Little feet

Marriage Certificate

 

The guys were all talking about the shoes and Heechul was trying the Gwanghwamun pair belonging to Kyuhyun and said that he wanted it. 

"It's my size! Can I have it??" Heechul joke. 

"That's exclusively mine. Put it back!!" Kyuhyun feigned getting angry. 

"Kyu...." Ryeowook trying to get her husband's attention. 

"Why don't you get a copy of it? I want it too. Same design..." Chanmin was saying. 

"Eyyy Chwang... I said it's exclusively mine okay... Anyway Nike sells it, you can order from them" Kyuhyun showed his tongue at Changmin and took his shoes back from Heechul's leg. 

"Kyu...." Ryeowook called out again. 

Kyuhyun was arranging his shoes back on the rack and heard his wife calling him. He bent his body to see her because Shindong was slightly blocking him. 

"Yeah Ryeong?" he asked casually but saw that she was holding her tummy. "Ryeong? What's wrong??" 

"I... I.. think my labour pain starts...." Ryeowook said, trying to keep herself calm. 

"What????!!!!" all the guys said in unison!!! 

Kyuhyun hastily ran to her "Ryeong, sit down... how is the pain?" He led her to sit. 

"Are you in pain now?" Heechul asked anxiously. 

"What's the interval?? If it is constant interval, it's surely labour pain!!" Changmin asked, taking very fast, as his sister was having similar pain when she gave birth last year. 

"It's 30 minutes interval and I felt it twice already..." Ryeowook told them. 

"Mr Cho, I drive your car and you sit with her at the back. Let's go to the hospital!!!" Hyukjae said. 

"I go with you all" Donghae said. "I call your gynae??" he said. He has their gynae's number as he had help to set their checkup appointments a few times. 

"Let's go now! Chwang, Shindong, you go in my car. KimKyu, where's her bag? Hyuk, get his car ready" Heechul already walking towards Kyuhyun's bedroom. 

"On the dressing table. I have all the appointment card in there too. Arghhhhhhh..." Ryeowook was telling Heechul but her pain started again. 

"Let's go, I carry you" Kyuhyun soothed her hair. "Hyuk, my key is there, next to the TV. Hae you take her bag from hyung" Kyuhyun told them hastily and carried his wife. Though she was heavier now, but he could still carry her. 

Kyuhyun told Heechul the hospital name and so two cars rushed to the hospital. Donghae managed to call the gynae and informed her that Ryeowook has started her labour pain. 

In between her pain, Ryeowook wanted to laugh because she got six panic guys accompanying her to the hospital!!!! She hope that only Kyuhyun would be in the labour ward, and not all 6 of them!!! 

Ryeowook was wheeled into a delivery ward once they had reached the hospital entrance. Upon checking, the nurse announced that she was 11cm dilated, so the gynae get everyone to prepare for the delivery. 

Kyuhyun was nervous and worried beyond words! On one hand, he was worried for Ryeowook as she was squirming in pain. He held her hand and kept telling her to breath. On the other hand, he was going to witness the delivery of his own son! He wanted to video the whole procedure but on 2nd thoughts, he decided not to because he needed to be with his wife. Maybe just photos then, he told himself. 

"Mr Cho, can you put on the surgical gown? Just step outside for a while. We will start the delivery procedure once we break your wife waterbag. It's too late for epidural because your baby's head had started to push down" the nurse handed him the surgical gown. 

Kyuhyun became panic when the nurse said that they will start the delivery procedure. His mother never tell him what he should do? Ohmygod, how should he help his wife?? Kyuhyun kept asking himself and somehow didn't know how to put on the surgical gown. 

"Let me put it on for you" the nurse took the gown from his hands and put it for him. She understood perfectly that some husbands were just too nervous, especially their first born. "Mr Cho, you need to keep calm and focus. Help your wife to breath and push, and keep on encouraging your wife. It will help her a lot" the nurse completed tying his surgical gown. 

"Thank you miss. I'll try to be calm and help my wife. Thank you for the valuable advice!!" Kyuhyun said with a grateful look. He bowed and stepped back into the ward, and hastily held Ryeowook's hand again. 

"Kyu... it's so painful..." Ryeowook couldn't stopped her tears. The contraction was intense and she couldn't bear it any longer. 

"Ryeong, it will be over soon. Just bear a little longer. The nurse will break your waterbag and you will need to start pushing okay. I'm here with you, and I love you" Kyuhyun soothed her face lovingly. After what the nurse had told him, he became less nervous and determined to help his lovely wife. 

"Kyu... don't leave me again, I'm scared" Ryeowook closed her eyes to endure another contraction again. 

"I'm here my love, I'm here. We through this together okay" Kyuhyun kissed her hand. 

Her waterbag was burst manually and two nurses busily wiping the water. By now, Ryeowook's legs were already spread and the gynae was ready with her gloves and injection to numb her entrance as she needed to cut her entrance a bit to accommodate the baby's head. 

According to her latest measurements, the Cho's baby was big and long, so there was no way for the baby's head to go through the narrow passageway. 

The gynae explained whatever she intended to do to both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook but Ryeowook was too much in pain to care, and Kyuhyun was like "Whatever, just do it, as long as my wife and baby are safe" but he only said to himself. To the gynae, he said politely "Just go ahead, doctor". 

Meanwhile at the lobby outside, the 5 guys were restless. "What's taking them so long..." Heechul said, looking at his watch. 

