Scheming

Marriage Certificate

 

Miss Park was shocked "What? A court order? What the hell? I just want to destroy that stupid woman's image and the company resorted to bring this to court? Is that woman worth that much to the CEO??" she spat in disgust. She was still dissatisfied that an average woman like Ryeowook could grab a handsome and young CEO like Mr Cho!! 

"Very well! I must prove that her design is a copy, eventhough it's not. Let me seek help from my gangster brother on how to go about it!" Miss Park clenched her fist in anger. Her brother would surely have some insights on how to deal with such matters. 

Over at Sapphire Holdings' head office, Kyuhyun were having a discussion with Changmin over a speaker, with Hyukjae and Donghae. He has started coming back to office after Ryeowook assured him that she felt better and could take care of herself. Nevertheless the worried Kyuhyun would always called her to check on her and came home with lunch just to have lunch with his dearest wife. 

"Chwang, so how should we approach this? During the court hearing, will the judge ask us to prove that what Miss Park claimed was false?" Kyuhyun asked Changmin. 

"Yes, I've already presented all the write-ups and evidence to the judge, so on the court hearing date, I will ask Miss Park about the designer initial and signature and what make her claim that the design is hers. But Kyu, I will need Ryeowook to be present because she is the one that Miss Park accused"

"Hmmm, when is the court hearing again?" Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae and Donghae. 

"Next month, on the 12th, Mr Cho" Hyukjae told him politely. 

"Okayyy... by then she will be 12 weeks pregnant, so she would be much stronger. Okay Chwang, but we need to brief her what she needs to do. I don't want her to be stress over this" 

"Of course. How can I say no to such a protective husband..." and he laughed, making the others laughed too, especially Changmin! 

"He is very protective Mr Shim, you know he asked me to be Mrs Cho's bodyguard next Monday onwards when she goes back to work, so you will see me at the shoe section from Monday onwards.." Donghae chuckled at his boss, who threw a paper clip at him. 

"Tsk.. of course I'm worried about her!" Kyuhyun said. And he pointed at Donghae "And Hae, you are not just her bodyguard, you're suppose to keep an eye if Miss Park came and also do some investigation among the girls, whether anybody is in contact with Miss Park or not. She sure exploit some info from these girls. And Hyuk had showed you how Miss Park looked like, so I'm counting on you!". Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows at him. He was closed to these 2 subordinates and regarded them as his friends too. But they always respected him nonetheless. 

"Don't worry Hae, I'll be there too whenever Mr Cho went over, so you won't be alone!" Hyukjae chipped in, patting his shoulder. 

"Ok Chwang, come over to my house next Saturday, we can discuss further on this court hearing". 

"Alright. I'll be there at 3pm. See you Kyu. See you guys!" 

"See you Mr Shim" both Hyukjae and Donghae said together. 

"Mr Cho, there is something that you need to know. I found out that Miss Park has a elder brother, who is working in the underworld. He is a Kkangpae with a group called Saturi" Hyukjae told him. He showed Kyuhyun some pictures with Miss Park with her brother. 

"Wow, I heard Saturi is quite powerful in nightclubs. But unlikely he will give us problem as we have a police report" Donghae said, looking at the photos too. 

"Hae is right. But we need to be careful, especially you two. Always keep an eye and be alert in case somebody is trailing you" Kyuhyun said thoughtfully. "Hyuk, rope in Kangin to investigate on Saturi. We need professional people like him to handle these gangster and get his people to check what is Saturi's activities in Seoul, other than in nightclubs. Anyway you did a good job for finding this out" Kyuhyun nodded appreciatively at Hyukjae. 

"Ok Mr Cho, I will engage Kangin and his investigation firm" Hyukjae bowed and walked out, followed by Donghae. 

Kyuhyun felt his phone vibrated and checked his messages. He smile because the message was from Ryeowook. She sent a picture of a casual shoes, which she had just finished drawing. There was a message too. 

"Can I send this to the manufacturer? It's for me to wear because I need flat and comfortable shoes.."

Kyuhyun called her using the conference phone. "Heyyy love... Why are you not resting and designing shoes instead...?" Kyuhyun smile and lean back against the conference seat. 

"I was resting!  I finished that drawing on our bed.." Ryeowook giggled. 

Hearing her giggled just make his day! He wished that he was at home, next to her, and pulling her into his arm. He see the image that she sent to him again "It's very nice, Ryeong!! Shall we name it 'Love, by CRW?'" 

"I was thinking more for me to use..." 

"We do for you first, then we do for the market. I like the floral around it. What's comfortable for you? Leather or canvas?" 

"Hmmm, I need to put on for work, so soft leather?" 

"Size 6?"

"Size 6 1/2. I read that pregnancy will cause legs and feet to swell, so it's better to have it slightly bigger" 

 Kyuhyun bend forward and whispered to the phone.. "Your will swell too.."

"Kyu!! You are using a speaker phone! What if somebody heard you!!" 

Kyuhyun laughed "I'm alone, nobody here.. " 

"Anyway, I will send it to the manufacturer okay.." 

"Okay..." Kyuhyun agreed. "And what do you want for lunch..? No black bean noodles again!"  Kyuhyun because they ate that 4 times already! 

"I want crispy chicken!" 

"And...?" 

"Just that..." 

