New Employees

Yunho Goes to the Army

January 18th, 6:30 A.M.

Jaejoong yawned and sat up in bed. He looked over to his side, but didn’t see Yunho. It sent a lightning bolt of pain through his chest. His Yunho was going to be gone for two years, and he wasn’t going to be cooking for anybody for a long time. He loved cooking for Yunho. It brought him comfort, and any time Yunho complimented his cooking, it made him feel loved even more than he already was.

Jaejoong sighed before dressing and getting ready for his day. He still had to work, no matter how much he wanted to deny that he didn’t want to. He hated working at the restaurant. There were erts who tried hitting on him and getting in his pants. He had kept them away for this long. He could keep doing it until he found a new job.

When he got there, he went straight for the dressing room. Nobody was in there, so he dressed quickly. He didn’t want anybody to walk in on him. They would definitely stare and gawk at his flawless body. Only Yunho had the right to do that.

Jaejoong was dressed and out of the room in five minutes. He swished his hair to the side while opening the door to go back to the dining area. He worked as a waiter, his least favorite job. He was useful for it, but he thought he could cook much better than anybody that was behind the stove. He had applied for that job, but they turned him down because the other waiters and waitresses didn’t want to take over the lack of one less waiter.

“Jaejoong!” the boss called.

Jaejoong sighed. He didn’t like his boss, but he gave him good pay so he put up with him. “Yes?”

“We have new workers, and I want you to train them. Do it well, okay? I’ll raise your pay if they can wait tables like you.” The boss smiled before turning to go back to his office.

Jaejoong shrugged and answered to the empty space in front of him, “Okay.”

He didn’t see anybody new come in until noon. The first one was well-built, but also very feminine. He had nice curves like Jaejoong. The one who came in behind him was tall and handsome, and looked like a player. The last one seemed like he was younger than the other two, but his height had Jaejoong wondering. He walked over to the three men and offered a table.

The feminine one spoke up. He had a nice voice to listen to. “We’re here to work. Mr. Lee told you about us, right?”

Jaejoong nodded and grinned. “Of course. If you’ll follow me, I’ll show you where the changing room is. Come back out here when you’re done.” Jaejoong took them to the dressing room. He left them there to get dressed. While waiting, Jaejoong remembered when he first saw Yunho.

“Welcome! We’re glad to have you here.”

A 15-year-old Jaejoong shyly smiled and nodded. Professor Shik showed him the way to the classroom he would be in for homeroom. “Mrs. Lee is going to show you the assignment they’re working on for now, and she’ll assign somebody to show you the way to all of your classes. Now enjoy your day, Jaejoong.” Professor Shik grinned before leaving Jaejoong in front of the door.

Jaejoong took a deep, shaky breath before knocking on the door. “Come in!” he heard a woman yell. He opened the door slowly. He poked his head in. Mrs. Lee smiled at him and encouraged him to enter her classroom. “Hello! You must be Kim Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“I’m Mrs. Lee, your teacher. Why don’t you introduce yourself?”

Jaejoong looked at the class. He gulped before looking back at Mrs. Lee with scared eyes. She sensed his feelings and nodded. “Class, this is Kim Jaejoong. He just moved here from Gongju. Be kind to him. He earned his way into this school, so maybe you could learn something from him.” Mrs. Lee smiled at Jaejoong and told him to sit in the only empty seat.

When he was seated, Mrs. Lee remembered about the around the school. “Oh, and Jaejoong? Yunho will be the one to show you around. Yunho, raise your hand.”

Jaejoong looked around for this Yunho guy. When his eyes landed on him, he became breathless. Yunho was extremely handsome, but something told Jaejoong that he was cuter than he seemed. Jaejoong was actually excited for the first time since he moved to Gwangju.

Jaejoong sadly smiled. He missed Yunho already, and the pain in his heart wasn’t helping at all.

“We’re done.”

Jaejoong looked over to his side and saw the three trainees dressed in waiter outfits. “Alright. Let’s get started.”

Within twenty minutes, the three trainees were doing well. Jaejoong was actually impressed. But he still had to make sure they were good enough to meet Mr. Lee’s demands.

Jaejoong soon learned that the feminine one’s name was Junsu, while his two best friends were Yoochun (the player) and Changmin (the tall one).

By day’s end, Jaejoong was too tired to even say good-bye to the new employees. He just got dressed into his normal clothes and left to go home. The moment he got into his room, he flung himself on the bed and closed his eyes. He fell asleep instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Alright, Chapter 1 is up and done! :D I'll be off to work on Chapter 2 now~ ^_~