Have You Ever Been Heartbroken Before?

Yunho Goes to the Army

March 21st, 8:19 P.M.

Yunho stretched his arms high above his head. He had been learning new karate techniques all day and his muscles hurt. He would’ve rather been in the gym all day than kicking his leg up at nothing in the sky for three hours then punch for three more. He wasn’t having fun. Now, if his Joongie were there with him… Yunho shook his head while feeling himself get hard.

“Hyung?”

Yunho jumped and turned around. Donghae stared back at him, pajamas on and all preparations for bed finished. “Yeah?”

“I don’t want to sleep alone tonight.”

Yunho grinned gently and motioned for Donghae to come sleep on his bed with him. No, he had nothing dirty going through his mind about Donghae. (That was what Jaejoong was for.) He pulled the covers back and let his dongsaeng slide under the itchy blanket. He climbed in shortly after and turned out the light next to the bunk bed. Heechul was just above, snoring softly. Yunho thought about Hankyung watching Heechul from the bunk bed next to his and chuckled softly. Donghae didn’t question it.

But he did ask another question.

“Hyung?”

“Yes?”

“… Who are you married to?”

Yunho turned over and faced Donghae. He smiled and got up on his elbows. “A beautiful man named Kim Jaejoong.”

“Is he special to you?”

Yunho closed his eyes and thought about Jaejoong’s gentle touches, sweet smiles, and cute words. “Yeah…” he sighed. “We’ve been married for two years. Our anniversary is coming up this summer, but I won’t be there for him. I want to send him a video, but I don’t think I’ll be allowed to.”

Donghae stared up at the top bunk in the darkness. He thought about Yunho’s words about Jaejoong and him being married for two years. “So… you’re gay?”

Yunho couldn’t help but laugh at that. He lay back down on his back. “You have no idea what it’s like. Sure I still think girls are hot, but when I see Jaejoong, I see somebody more beautiful than every girl ever combined. It’s like I’m only gay for him and him alone. I don’t know. But I’m glad I chose him. He’s the most perfect person in this world for me, and I wouldn’t trade him for anything.”

Donghae smiled at the way Yunho’s voice sounded when he talked about Jaejoong. He really meant what he was saying. That was a first he had heard from a gay couple. “What’s it like being in love, Hyung?”

“Umm… I guess you’re always happy and smiling. When I’m away from Jaejoong, I want to run back to him and hold him because I don’t want to be away from him. When I am around him, I feel at ease and want to stay with him for the rest of my life. It’s like he holds my heart now and is never going to give it up for anything in his life, ever. That’s the way I want it, now and forever.”

Donghae bit his lip as a tear trickled down the side of his head. It drowned in the thick layers of his hair. “Have you ever been in a serious break-up, Hyung?”

“… Once.”

“It hurt, right?”

Yunho looked over to Donghae. “Of course it hurt. I really cared about the girl.”

“What happened? I hope you don’t mind my asking.”

Yunho took a deep breath as he pursed his lips. “Well, we were best friends since childhood. Both our moms and dads were convinced we would be a famous couple when we grew up since we were both very talented and could do multiple things at once. But I didn’t think I cared about her. When we hit the seventh grade, though, things changed and I felt something towards her. She looked beautiful, and she always seemed to lead me on with sweet words. I began to realize I was always happy around her and enjoyed spending time with her. So I asked her out. She agreed willingly, and from then on, our parents took over. They set up all of our dates, took us anywhere we wanted, and did anything to keep us together. When we hit high school two years later, a new student came. He was from the south, and nobody liked him. They always bullied him. I protected him, but when I found Jessica, my girlfriend, bullying him as well, I couldn’t just stand back and let her beat on him. I wouldn’t tolerate bullying. It broke my heart to leave Jessica, but when I spent more time with the new student, Jaejoong, I felt stronger towards him than I ever did about Jessica in my entire life combined. That’s what led to Jaejoong and I getting bullied in school. We dated and hung out in school, and nobody liked it, but we stayed strong, and the more bullies we had, the more we fell in love. The moment we graduated, Jaejoong and I found an apartment to live in together with. A few years later I proposed, and we got married one year after that. We’ve been happy ever since.”

Yunho took a deep breath and smiled. It was nice to share that story with somebody other than Heechul or Hankyung.

Donghae looked shocked. “You left Jessica but found better love with the other gender?”

Yunho nodded proudly. “That’s exactly it.” Yunho paused before asking, “Why’d you ask anyway?”

Donghae blushed before pulling the covers further over his tired body. “N-no reason. Let’s go to sleep now. We need the rest for tomorrow’s new drills.”

Yunho raised a speculating eyebrow at Donghae, but laid down nonetheless. He would have to interrogate his dongsaeng later when the time was convenient.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Donghae's avoiding something about himself~ I'll reveal it later, after I get in Jae's next two chapters XD WHO'S READY FOR SOME MAKE-OUT SESSIONS?! 8"3 I'm not telling who yet, either ;P

DOUBLE UPDATE. ♥

Well, I'm off to bed now. Hope you enjoyed the two chapters today <3