Worried

Marriage Certificate

 

Kyuhyun went back to work the day after he landed back in Seoul. He told Donghae that Ryeowook had stayed back in New York to rest and he would fly back there to fetch her in 2 weeks time.

"Wow, he would surely missed his wife. I will text Mrs Cho later to ask how she is" Donghae said to himself.

Even Hyukjae and Shindong were surprised too that their boss came back alone. And worst still, he was back to his cold old ways. 

There was a meeting at the shopping centre's office in the afternoon, so Kyuhyun went over right after his lunch.

As he walked past the shoes section, he looked with longing at those shoes range that were designed by his wife. It was only 3 days but he was already missing her terribly. Talking to her over the phone last night, Seoul time, wasn't helping at all to ease his pain. He sighed. Why was he like this? He knew that Ryeowook has become an important part of his life but he didn't expect that without having her by his side, it would be this bad. 

"Mr Cho, the fabric supplier, Ms Seo, will be slightly late. She just text me to apologise" Hyukjae bowed and interrupted his thoughts when they met at the lift lobby. Hyukjae was here earlier to attend the supervisor group meeting with Shindong.

"I see, okay, we'll go to the meeting room first, then" Kyuhyun said and stepped inside the lift.

Hyukjae noticed that his boss was  looking sad and down. He must be thinking of his wife as we walked pass the shoes section. Hyukjae need to think of something fast, to divert his boss mind.

"Mr Cho, the invitation for corporate leaders is confirmed to be this Friday. It will be held at The Westin Chosun".

"Okay. Can you ask Hae to put that into my calendar?"

"Sure Mr Cho. We need to revert with our attendance, as we received 3 slots"

"You and Siwon then. Can you inform siwon? What time we have to be there?"

Hyukjae checked his email again as they reached the meeting room "It's 7pm and attire is formal suits". 

"Okay"

And that was it. Kyuhyun was quiet again. Hyukjae was at a loss for words, so he busied himself by testing the projector, took several bottles of mineral water and placed them on the table, and gave a bottle to Kyuhyun.

Ms Seo came in with two of her team. "Sorry that we are late, we got stuck in a jam" she put her laptop and smile at them. She walked to Kyuhyun and said. "Hi, I'm Seo Juhyun, and you can call me Seohyun. My friends call me that" she smile sweetly, offering her hand to Kyuhyun. 

"I'm not your friend. Nice to meet you, Ms Seo" he got up briefly and accepted her hand.

Seohyun was taken aback by his coldness, but recovered herself fast and introduced her two staff.

"Let's start the meeting" Kyuhyun went straight to the point. And throughout the meeting, Ms Seo tried to sell herself more than selling her fabric, which irritates Kyuhyun more, so he finally stood up and said "I've heard enough. If we decide to choose you as our fabric supplier, we will contact you. You may leave now" he said and walked out from the room first. 

Hyukjae off the projector, and said "Ms Seo, like what my boss said, we will contact you if your company is selected. You can leave your samples here. Thank you for coming" Hyukjae stood up, gave a slight bowed, and gestured towards the door. 

Kyuhyun sat at his room with an annoyed mood. What kind of supplier does she think she is? He said angrily. 

His phone rang, and it showed Heechul's name. "Hi hyung" 

"KimKyu! Hae said that you are back. How's Wook?" 

"Hyung, she stayed back in New York with my parents... " 

"What? Why? Is she alright?" Heechul asked confusedly. "Okay okay why not we meet for a drink and you tell me about it? You sound as though you need one" 

Kyuhyun sighed. Only Heechul knows him best. "Yeah, why not? But hyung, can you come over my home? I rather go home than go to clubs" 

Heechul smile. Kyuhyun truly changed after his marriage and would always go straight home after work. "No problem, I come over with wine. 7pm?"

"Yup okay. Thanks, hyung" 

Hyukjae knocked and went into Kyuhyun's room. "Mr Cho, do you want to see the fabric samples? Or should I pass them to Shindong?" 