"Sure? I want you to eat rice or noddles. Or else you'll get hungry" 

"Bibimbab then..." 

"Ok good. So no crispy chicken?" 

"I want!! That and bibimbap!" 

Kyuhyun laughed to himself. Ryeong is damn cute! 

"Please..." Ryeowook tried to sound cute. 

"Okayyy.." Kyuhyun laughed at her cuteness. 

"Wow! Thanks Kyu!!" Ryeowook said happily. "Anyway, I did some designs for canvas shoes in the ipad. Hold on I take it from the study room" and seemed like she was getting down from the bed. 

Kyuhyun quickly said "Wait Ryeong, I can see it later.." 

Then he heard Ryeowook hissed loudly "Ahhhh...." 

"Ryeong! What happened????" Kyuhyun sat up, worryingly. "Ryeong??!!" 

"I....my... tummy cramp..." and she was groaning painfully. 

"Ryeong, lie down! Don't move and try to relax... I will go back now and I'll off this conference call okay" Kyuhyun quickly off the conference phone and rushed out to his room. He grabbed his backpack and kept his laptop and charger, scribble something on a post it note, and rushed out. 

"Hae, I'll work from home in the afternoon. Can you help to order these and deliver to my home? Charged to my card. Thanks" Kyuhyun rushed out and pressed the lift. 

"Yes, Mr Cho. Is everything okay?" Donghae called out. 

"I'll call you later! Help me to inform Hyuk too!" and Kyuhyun dashed into the lift. 

"Must be his wife. Hope she's okay" Donghae took his phone and texted Hyukjae that Mr Cho would be working from home. 

He looked at the post it note with doctors-kind-of-scrible handwriting "2 boxes crispy chicken, 2 bowls bibimbap". Hmmm, how many chicken in a box and what flavour should I order? He asked himself. "Okayyy, I will order from Kyochon, 1 box of 6 with signature soy garlic, and 1 box of 6 with honey". Then for bibimbap, he ordered from 'Delivery hero' app, 2 sets of bibimbap with beef, "because beef is nutritious for Mrs Cho" Donghae smile to himself. 

Donghae smile thinking about his boss. He was happy that his Mr Cho changed totally after meeting Ms Kim. He used to be a human robot who only knew how to work, work, and work, especially after his father, senior Mr Cho, totally hand over the business to him. He became cold and hardly have social life unless his lawyer friend, Mr Shim, asked him out for a drink, or when that magazine head, Kim Heechul dragged him out for dinner. 

But after his first blind  date with Ms Kim, he changed! For the better and the rest was history! After his marriage, he became a loving husband, he smile more even to his staff, and even knew how to crack jokes!! Both Hyukjae and him were very happily that Ms Kim made their boss very happy and better still, they were expecting their first child! Donghae just hope that this saga of copying design would end soon. He pitied Ms Kim who became a victim of her former team supervisor. He shook his head and continued doing his work. 

Kyuhyun dashed into his house and into his bedroom. Ryeowook was still in pain, holding her tummy and lying sideways. "Ryeong, how's your cramp?" he asked worriedly, sitting on the bed next to her. 

"Better, but still painful. I'm sorry to make you worry. I got up too fast and suddenly I felt sharp pain..." 

Kyuhyun moved and switched his sitting position to be against the pillow and carefully pulled her closer to him. He soothed her hair lovingly and kissed her forehead. He soothed her baby bump which has started to show now that she was in her 9th weeks. 

His poor wife. Their baby must be very active and growing fast but her womb did not expand that fast, so her womb stretch painfully when the baby moved too much. That was what their gynae concluded when they consulted her about her cramps. "I'll carry you to the sofa? Then I'll get you warm water and your pain killers. When the food arrive, we can eat and you can take the vitamins after that". 

"I don't want the painkillers. It doesn't really work..." Ryeowook said while being carried by her husband. 

"Ryeong, it's mild because of your pregnancy. But it is still effective after a while right..?" Kyuhyun said and put her gently on the sofa. 

"Sorry that you have to rush home...I shouldn't have got up..." 

Kyuhyun kissed her. "It's okay. Maybe baby wants to see me earlier..." he chuckled, and soothed her tummy "I can feel your baby bump now.." 

"I wouldn't be able to hide it on Monday, so I have to tell them. As it is, I felt bad that I extended my medical leave"

"I'm okay for them to know , it's better actually, so that they will look after you and watch out for you. Donghae will be there too to be your bodyguard and to observe in case anyone is suspicious and might be Miss Park infoman".

"Donghae - ssi? Are you serious? I don't need a bodyguard..." 

"Yes you need. Miss Park has a gangster brother and I can't let anything happen to you" Kyuhyun kissed her temple. He has asked Shindong to tighten the security of the shoe section as more and more customers flocked to that area. 

Meanwhile, Miss Park visited her brother and seeked his advice on what she should do. Her brother had actually scolded her for being stupid, and said that since it was a  police case, his gangster group cannot interfere. But they could make some havoc at the shopping centre.

"Ok oppa, you go to the shopping centre on Monday and make a scene. Insist that Ms Kim serve you since she claimed that she was the designer. If she say anything, you give her a  slap!" Miss Park said, happy with her scheming and then laughed contentedly.

Now that stupid woman would know who she was messing up with!