"Hyung, delivering a baby is not so simple. My sister said her labour  was like 10 hours and by the time she delivered, it was a total of 15 hours!! I think Wook was good, she was very active, so it should be easier for her" Changmin told him. 

"Yeah, she was doing the CRW Corner with me till a few days ago, and she was really enthusiastic.  She only took a break when I forced her to stop and eat! Sometimes she forgot that she's pregnant!!" Heechul complained. 

"Ryeowook is like that. When she was working at the shoes department, she could work non-stop and only stop when her colleague bought lunch for her and dragged her to the office to eat!" Shindong told them. 

"Yes, Mrs Cho is really hardworking. Previously when I accompanied her at their home, she was designing and not really resting.  I think that's why her labour was fast. She worked non-stop" Donghae chipped in. 

"Did Mr Cho text any of you?" Hyukjae asked, checking his phone. 

"No..." they all said together. 

"Maybe he fainted??" Heechul joked. 

The rest chuckled and Changmin laughed "My brother-in-law really fainted, hyung. He told me because my sister squeezed his hand so tightly until he fainted" he laughed. The rest laughed too and wonder whether Kyuhyun really fainted or got no time to text them. 

The delivery ward was noisy with Ryeowook squirming with pain "Okay Mrs Cho, we are all ready. Take a deep breath and push" the gynae told her. 

"Ryeong, common, take a deep breath. One, two, breath-in" and Kyuhyun was glad that Ryeowook followed his lead. "And push...!!" 

Ryeowook held his hand tightly and push her pain downwards. She became breathless and gasping for air. 

"Common, common breath. I love you. One more time, one, two, breath-in" Kyuhyun guided her and breath-in together with her. He was amazed that he was calm! He sat at the edge of the bed and held Ryeowook's shoulder, and lifted her up to help her to push. 

"Okay, you are doing great! Here comes the baby's head!! Keep pushing!" the gynae said loudly. She cleared the blood so that the baby can breath. 

Kyuhyun whispered "Ryeong, baby is coming out, come, take a deep breath" and Ryeowook followed him and held his hand tightly and pushed with all her might. 

The difficult part was always the shoulders but after that, the rest of the baby's body would be a breeze. After about 10 pushes, baby's shoulder and hands were freed and after another three pushes, baby was fully out, and their baby started crying loudly!!! 

Kyuhyun cried seeing his baby crying, and scrambled to take his phone but he suddenly forgot how to press the camera!

"Mr Cho, let me take for you!" one of the nurses offered her help, and took his phone. 

The gynae cut the umbilical cord and a nurse took over to clean Ryeowook. Another nurse clean the baby and took his photo. 

Kyuhyun cried and hugged Ryeowook "Ryeong, you did great!! Our baby boy is born!!" he kissed her temple repeatedly. 

"You have a healthy baby boy!!! Congratulations!!!" 

"Kyu, can.. can I see our baby?" Ryeowook said tiredly but happy and glad that their baby was healthy.

"Here's your baby" the nurse carefully put the baby on Ryeowook's chest and guided Ryeowook's hands to hold her baby. The baby has stopped crying after the nurse wrapped him up with a cloth diaper. "Congratulations!!" she smile and held Kyuhyun's phone again to take their photos with their baby. 

"He's so cute, Ryeong!! We are parents now!!" Kyuhyun soothed her hair and kissed her forehead. Ryeowook smile happily and breath a sigh of relief. 

"Okay Mr Cho, you carry your son first while we clean up your wife?" the gynae told him. 

"Can I bring him out for a while to show my friends?" Kyuhyun asked the gynae. 

"Yup, but you need to bring him back. We need to take his measurements" the gynae smile. 

"Ryeong, I just show him to hyung, Chwang and the rest okay, I'll be right back" Kyuhyun smile at his wife. 

"Be careful Kyu" Ryeowook smile tiredly. 

Kyuhyun carefully carried his new born baby out to the lobby "Hey guys, my baby!!" 

The guys turned and Hyukjae jokingly whispered "Okay he didn't faint!!" and they all hastily ran to him and crowded around him. 

"He's so cute!!" Donghae was cooing at the baby. 

"How's Wook?" Heechul asked him after cooing at the baby and took some photos. 

"She's tired but okay. She did great, hyung! Natural birth!!" Kyuhyun was proud of his wife! 

Donghae wanted to carry him, so Kyuhyun let him. He showed them all the photos that the nurse took and then they all took a group selfie with the baby. 

Kyuhyun brought his baby back to the delivery ward, and handover his son to the nurse. He was told that Ryeowook has been stitched and cleaned up, and would be wheel to a ward. But she had slept due to exhaustion. 

"My poor Ryeong" Kyuhyun held her hand and kissed it, before she was transfered to a stretcher to be wheeled out. 

Their baby was placed next to her and Kyuhyun thanked the gynae and nurses and bowed at them. 

At the ward, Kyuhyun cried again holding his son. They went through so much for 9 months, and he was happy and grateful that both his wife and his son were alright. 

He his son's fingers, and then his feet. He chuckled and wiped his tears "So cute... little fingers and little feet". And he took pictures of his son's hands and feet. 

He his son's little feet again, and smile. "You are just like daddy. You have long legs" he chuckled and carefully placed him back at his cradle. The nurse would be coming soon to feed him. 

He texted his mother and forward the pictures to his parents. 

He kissed the sleeping Ryeowook took a deep breath, and smile. "I'm a father!!" he smile happily!