Panicky

Marriage Certificate

 

Two security guards hastily went up to Kyuhyun's penthouse after receiving Kyuhyun's call. They were baffled as to how did this intruder managed to slip in through their side gate. 

One of the security guard who remained at the post, had called the police and fire department when he detected fire and smoke warning outside the penthouse and quickly alerted his colleagues, and called Kyuhyun as well. 

Apparently, the intruder had started a fire outside the door by stuffing newspapers in-between Kyuhyun's gate and his wooden door. The wooden door was fire-proofed, so it was protected, but the plants took the toll. And the smoke, however, still sipped through to the living room area.

The security guard managed to stop the intruder from trying to escape through the staircase, and pinned him down while waiting for the police. And the other security guard barely managed to stop the fire by using his jacket.

It was chaotic when Kyuhyun and Heechul arrived. The police was already escorting the intruder into the police car and when they reached the penthouse, to Kyuhyun's horror, his plants were burnt and his gate was blackened by the small fire. Fearing his wife safety, Kyuhyun quickly opened his door and saw that some smoke has sipped through to his living room, and he alerted the fire warden. 

The fire warden checked through and gave him the green light to enter. 

"Kimkyu, you check your bedroom and study, I check your other parts of the house. Probably Wookie is hiding somewhere safe" 

Kyuhyun nodded and dashed to his room. He called out his wife and checked his bathroom too. He ran out and went to his study. There, crouched at one corner, was his wife, looking scared and pale. 

"Ryeong!!" Kyuhyun stepped closer and was about to reach out to her when she shielded herself with her hand. 

"Ryeong, it's me, it's me. It's okay now" he pulled her into his arms. "It's okay now. I'm so sorry that I couldn't reach here fast enough" 

"Kyu...." she cling to him and cried. "I was so scared when he bang loudly at the door and shook the gate. When I peeped through the study room door, I could smell smoke..." 

Kyuhyun cradled her "It's okay now. The police had taken him away. I think he must have found out that we stay  at the penthouse, and he managed to enter through the side gate when a resident open it to go out. He burnt some newspapers just to scare you" 

"He has some resemblance to Miss Park. Could it be...." 

"Yes, I believe he is Miss Park's cousin. He impersonated as a doctor too, when you were hospitalised but he escaped. I will press charges because he burnt our gate and plants" 

"Kyu, I'm sorry. Because of me, you have endless problems..." 

Kyuhyun lifted up her face "Ryeong, don't say that. You are my life and I'll protect you at all cost...."

"KimKyu, you found her!" Heechul came in and squad next to Kyuhyun "How are you Wookie?" 

"I was scared just now. Thank you for coming back, if I was alone, I really will not know what to do.." Ryeowook said, trying to get up, while wiping her tears. 

Kyuhyun helped her up and tidy up her hair. He turned to Heechul "Hyung, I think I better start looking for another apartment. I don't want Ryeong to go through this again. I don't know who else Miss Park will send next time" 

"That woman is really crazy! She started all these and yet she wants to seek vengeance" Heechul cursed and swear at Miss Park. "Ohh yes KimKyu, the police wants to talk to you. Hyuk is outside too. You go ahead, I'll stay with Wook" 

"Okay hyung. Can you get Ryeong a cup of warm water?" Kyuhyun said, and kissed his wife forehead "You stay close to hyung, okay" 

Ryeowook nodded and said "Okay". 

Heechul wrapped an arm over her shoulder and said "Come, I make hot milo for you".

They went to the kitchen and Ryeowook glanced at their door. She could see the burnt mess outside their door and that her husband was talking to a police officer and Hyukjae. She felt sad that Miss Park went to such extreme to hurt her. Eventhough she was locked up in the prison, she still managed to convince her cousin to do such a thing! 

Heechul got her to sit and made hot milo for her, and poured instant oats into a bowl and added hot water and milk. Ryeowook smile because Heechul always behaved like a big brother whenever she wasn't well, since years ago. 

After he has mixed the oats, he put the bowl in front of her. "Eat a bit, it helps you to calm down. Trust me" he said, and then turned back to the kitchen cabinet to brew coffee. 

"Hee-babe, I always trust you. You are like my big brother" 

Heechul turned around and smile happily. He has always regarded Ryeowook as his younger sister and was happy and thankful that she married a good guy who loved her unconditionally. While the coffee is still brewing, he sat at one of the dining seats. Ryeowook still looked pale "Are you feeling better now? Baby okay?" 

"Yeah, I feel better now. Baby was kicking badly just now but maybe he knew that I was scared and he wanted me to know that he's there to keep me company" Ryeowook smile, unconsciously soothing her tummy. 

"Heyy Ryeong, you okay?" Kyuhyun asked Ryeowook worriedly, as he stepped towards the dining area and saw that his wife was soothing her tummy. 

Ryeowook smile and nodded. "It was painful just now but it's okay now. Everything okay with the police?" 

Kyuhyun sat next to her "They managed to contact the prison police and got a list of Miss Park's visitors. Hyukjae will go over to check the cam recordings with the police"

Heechul sighed. That stupid woman should get life sentence!  He got up to pour 2 mugs of coffee and passed one mug to Kyuhyun. Recalling what Kyuhyun was saying about finding another place to stay, he said "KimKyu, my condo have penthouse too with a private lift. I recalled that it wasn't occupied yet when I move in last year. I can check it out and let you know..." 

