The attack

Marriage Certificate

 

Ryeowook loved how her shoes designer range were being displayed. She has rearranged her Dream range so that the most eye catching were displayed near the entrance. Sunny and Tiffany had insisted to help her as they didn't want Ryeowook to get too tired. They were happy for Ryeowook and were very supportive for her shoes design, and now kept teasing her that finally, she put on weight! 

Even this morning before they left their home, Kyuhyun had laughed at her because she couldn't button her work blazer uniform. The girls were allowed to put on their own attire, but with the store's official blazer uniform as the outer jacket, which is dark blue in colour.  He promised to ask Shindong to get a maternity uniform jacket for her, after got pinched by Ryeowook for laughing at her. 

When Kyuhyun sent her this morning to her workplace, instead of going off to his office, he surprised her by asking Shingdong to gather the whole team as he wanted to announce a few things.

"Good morning everyone! I just like to announce 3 things. One of it is, we are expecting our first baby.." and there were loud surprise cheers and clapping from everyone! Everybody started shouting "congrats" and Sunny hugged Ryeowook happily! 

"Thank you thank you, and I hope that you will help Ryeowook, so that I won't worry too much, and also, please remind her to eat some biscuits so that she won't get hunger pangs" and they laughed when Ryeowook playfully punched their boss.

Kyuhyun laughed "Secondly, Ryeowook has completed her casual shoes design and we name it as 'Love by CRW' and the range will be here next month. We will also have staff discount if any of you want to buy these designer shoes for yourself or family, ok" and they were clapping and cheering happily.

"Thirdly, I like to introduce you to Lee Donghae, my official secretary, but for this month, I assigned him to be stationed here to monitor the situation in this store. As you know, Miss Park has created some problem for us, and I got to know that she has a gangster brother, so in case you happen to see suspicious tattooed guys loitering at the shoes area, please alert Mr Lee here, and he would take the necessary action".

"Will do Mr Cho" they said together, and some already started talking about Miss Park among themselves.

Back to present time, they heard Shindong clapped his hand and shouted "Ladies and gentlemen, finalised everything and cleanup your area. We'll open the store in 15 minutes time".

Sunny was concerned that Ryeowook has been standing and walking a lot, so she told Ryeowook "Wookie, you go and  rest, I finish cleaning up this display area. Tiff, can you accompany her?"

"Yes come Wookie. Anyway, your rearrangement is really brilliant! You are really amazing you know!" Tiffany praised her sincerely. "Let's go back to our office, you can rest and munch something, ok. Once the customers starts coming in, it will be chaotic" Tiffany held her arm and gestured her to go with her.

Donghae off his phone and stepped forward "Mrs Cho, later can you check Mr Cho's message? He's having a meeting now, but he said that he will check his phone in case you reply him" Donghae told Ryeowook.

Ryeowook checked her blazer pocket "Ohhh.., my phone is in my handbag! Okay, I will check his text and reply him. Thank you Donghae-ssi" she bowed slightly and smile at Donghae. 

Donghae smile at both ladies, making Tiffany fangirling quietly as Donghae was so handsome. This guy looked so good in his gray suit. How come the people from Mr Cho's team were all so handsome!! 

Tiffany left Ryeowook in their office after getting her a cup of warm water and biscuits. Ryeowook thanked her and took out her phone to check her overly-worried husband's text. 

"How are you so far? And, don't stand too long! Later if any suspicious guys loiter around, please go back to the office and stay there, okay. And my meeting might end late, so I will arrive there late for our lunch. Eat some biscuits first"

Ryeowook smile. She touched her tummy "Baby, your daddy is so cute.  So worried about us. Mummy is working today so you be good okay"

She replied his text with "Ok" and clicked send. She barely started eating her biscuits when Kyuhyun sent another text. 

"I wrote so long and you only replied with an 'ok'?" and he put in angry emoticon. 

"Oops, sorry daddy, baby is hungry and wants to eat biscuits. And I thought you are having meeting, so I keep it short" and she added smiling emoticons. 

"Are you having hunger pangs? Are you in the office and sitting down?" 

"Yes... But I'm fine Kyu, don't worry too much" 

Kyuhyun stared at his phone. He was so worried when Ryeong didn't reply his text that he has to call Donghae, and he found out that she was rearranging the designer shoes! No wonder she was feeling  tired now. 

"Mr Cho, shall I go on?" Siwon was asking him, as the boss was so quiet. 

Kyuhyun looked up and realised that his staff were all looking at him. "Sorry Siwon, please go on... err.. wait, can you go back to the market fluctuation slide?" 

"Here it is, Mr Cho" Siwon clicked back 2 slides earlier. 

He focus back on the slide "Why was there a dip in property fees last month?" 

Siwon explained about the drop in property market and that he has adjusted the fee back this month. They discussed more on the property fee and the meeting stretched till 1pm.

Kyuhyun ended the meeting and looked at his watch. He told Hyukjae to go with him to the shopping centre office and be ready in 5 minutes time. He then rushed out and packed his laptop. 

Ryeowook and the girls were all busy serving the customers. She couldn't believe that her designer shoe sales were so good since the store opening, eventhough it was a Monday. Donghae helped her to run around  taking new shoe size, put them into boxes and carried them to the cashier, making Ryeowook appreciate him a lot. Shindong came down to help too, especially it was getting crowded around 12noon.

A male customer in a black suit was asking Tiffany her opinion to get a shoe for his girlfriend. He then asked about the designer itself, and wanted to congratulate her after Tiffany told him that it was their own in-house designer. He then insisted that Tiffany called the designer, but sensing that something was not right, Tiffany apologised and said that the designer was not available now.  

