New Guy

Yunho Goes to the Army

March 8th, 2:36 P.M.

Yunho heard the general call out to all soldiers. He grunted, but still got up. If he misbehaved, he would have to do one hundred push-ups, one hundred sit-ups, and fifty pull-ups. So Yunho made sure to respect and listen to the general.

Yunho went to the main hall where all of his squad reported to go every morning. The first few weeks he had a hard time getting up on time because he had been woken up for two years by Jaejoong, but he adjusted to it. The feeling of sadness and loneliness never left him, though. He always felt as though his life was missing.

The usual morning drill went by well. He passed through the course smoothly, and he got to eat breakfast earlier than usual. He had a secret weapon though—his thoughts about Jaejoong panting and beneath him. He smirked at the thoughts again.

“Yo, Yunho!”

Yunho looked up towards the voice. He waved to his new friends he met when he came to the army. After getting his tray of breakfast, he walked over to them and sat down. “Hey. You got done early, too?”

Heechul nodded. “You know how easy they are. Even I could come up with better drills.” Heechul took a bite of his sludge.

Yunho chuckled before turning to Hankyung, Heechul’s secret boyfriend. “What about you, Hyung?”

He shrugged. “You know me. I learn stuff quick and once I master it, it takes me no time to finish it.”

“Yeah, but you still have yet to find the one way to keep me from .” Heechul smirked.

Hankyung blushed deep crimson as Yunho laughed at the two. They reminded him of the relationship he and Jaejoong had after Yunho proposed. It was a time of happiness and serenity and nothing could break them apart. Yunho started to miss Jaejoong again. He looked down and played with the sludge on his tray.

“Yunho, what’s wrong?” Heechul asked, genuinely concerned for his friend.

Yunho shrugged and wiped his one tear away. “I just miss Jaejoong. That’s all.”

“Aww, Yunho.” Heechul reached over the table and patted his hand. “Don’t worry. He’s safe at home, and when you get back, he’ll be overjoyed to see you. I know it.”

Yunho nodded and grinned again. No matter how snarky and sarcastic Heechul could be, he was still smart and sensitive and was the perfect consult when you felt sad or hurt.

 

Five hours later, Yunho, Heechul, and Hankyung were all in the gym working out. They had just finished their afternoon drills and were instructed to go to the gym. That was their favorite place in the building. They could work in peace without being pestered.

Well, not that day.

“Boys, line up!” the general shouted as he walked in the room. The three friends set their work-out sets down and walked to their spots in line in front of the general. They all raised their right hands to their foreheads in sync. “Sir!” Their hands fell and they stared straight ahead with straight faces. The general smiled at his work.

“There’s a new guy today. He’ll be joining your squad from now on, so you all have to show him how to do everything and where everything is. Treat him well. I’ll be off now.” He his heels and left the training room.

Everybody in the line loosened up and looked around. Where was the new guy?

“Yah! Let go of me!”

Yunho looked over to the entrance. There he saw a petite man with handsome features being dragged into the room with the most notorious soldier, Lee Hyukjae. Yunho started to walk forward to help the kid when Hyukjae set him down. “Well, what do we have here?”

The new guy immediately moved away from Hyukjae when he was released. Chuckles emitted from the soldiers as they scattered back to their places in the gym. Heechul, Hankyung, and Yunho stayed behind to formally introduce the new guy.

Hyukjae kept trying to catch the new guy. He failed every time. Finally, Hankyung stepped in and caught the man. He struggled, but eventually stopped and gave in. Hankyung set him back on the ground so he could introduce himself.

He sighed in defeat. “I’m Lee Donghae. I was sent here by my father. He wants me to be a military hero.”

Yunho smiled. His condition was somewhat similar, only his mother sent him so he could learn how to protect the ones he loved the right way.

“Is that so?” Hyukjae prodded. He smirked and moved up to Donghae who suddenly stiffened. Hyukjae leaned down and whispered in Donghae’s ear, “Why does he want a beauty like you to be here when you could take a career in modeling?”

Yunho shook his head when he saw the scared look on Donghae’s face. That’s when he stepped in. “Yah, Hyukjae. I thought you and Kangin were in the middle of an arm-wrestling match.”

Hyukjae stood up straight again as he remembered the challenger. He smirked and rushed off, thanking Yunho. Donghae slowly relaxed, letting a small breath out.

But he tensed up once more when the three friends approached him. “W-what do you want?”

Heechul laughed. “Don’t worry. We won’t harass you like Hyukjae just tried to.”

“You… you won’t?”

“No. This here is my boyfriend,” Heechul admitted, motioning with his head to Hankyung, “and Yunho is married.”

Donghae let a smile slip through. He was glad he found some kind people.

Yunho stepped forward, suddenly feeling like a leader. “Well, why don’t we show you around now?”

Donghae nodded happily and let them take him around the whole building—the bunk room, the canteen, and even every bathroom—so he would feel comfortable for his two-year-long stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey look, I actually updated ._. How was it? I'm proud of it, honestly ^^