Kyuhyun off his phone and their wedding photo with Ryeowook's face appeared on his wallpaper. He looked up at Hyukjae. "Can I have a look?" 

Hyukjae stepped towards his desk and bowed slightly while placing the samples. The samples were actually good but he didn't like Ms Seo's attitude. "Hyuk, there are 2 other fabric suppliers, can get Hae to arrange to meet us? We can compare and decide then"

"Sure, Mr Cho" Hyukjae said, taking back the samples and bowed before leaving. His boss was somewhat less colder now, maybe after that phone call, whoever it was. It can't be Mrs Cho, because New York was still sleeping time.

Heechul arrived at Kyuhyun's penthouse just after Kyuhyun finished his shower, so when he opened the door, Kyuhyun's hair was still wet and ruffled.

"Come in hyung and sit. Just give me 5 minutes" Kyuhyun said and walked back to his bedroom.

"The house is really quiet without Wook. No wonder that brat misses her like crazy..." Heechul said to himself, shaking his head. He saw pizza boxes on the dining table, so he put his wine bottle there. He washed his hand and took plates and wine glasses from the cabinet rack, and took 2 mugs to pour warm plain water. 

Kyuhyun thanked him and they sat down to eat the pizza. Heechul noticed that the pizza was Wook's favourite.

"I remembered you like pepperoni and sausage. But you ordered Hawaiian" Heechul laughed. "You missed her that much?"

Kyuhyun chuckled "Maybe it became my default whenever I ordered pizza. Hawaiian is nice too"

"Yup" Heechul agreed. "So, is she alright? She was advised to rest and can't fly back?"

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and told Heechul about the cruise, what happened after that, and the doctor's advice. "Frankly speaking, I rather she rest here because I can take care of her..."

"The long flight might affect the baby at that moment. Just be thankful that she is okay and with your parents"

"I am. But I don't understand myself, hyung. Why am I like this? I know she's in safe hands but I'm so miserable here..."

Heechul opened his wine bottle and poured into the 2 wine glasses. "You are so deeply in love with her, that's why. Just think that in two weeks time, she will be by your side"

Kyuhyun was quiet. He sipped his wine and looked down.

"Let's call her. Put her on speaker"

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. It's still early in New York but Ryeong should be up. He texted her first to see if she reply. "Ohh great, she's up already, hyung". And he use his ipad to call using video call.

"Morning love, why are you up so early?" 

"I threw up just now, so might as well I took my shower" Ryeowook said smiling, and look at the table clock "Have you eat dinner?" 

"Eating now, your favourite pizza! Guess who's with me?"

"Who..?" 

Kyuhyun put his ipad on the table so that Heechul is now visible. 

"Ohhh, Hee-babe!! You are there?" Ryeowook said happily 

"Hi babe!! How are you? I'm here to accompany your love-sick husband!" and he laughed when Kyuhyun threw a serviette at him. 

Ryeowook giggled "I'm okay, just tired" And she looked at Kyuhyun "Kyu, baby has been moving the whole night. He missed you more, I think" 

"Wook, put your phone near your tummy... and Kyu, go and talk to your baby" Heechul teased them. 

Kyuhyun chuckled and when his wife used her hand to guess where their baby was and held her phone there, he brought his ipad nearer and said "Heyy baby, do you missed daddy? Daddy will see you again in 2 weeks time okay. So, be good to mummy and behave. I love you, baby" and he french-kiss his baby. 

Ryeowook giggled and placed back her phone in front of her "Kyu, i need to help ommonim to prepare breakfast. After that, abunim wanted to show my designs to his friend in Nike New York, so I will go with him. I'll text you later about that... " 

"Wow that's great Ryeong! I'm so proud of you!!" Kyuhyun was genuinely happy for his wife and would text his dad later to thank him. 

"Okay okay, before you off your phone Wook, if you two want to say mushy-mushy things, just go ahead, don't mind me..." Heechul teased them, and took another slice of pizza to show that he's minding his own business! 

Kyuhyun laughed and turned to his wife "You take care okay, stay close to appa and don't wonder around. I miss you, Ryeong..." 

