest.

          “Well, don’t you think he got over Yunho a little too fast? He may just going through a phase, trying to forget everything before and starting a completely new life, becoming a completely different person. I don’t think I’d be able to recognize him after this process is over.”

          Thinking it over for a minute, Junsu nodded in agreement. “I see where you’re coming from… I hope that’s not the case, though, because I can’t lose my best friend…”

          “I know, yeobo… I know.” Yoochun comfortingly kissed the top of Junsu’s head, rubbing his back, and humming him to sleep.