"That's great hyung, thank you" Kyuhyun gave him a thumbs up while sipping his coffee. 

"Maybe I can stay with you all in the penthouse...?" Heechul joke

"Nice try hyung..." 

"Why not?  I am your son's godpa! And I can look after Wookie also!" 

"Hyung, fat chance!" 

Ryeowook laughed. "Hee-babe, if we stay near your apartment, you can drop by anytime..." 

"Yes!! See KimKyu, my sister here is still the best!! Haha" Heechul laughed. "So, we can still go for lunch or we are not allowed to leave?" 

"Yup, we can go" Kyuhyun got up and took his wife's bowl and mug along with Heechul's mug, to wash them. 

Kyuhyun informed the security guards that they would lock the gate and if the police wanted to speak to him, to call his handphone. They left for a late lunch, and along the way they talked about Kyuhyun's gate which needed to be replaced, and whether they need to get new plants. 

The week after, they went to visit the new penthouse apartment which was at the next block to Heechul's apartment. He had called Kyuhyun to inform him that the penthouse was still available and he had booked an appointment for them to view the house. 

The penthouse was bigger and there was an extra room, other than the master bedroom, study, and guestroom. 

"Ryeong, we can use this room for nursery" Kyuhyun put his arm around his wife's waist. 

"I do like it here, Kyu, but it's bigger than your current penthouse, for sure it's more expensive. And it's further to your office" Ryeowook said, looking out at the window. 

"If we sell our penthouse and buy this one, i think I just need to top up a little, so shouldn't be a problem." 

"You seriously want to move house?" 

"For your safety, yes, I'll do anything. If we do stay here, we must not say anything about where we are staying, whether in a magazine interview, or to Nike, or to any media. We need to keep our address confidential" 

"Yeah, I understand" Ryeowook said, smiling. 

"I want to set aside one corner to display all your shoes design. You can display anything, shoes, raw sketches or even photos.." 

"Wow, really? That's great! Thanks Kyu, for always supporting me" 

Kyuhyun held her shoulders "So, let's do it? We buy this penthouse? I want to put both our names as owners" Kyuhyun smile at her. 

"But, can I share the cost?" Ryeowook asked, since she has some fortune from the shoes design. 

"Ryeong, keep your money. I can pay for this" 

"Kyu...." 

"I'm serious" Kyuhyun said, trying to assure her that she don't have to chip in. "Okay okay maybe you take care of the nursery and your shoes display corner. You can buy anything to decorate it with your money. Is that okay?" 

Ryeowook smile happily and nodded "Okayyy". Then she cringe slightly because their baby moved and kicked, so she soothed her tummy. 

Kyuhyun soothed her tummy too and bent down "Baby, this is your room! If you like it, give me a kick..." 

Ryeowook laughed when she really felt that their baby kicked her tummy. Kyuhyun chuckled and smile sheepishly and said "Okay he approves" and laughingly, hugged her and kissed her.

The purchase agreement went on smoothly with Changmin's help and within 3 weeks, Kyuhyun had already engaged movers to pack their stuff, settled the purchased fully, arranged for the new penthouse to be cleaned, and slowly started to move their stuff over. He didn't allow his heavily pregnant wife to pack, so Ryeowook just supervised which boxes went to which room. 

Other than the nursery, Ryeowook personally planned and take care of her designer shoes corner. She ordered display racks, did some wall paintings with Heechul's help, and arranged all items to be displayed herself. The result was beyond her expectation after she has completed displaying all her stuff.  It was the best part of the house!! 

Even Kyuhyun was astonished. "Wow Ryeong, you are really talented!! The whole corner is better than any shopping centre's display area! I love it!!" he praised her honestly. 

So after they had settled down everything right after moving in, and that Ryeowook's due was still 2 weeks away, Kyuhyun decided to have a mini Open House and only invited their close friends. Heechul, Changmin, Hyukjae, Donghae and Shindong were the privilege one who got invited and Kyuhyun arranged to cater some food and drinks. 

Ryeowook looked tired but happy in their new home. Being pregnant in her 35th week wasn't easy as her baby was heavy and she would easily feel tired. Her swell with milk and her naughty hubby has been them every night!  

Their mini Open House was today. After breakfast, Kyuhyun noticed that his wife looked pale and tired "Ryeong, you rest more okay, I'll serve them drinks so you don't move around too much" 

"I'm okay, Kyu, just that baby is heavy, that's why I'm easily tired. Don't worry too much" Ryeowook smile at him. 

Kyuhyun led her to sit at the sofa while he tidy up everything. The food and drinks arrived and before long, their first visitor came, which of course was their ever friendly neighbour, Heechul. 

The rest arrived and after the house tour, Kyuhyun proudly showed them CRW Corner, and they were all at awe at how creative Ryeowook was. "I helped her! That's why!" Heechul said, making everyone laughed. 

Ryeowook was happy that everyone praised her corner. Looking back when she first moved in to Kyuhyun's old apartment, she was a nobody and now in their new apartment, she had proved herself to be a capable person, to be where she was now, with Kyuhyun's help of course. She smile, feeling a sense of accomplishment. 

Suddenly, she felt some contractions at her tummy. It wasn't the usual cramp or baby's kicking, but pain from the centre of her womb to the bottom. She couldn't be due now, right? Her due was still 2 weeks away. 

After 30mins, she felt the contractions again. "Ohmygod, is this labour pain...?" Ryeowook asked herself and started to feel panicky....