"I miss you too, Kyu. Can't wait for you to be here" 

"I love you..." Kyuhyun smile lovingly at her. 

"I love you. Bye..." Ryeowook waved and smile sweetly, and off her phone. 

Kyuhyun took deep breath and off his ipad. He forwarded his dad's number to Ryeowook, and texted her to save that number, just in case she lost him, and Ryeowook replied okay and had saved the number. 

"Don't worry too much. It's also a blessing in disguise that she has a chance to get closer to your parents right? Wook is a nice girl and will grab this opportunity to show to your parents that she's a good wife to you" 

"Yeah, you are right, hyung. My parents do like her a lot, especially my mum. I'm happy that they accepted her well" 

"See? I got the right girl for you!!" 

"Ahhh hyung, I've already liked her and you just happened to show me the same person that I like!" 

"And you just fell in love and there were no turning back!" Heechul laughed. 

Kyuhyun laughed too. That's right, he had fallen in love with Ryeowook at first sight and fell very deeply thereafter. And he was so thankful that she accepted him and loved him back wholeheartedly. He looked up at Heechul "Thanks hyung, I feel so much better now..." he smiled appreciatively at Heechul. "Let's sit at the balcony and enjoy the wine?" he gestured towards his balcony which overlooking the city. Heechul helped Kyuhyun to pack and throw the pizza boxes, and then they sat at the balcony to enjoy their wine. 

They talked about business and Heechul told him that he's flying to LA to attend a Fashion Show organised by his magazine's parent company and would stay there for 3 days before flying back. Kyuhyun gave him a thumbs up, saying that he was a good magazine editor, that's why he got to attend such a high profile show. 

Over the next few days, Kyuhyun was busy managing office matters and managed to settle the acquisition issues that Siwon had difficulties earlier, but the negotiations with the owner for settlement took longer than expected. He had no choice but to use legal way because the owner was a difficult man. Kyuhyun called up Changmin and engaged his lawfirm to handle the settlement negotiations for him. 

On Saturday, Kyuhyun invited Changmin and Heechul over for lunch at his penthouse and he ordered Japanese spread. 

They started eating when Changmin remembered something "Heyy Kyu, I have some bad news. The settlement contract will need another week to be ready because the land was not in the owner's name. It was his grandpa's, so I need him to transfer the ownership to his name first. He agreed but he can only do it this Friday" Changmin told him. 

"What?? But I need to fly back to New York, I don't want to delay fetching Ryeong..." 

"Can you delay it by another week? I need your signature, Kyu. You know all these legal papers, they don't allow digital signatures or fax copies..."

"I... I promised her that I will be back to New York next week to fetch her back..." Kyuhyun said sadly. To delay by another week means that he would suffer another week of missing her. 

"I know, and I'm sorry about this, but this is something unexpected. And if we don't have your signature, the owner might just decide to settle with another buyer..." 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and sigh. It's between business and his private life. Both are equally important to him though his priorities would always be Ryeowook. 

Seeing Kyuhyun's troubled face, Heechul interrupted "Wait a minute, wait a minute, relax ok" he put up his palm to hold the conversation. "KimKyu, I told you that I'm flying to LA, right? I can always extend my stay and fly to New York to meet Wook, and fly back with her.  I will take care of her, so you don't have to fly there next week. How about that?" 

Kyuhyun looked up "Hyung, I don't want to trouble you..." 

"It's really no trouble and Wook is okay with me coz we are like siblings. She will definitely tell me if she's in pain, so you don't have to worry" Heechul told him "So, sounds good?" 

"Hyung, it's the best solution!" Changmin high-five with Heechul. "Kyu, okay with you?" 

"He misses his wife to death, and even if I fetch his wife, means that he won't get to see her for another 2 more days...." Heechul acted as though he was whispering to Changmin by putting his hand to block it from Kyuhyun, but it was loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear! 

"Hyung, I trust you that Ryeong will be safe with you, it's just that...." Kyuhyun didn't know how to tell them that he prefers to bring back his wife himself. 

"Wook will understand that you need to settle your office matters. She won't blame you..." Heechul told him. He knew Ryeowook well and he knew that she will understand her husband's situation. 

"I..." Kyuhyun sighed. "Okay okay, I'll go with your plan...."

"Great! I'm flying to LA on Monday and will be there for 3 days, so l'll  book a flight from LA to New York to be on Friday morning. That means I'll be in New York on Friday afternoon. I'll do the bookings tonight and let you know, then we can decide on the flight back from New York to Seoul. You discuss with Wook first" 

"Okay, thanks hyung!!" Kyuhyun finally smile. 

"Great! Hyung, you always have a solution for everything!!" Changmin gave him a thumbs up. 

"That's why you two need a friend like me..." Heechul laughed, followed by the two of them. 

That night, Kyuhyun called Ryeowook and explain to her about everything. 

"Ohhh Hee-babe will be here?!! Oh great!!!" 

Kyuhyun feigned annoyance to tease his wife "You prefer Heechul-hyung's company than me?" 

"What? Of course not, Kyu! For a minute I thought I'll be flying back alone, so when you told me..."

Kyuhyun laughed "I know, I was just teasing you". Can I call you back in video mode? I missed you..."

"I'm in my bathrobe.  Sorry, I just finish bathing"

"Better still, I can see you fresh from shower!" and he off his phone and grab his ipad to call her in video mode to her ipad. 

"Kyu! You are so fast! I thought I still have time to put on a shirt!" Ryeowook laughed. 

"Put your ipad on the side table and stand slightly further. I want to see you with your tummy... " 

"No! What if ommonim open our bedroom door?!!" 

"You didn't locked the door?" 

"No...." Ryeowook laughed. Ryeowook walked to the door to lock it. Her mother-in-law was probably still bathing. 

"Ryeong...?" Kyuhyun called out because he couldn't see her on the screen. 

"I went to lock the door" and before long, she appeared again on the screen.  She opened her robe at her tummy area to reveal her tummy. At 6 months pregnancy, her tummy was already big. 

"Ohh Ryeong, I wish I can hug you now. I want to touch your tummy, I want to kiss it, and I want to kiss you. I want you so badly... I missed you so much..." Kyuhyun said sadly. 

"I miss you too.... one more week Kyu..." Ryeowook said sadly too. Being away from Kyuhyun made her realised how much she loves him and how much he meant to her. 

"I'll send you all the flight details once I have it okay. I call you again tomorrow?" 

"Yes, okay. I better get ready to help ommonim. Love you Kyu! Bye!" she gave him a french kiss and waved. 

"Bye Ryeong. I love you" and he gestured a kiss too and waved back until Ryeowook off her ipad connection. 

Before Heechul left, he called Kyuhyun to inform him his flight details from LA to New York, and both of them settled the flight home from New York to Seoul. 

"I'll hug Wook for you!" Heechul said, teasing Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Okay just hug, no kissing" and they both laughed, and Kyuhyun wished him a pleasant journey to LA. 

He has informed his parents too that Heechul would be flying to New York to fetch Ryeowook as he still need to settle work matters here. His mother had nagged at him for being too workaholic and prioritised his work. Kyuhyun denied strongly "Omma, I'm not. Ryeong is more important, but I just couldn't leave because of the warehouse acquisition" 

His mother still nagged at him nevertheless but his father praised him for making the right decision. 

His happy day finally arrived. His wife and Heechul-hyung flight was scheduled to arrive at Incheon in an hour's time and Kyuhyun was already at the airport. 

But he kept seeing flight delay flashing on the board for a lot of flights due to thunderstorm at Pacific Ocean. "Ohhh God, please let my wife arrive safely" Kyuhyun prayed continuously, and hoping that his wife could brave the storm outside the flight. 

He became worried as his wife was scared of storm and he wasn't there to hold her and to calm her down. 

In one of the monitors, the news reported a plane crash near to one of the islands in Hawaii. His heart was thumping so loudly that he was sure the ahjuma seated two seats away could hear it! 

When the news mentioned that they plane that crashed was from New York, he nearly fainted with worry!