Like a Cinderella Story

Yunho Goes to the Army

May 18th, 10:00 P.M.

          Jaejoong and Changmin strolled into the large ballroom of the most prestigious hotel in South Korea, hand-in-hand, the top half of their faces covered with the masks. Jaejoong had a smile on his face while Changmin only smirked, seeing the large mass of people. Jaejoong would have to talk to people and leave him alone for a while. He might just go off and sleep on a chair for a few minutes, treasuring the sleep.

          “Hyung!” a certain dolphin-voice called out.

          Jaejoong turned his head and ran over to Junsu, taking him into a big hug, giggling. “You’re here!”

          “Of course I am, hyung. I came for you.” Junsu pulled away, smiling brightly.

          Yoochun came over and rubbed Jaejoong’s back. “I’m surprised to see you here, hyung.”

          Jaejoong nodded over to Changmin. “He convinced me to come. I’m glad I did, too. This place is beautiful.”

          “It is! The army does a good job at decorating.” Junsu giggled, taking Yoochun’s hand and letting him lead him away. “Come find me if you need me, hyung.”

          “Will do, Junsu!” Jaejoong waved happily and turned back around to look for Changmin, but couldn’t see him. He pouted, observing all of the guests and checking for the recognizable tuxedo, but couldn’t find him. He mumbled under his breath, “Where did he go?” Instead of standing there and looking like an idiot, Jaejoong took a seat, suddenly feeling left out.

          Out of nowhere, somebody walked up to him, holding a hand out. From the first look, the man’s hand was cut and bruised pretty badly, but he had a pretty hand nonetheless. Looking up to the face, it kind of hurt his eyes. The man’s lips were bruised in different spots, cuts everywhere across his face. The man must’ve been one of the few survivors of the war. To show respect, Jaejoong took his hand gently and allowed him to pull him to the dance floor.

          Just like a gentleman, the soldier held one of Jaejoong’s hands in his own, the other gently placed on his hip. The song that was playing was slow, one that brought memories flooding back to Jaejoong. So the soldier wouldn’t see him cry, he closed his eyes and put his head on the soldier’s chest. His heart was beating loudly, giving Jaejoong the hint that it was a strong heart. It had to have been, or he may not have been able to live through the war.

          Once the song ended, the soldier kissed Jaejoong’s hand sweetly, bowing. “Thank you for my first and last dance of the night.”

          “What?” Jaejoong mumbled to himself, surprised that this man would announce something so courageously. “I-I have a boyfriend. Don’t be so brave.”

          The announcement made the soldier snap his head up, and Jaejoong suddenly darted away, his cell phone falling out of his pocket. The soldier picked it up and looked at it carefully, removing his mask slowly and pocketing the phone, watching Jaejoong dart out of the hotel. He was going to give this back…

          And he knew just where to find him.

~~~

A/N: MWAHAHAHAHAHA. EVIL AUTHOR-SSI.