Ryeowook was actually next to Tiffany, putting back a shoe which a customer had paid after trying the display one earlier, and she signalled to Donghae for help who happened to look at her direction. 

"Good afternoon, do you need any help?" Donghae bowed slightly and smile at the guy. 

"I don't need your help! I only asked her to call the designer as I wanted to congratulate her!" the guy in the black suit told Donghae rudely. 

Sunny quickly walked towards Ryeowook and held her hand to stop her from moving towards Tiffany. Sunny also sensed that this guy might create trouble as he wasn't really interested to buy the shoes. 

Before Ryeowook and Sunny turned to walk to the office, suddenly the guy in black suit raised his voice and argued with Donghae. Sunny signalled to Shindong to call security, who quickly took out his handphone. 

"You there! You are the designer right? How dare you all disrespect me as a customer, huh???" the guy looked at Ryeowook's direction. 

"Sir, can you step out and leave? You are scaring other customers" Donghae said, still trying to be polite. 

When Ryeowook started moving away with Sunny, suddenly the guy punched Donghae, pushed Tiffany aside and rushed in to grab Ryeowook's hand. Ryeowook got a shock and Sunny screamed "let her go!!" 

The guy took out a small knife but before he aimed at Ryeowook, Donghae grabbed his neck and pulled him back. The guy was pulled backwards but he still managed to stab his knife at Ryeowook's hand. 2 security guards rushed in and pinned down the guy, and they heard police car siren. Apparently Shindong had called the police too. 

Ryeowook face became pale seeing blood started oozing out from her wound. She had earlier removed her blazer as she was feeling warm, and she regretted it now. Sunny was shouting for her colleagues to call ambulance and held Ryeowook tighter, and using her clean handkerchief, she applied pressure on the wound. By now Ryeowook started to feel the pain and she felt like fainting. 

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had just came out from the lift when they heard the loud shouting. Looking at each other, they started running towards the shoes area. Kyuhyun heart was practically beating out loud as he became so worried for Ryeowook. 

He saw 2 security officers dragged out a guy in black suit and 3 police were running in. Kyuhyun saw Donghae's face were bruised and frantically asked where Ryeowook was. 

Shindong quickly stepped forward and said "Mr Cho, that guy stabbed Mrs Cho's arm. She's there with Sunny. The ambulance is on the way" he pointed to the sofa near to the cashier. After the last customer has paid, he has closed off the shoes area so that the police could investigate later. 

Kyuhyun quickly rushed in. His heart nearly stopped when he saw his beloved wife's right hand was bleeding badly. Ryeowook was on Sunny's lap and she was holding Ryeowook's arm. He removed his necktie and on his knees, asked Sunny to continue pressing the wound while he tied his necktie around the wound. 

Sunny told him what happened, and when Ryeowook hissed in pain, Kyuhyun said "Ryeong, I'm here. Just hold on okay, we need to put pressure on your wound to stop the blood flow. Just stay with me, don't sleep, stay with me" he kept calling Ryeowook. After he tied the wound, he carefully lifted Ryeowook and when Sunny stood up, he sat and cradle Ryeowook in his arm. 

"Kyu...." 

"Shhhh.... you'll be okay. Just hold on.  How's your tummy? Isit painful?" 

Ryeowook slowly shook her head "My arm, I feel numb...." 

"You lost a lot of blood. Just stay with me okay. The ambulance will be here soon" and as he said, he could hear the ambulance siren. He turned to look at Donghae who was bruised, and Hyukjae was dabbing his injuries with a medical clothed handed to him by Shindong. He was thankful that Donghae was here but sad that he was injured too. 

"Mr Cho, the ambulance is here. Donghae-ssi, you should go to the hospital too, there are 2 ambulance" Shindong told them. 

"Yes Hae, let's go to the hospital to make sure you are okay. I'll accompany you" Hyukjae told him. Donghae took a deep breath and nodded. 

While the paramedics put Ryeowook on a stretcher, sunny handed Ryeowook's handbag to Kyuhyun. He thanked her and turned to Shindong "You can handle the police and the things here?". 

"Yes Mr Cho, I'll take care of things here, don't wory. We have the security cameras, and we will make a full report to the police. 

Kyuhyun thanked him and told the other team of paramedics to check on Donghae and to send him to the hospital too. He climbed up the ambulance, sat next to Ryeowook and held her hand. He told the paramedic guy what happened and that his wife was pregnant, so that the paramedic could take note. 

"Kyu..." 

"Yes Ryeong, I'm here..." 

"That that...guy.... it's Miss Park's brother. When... when.. he grabbed my hand, I... I... can see his facial expression, it's the same as her..." 

"I guess as much. Anyway, the police had taken him to the police station. Shindong will do a full police report... you don't worry too much okay" Kyuhyun kissed her hand. 

Once they reached the hospital Ryeowook was rushed in and her wound was cleaned for the doctor to assess how deep was her injury. They have been told of her pregnancy condition, so an x-ray was ruled out in case it would harm the baby. Kyuhyun called her gynae too, to inform about her condition. 

While Ryeowook was moved to a ward, Kyuhyun received a call from Shindong, and he walked out to the lift lobby to answer the call. 

"Mr Cho, Miss Park's brother..." 

"Yes, what about him?  I want to press charges, let both of them, brother and sister rot in jail!!" 

"He was shot!" 

"What??!!" 

"I think the gangster tribe must have followed the police car, and when the police led him out of the car, he was shot. He died on the spot!" 

Kyuhyun was speechless.. 

 

​​​​​