Name

Mannequin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae keeps meeting his mannequin. It only stays alive for a short time. Conversations are also short.

But Donghae is more excited every day. For that little time. He gets to see the beautiful mannequin in motion. Alive. With its soft skin. Voice. Expressions. It's such an adorable being.

He has adjusted his own days. Donghae tries to sleep in. Start work later. So that he can stay awake longer. But it has been the same. He falls asleep. The mannequin wakes him.

Donghae continues to include notes saying, please wake me!

He also makes sure there's food. The way the mannequin's eyes shine at food... makes Donghae's heart full. So he prepares enough to make its tummy full.

The mannequin remains interesting. It has little talk. It inquires about the different things Donghae says. Or gives it. The mannequin apologizes because it doesn't remember much.

Donghae starts to notice, too. That it stays alive longer. He's been timing it. Since the time the mannequin wakes him... to when it moves to its place. To turn frozen again.

Slowly, the mannequin's greetings change. It has bigger smiles. Less hesitancy. Fear.

Donghae adores every kiss that he gets.

 

---

 

"This one is called... an avocado, right?" the mannequin asks. Pulls out a slice from the sandwich.

"Yes, you're right!"

The mannequin nods. Throws the piece on the plate. Makes a face.

"Yes. I remember. I hate it."

Donghae disappointedly eats it himself.

 

---

 

He sees the mannequin shiver one day. It takes a seat at the kitchen table. Its cute eyes remain on the food Donghae spread out.

"Wait a minute," Donghae says.

He runs to grab a sweater from his closet. He thinks maybe he should ask. If the mannequin wants to change clothes.  Someday.

The mannequin stands when Donghae holds out the sweater. It pushes its fluffy head out of its neck. Smiles as Donghae pulls it down. It wiggles its fingers out of the long sleeves.

"Warm?" Donghae says.

"Yes. Thank you."

"You are welcome." Donghae gently fixes the ruffled black hair. "You're so cute. Eat everything, okay?"

 

The mannequin comes to him. After it's finished eating. It sits across from Donghae on the floor.

Donghae has been working on the coffee table. He doesn't want to disrupt the mannequin's eating. He also finds it too cute when it's munching away. He gets the urge to pinch its cheeks. Ask questions. But then the mannequin could be left hungry.

"Donghae," the mannequin says. Softly. It's face is in its pretty hands. "Do you have some of that... red fruit? It's juicy? Sweet and... a little sour? It has small... seeds on the outside?"

Donghae stops his drawing. The mannequin's eyes are so hopeful. He's nearly drooling.

"You mean strawberries?"

"Yes!" it says loudly. "I tried all the food in the fridge and it doesn't taste like that."

"You tried all the food? How did you try all the food?"

"I took a bite out of... all the food..."

Donghae's laughing too much. He puts down his black brush before he makes a mess.

"God, you're so funny!"

The mannequin sits back. Its cheeks get pink. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay! I guess I need to get strawberries. I'll have to go tomorrow morning. So just wait a little, okay?"

The mannequin nods. "Yes, I remember. I understand. You have to go to the outside and give... money? Money! To buy things. Is that correct?"

Donghae smiles. "Yes. You're remembering more and more each day, aren't you?"

The mannequin smiles. It's that bright gummy smile.

"Because you give me more love," it says. "Thank you." And it leans forward to kiss Donghae. Once. Then twice. "For the sweater."

Donghae sighs at the feel of those lips. He's gotten so used to them. He likes them too much. He's been tempted more and more. To hold the cute doll in place. To kiss back.

But it has very little memories and knowledge. He's not sure if it's okay. It's only been a week. The mannequin stays around for thirty minutes usually.

Tonight... it's been fifteen so far.

"Do you like when I kiss you?" the mannequin says.

Donghae blinks out of his thoughts. The beautiful creature's gazing at him. Its head's tilted. Donghae feels his cheeks burn.

"Um... y-yes? Yes."

Mannequin smiles. "Okay. You looked just like that girl."

"W-What?"

The doll gets up. Moves gracefully to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter