I'll Be Damned.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I'll Be Damned.

 

 

Following her outburst in the music room which had most likely traumatised Jaebum and Jinyoung for life, Hayoon forced herself to calm down with Baekhyun’s help. After much contemplation, the two agreed that Soojung deserved to be kept up-to-date, and thus they decided to postpone ambushing Seolhyun’s place to after talking with Soojung.

 

Early next morning, Hayoon was outside Soojung’s room, her eye-bags sagging after a sleepless night. She had convinced Baekhyun to meet with them at the address directly because she wanted to have a private talk with Soojung first.

 

Letting herself into the room, Hayoon took a deep breath as she readied herself to recount what Jaebum had told her the day before.

 

Needless to say, Soojung did not take the information well. Hands gripping tightly on her knees, the girl let out a wail of frustration before slamming her hand against the wall, her chest rising and falling.

 

“I feel like I dragged you into a horrible mess,” Soojung mumbled, unable to meet Hayoon’s eyes.

 

“You’ve done nothing wrong.” Hayoon comforted the girl.

 

“But I suspected,” taking a deep breath Soojung continued. “I suspected that Yeol meant to you as more than just a friend. That’s why I tried so hard to push him away. I just thought, maybe if I pushed him hard enough, he’d realise that he had someone else patiently waiting there for him.”

 

Stumbling onto the ground, Soojung looked at Hayoon, her eyes screaming silent apologies at the girl.

 

“But the heart must have what it desires,” Hayoon whispered.

 

“But what about your heart’s desires?”

 

Lowering herself to Soojung’s eye-level, Hayoon gave her a bittersweet smile.

 

“I guess I kinda dug my own grave huh?” Letting out a soulless chuckle, Hayoon’s gaze hardened. “I’m not sure how to feel about the whole situation right now, but I do know that what Yeol did was wrong. I gave my blessings because I trusted that you’d bring him happiness and he’d make you the luckiest girl in the world.”

 

Hearing that, Soojung wore a bitter smile.

 

“You’re too good of a friend.”

 

“I’ve been hearing that a lot.” Standing back up, Hayoon held her hand out towards the girl. “Ready for some closure? Or an attempt to at least?”

 

“You have her address?” Soojung muttered, taking Hayoon’s hand.

 

“Yes.” Nodding, Hayoon gently rubbed Soojung’s shoulder. “Baek is waiting for us near there”

 

 

 

Soon they were marching towards Seolhyon’s place with Baekhyun. Soojung had a newfound confidence in her gait, her eyes blazing with fury. They had made sure to time their ambush at an early hour, certain that neither Chanyeol nor Seolhyun would have left for class yet. Ringing the doorbell, Soojung tapped her foot against the floor while waiting for the door to open.

 

“What the hell?” Came Seolhyon’s voice when she opened the door at the unexpected visitors. “What on earth are you doing here?”

 

“Where’s Yeol?” Soojung demanded, her eyes searching the room behind Seolhyon.

 

“Leave now. You are not welcome here.”

 

“Well tough luck because I’m not going anywhere until I see him, and you are welcome to stay but I can’t promise that your pretty face will leave unscathed,” Soojung sneered at the girl.

 

Taking a few steps back, Seolhyon reached for her jacket, pulling it over her pyjamas. The girl then pushed her way out of the flat, grunting under her breath and purposely bumping her shoulders against Soojung and Hayoon.

 

“Suit yourself. If he still wants you that is.”

 

Hearing this, Baekhyun held back the temptation to hit the girl.

 

Entering Seolhyun’s flat, Hayoon’s eyes roamed the place. It was a studio flat, a small kitchen in one corner, and a large unmade bed sitting at the centre, traces of two people having slept in it. At the sight, Soojung’s determination faltered, a wave of pain slapping her across the chest. Holding onto Hayoon’s hand, Soojung searched the room for Chanyeol.

 

Like on queue, the door of the bathroom opened, revealing a topless Chanyeol, his hair still a mess from having just woken up. Eyes wide, he froze in position, not ready for what he was about to face.

 

“Where’s Seolhyun?”

 

“Don’t you dare mention her now,” Soojung muttered coldly.

 

Letting go of Hayoon’s hand, Soojung walked towards the male. Baekhyun and Hayoon had braced themselves for a shouting match, or a loud slap. However, Soojung had surprisingly maintained her composure. Her erratic breathing gave away that she was far from being calm. However there was a hint of weakness in her eyes as she searched the male’s face for any sign that it was all just a lie. Despite everything, she was still holding onto a minuscule molecule of hope.

 

“Please tell me it’s all a misunderstanding,” the girl whispered.

 

Lowering his gaze, Chanyeol shuffled his feet uncomfortably.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

His voice too, was barely above a whisper.

 

“Don’t.” Soojung shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. “Don’t you dare apologise. Just tell me the truth.”

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol rasped, his eyes focused on Soojung again. “I love you Soojung, I really do. But spending time with Seolhyun, it just feels so right.”

 

Something in Soojung broke, the desperate attempt she made to pick herself up again failed.

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

At that point Hayoon and Baekhyun had approached the couple, weary of the possibility of Soojung breaking down then and there.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

That was the last straw as Soojung slapped Chanyeol before falling onto the ground. Baekhyun rushed forward, hugging the girl as she broke down in tears. Hayoon too crouched down to hug the girl, but a pair of strong arms prevented her from doing so.

 

Dragging her aside, Chanyeol gripped tightly onto the girl’s shoulders, staring in her eyes.

 

“Hayoon, please believe me. I didn’t mean to hurt Soojung.”

 

He desperately clung onto Hayoon, his eyes searching for comfort and reassurance.

 

“But you did hurt her,” Hayoon whispered. “And you hurt Baek, and you hurt me.”

 

Lifting her hands, Hayoon tried to push the male away, but Chanyeol refused to budge, his grip only tightening.

 

“Please don’t leave me Hayoon,” Chanyeol begged. “I need you.”

 

“Let me go.”

 

“I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter