Sangchul

Mannequin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hello, Donghae."

"Hi, Leeteuk. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Hey, so... I got to see my grandmother and... I  wanted to tell you."

Donghae puts his pencil down. Switches his phone. To the other ear. "Yeah?"

"I mentioned the mannequin to her, asking her where she'd gotten it. Her... reaction was... strange, to be honest."

"Strange?"

"I feel bad. Maybe she doesn't have good memories of it. If she understood what I was asking, anyway."

"Why?"

"I've told you before, she hasn't been too well... for years. She keeps getting worse due to her age, which is why she has to stay with my parents now. I asked her if she remembered the mannequin in her attic. She got mad... and confusing. She said something about a... Hyukjae? Maybe that's the maker?"

Donghae's staring wide eyed ahead.

"Hello? Donghae?"

"Y-Yeah. N-Nothing else?"

"Sorry, no," Leeteuk says. "Mom wasn't happy that I upset her, so I had to leave. I'm not sure I can get you more information than that, Donghae."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah. T-that's okay. Fine. Thanks, Teuk."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm great! Thanks! Bye, I've got some drawings to finish!"

Donghae ends the call. Gulps.

So Hyukjae... could've turned human before. It had to be for enough time... for someone to know his name. For him to tell them his name.

Or... was he human? That turned mannequin?

Donghae feels apprehensive. Scared. Actually. Because Hyukjae first told Donghae about fear. Hurt.

What had happened?

Is Leeteuk's grandmother... that she?

What happened that made Hyukjae mannequin? Or turned him to mannequin? Then stuck? In an attic? Till he was brought to Donghae?

He shakes his head. Donghae has just a few hours. Hyukjae will turn human soon. Donghae wants to see its face. He'll be waking up in Donghae's bed.

 

----

 

Last night... Hyukjae didn't turn statue for two hours after he fell asleep. Donghae was worried. Uncertain of what to do.

He also thought it wasn't okay. For Hyukjae to not be mannequin. But to sleep in the same bed... with Donghae.

Because Donghae.. dreams about him too often.

But then Hyukjae did turn mannequin. His breath stopped. Donghae was able to relax. Fall asleep.

It would've driven him crazy. To see his pretty face. His body curled under the covers. For Donghae to feel his warmth. Breathe his scent.

Donghae had rolled far. On his side.

But couldn't... not face him.

 

----

 

An hour and half later... Donghae puts away his drawings.

He keeps the scenes that need details. The not rated scenes. Obviously. He puts them in a folder. On the table. He'll work on them while Hyukjae reads.

Then he dusts his clothes. Eraser bits fall off him. He walks to his bedroom. Slips into his bed. Curls towards the mannequin.

He waits. Smiles...

 

The mannequin's breathing comes back. His eyes are still closed. Donghae touches his soft cheek. It's warm. Hyukjae's eyelids move.

The mannequin looks at him. His eyes are cute from sleep. A smile appears.

"Donghae--" Hyukjae's startled. He blinks. His fingers go to his mouth. He slowly sits up. "Donghae... m-my voice..."

"It's just from sleep. It'll go back to normal."

"Does yours get like that too?"

"Yeah."

"But it sounds the same to me..."

"Oh, I didn't just wake up."

"Oh."

Hyukjae glances at the bed. At the room. At him. Then he smiles again.

"I slept in your bed?"

"Yes, you did."

"I don't think I've ever slept before."

"How do you like it?"

"I don't know. I think I feel tired. But not like... was it yesterday?"

"Yes."

Hyukjae suddenly yawns. Donghae laughs. His face's adorable. His eyes got watery. Hyukjae blushes from his laughter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter