Turning the Page.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Turning the Page.

 

 

“I can't breathe in this,” Soojung complained as she tugged on her dress.

 

“Just it up,” Baekhyun retorted. “Tis’ for the sake of art!”

 

“I swear, I’m never doing anything associated with Shakespeare again after this is over.”

 

Soojung and Baekhyun were having their final costume fitting and the poor girl had been complaining about performing Romeo and Juliet ever since they first picked the scene to perform for the interdepartmental performance. However, Soojung stayed true to her words as she had after all lost to Baekhyun in their bet.

 

“I'm sure you won't have any reason to after tonight,” Baekhyun replied in a soft whisper.

 

The male knew that after tonight Soojung would most likely fully distance herself from both him and Hayoon, and the way Soojung looked away from him upon hearing his response simply confirmed the fact. He knew that this was Soojung’s parting gift to him.

 

“Are you sure about this though?” Baekhyun whispered, his gaze falling to his feet. “We can still change if you want.”

 

“For the umpteenth time Baek,” Soojung exhaled. “We are going to perform this and that’s final.”

 

“But we can choose a different scene at the very least,” Baekhyun persisted. “It doesn’t have to be the ballroom scene.”

 

Sitting at a corner, Hayoon silently stared at the two, unsure of whether she should intervene. Ironically, when their professor heard that they wished to perform something by Shakespeare, he assigned them the ballroom scene from Romeo and Juliet. Baekhyun tried to protest, for he feared that it would be a slap in the face for Soojung as it would bring back too many memories of the summer extravaganza, serving as a bitter reminder of the false happiness that she experienced that evening.

 

“It’s my own way of finding my closure Baek,” Soojung muttered. “The more I suffer now the more I’ll be ok with moving on and shutting the door on this chapter of my life.”

 

It was bittersweet really. Hayoon more than anyone had been anticipating the event, embracing her role as the official cheer squad for when Soojung, Baekhyun and Chanyeol would perform. She had envisioned herself cheering loudly for Chanyeol as he sung with his trusted guitar, while Baekhyun would be showing off to everyone how the man performing was his childhood friend, and Soojung would be swaying to the music, feeling blessed about being his girlfriend. But that vision had been shattered and now the evening simply served as a reminder of what could have been but never will.

 

“There you are shortie.” Sehun appeared from behind the curtain that was separating the fitting room from the rehearsal space. “We need to go check on the sound system.”

 

Giving Baekhyun and Soojung a small wave, Hayoon left with Sehun. As film studies students who focused on theory and research, they did no have much to offer in terms of showcasing their skills and works. Instead, they were enlisted with the vital task of ensuring that the production pipeline would run smoothly and that all equipment were in place.

 

“Just a heads up, we’re doing the sound check for the composition department,” Sehun said in a low voice. “You’re welcome to hide behind me if necessary. With your size, you’re easy enough to hide.”

 

Hayoon gave him a lop-sided smile but otherwise remained quiet.

 

“It’s crazy isn’t it?” Sehun continued. “Four years ago I caught you being a loner and dragged you here. You were giving me such a death glare at the time, like I had ruined your life plans or something. I had no idea how to interact with you really, so I ditched you the moment we arrived.”

 

“I held a grudge for that for quite a while,” Hayoon mused.

 

“You don’t say.” Sehun raised his eyebrows. “You were in a constant state of passive aggressiveness! And I had to experience that every time you got coffee with Baekhyun which I must add is hell of a lot of times.”

 

“I wasn’t that bad.” Hayoon frowned in protest.

 

“Oh sure, you want to say instead that it was all just a convoluted plan to raise some between us that would result in us having an angry make out session in a cramped storage room?”

 

Grunting, Hayoon jabbed the male in the ribs, causing him to spasm from the sudden pain.

 

“Will you just let it go?” The girl whined, “Even Baek has gotten over it.”

 

“No way in hell is he over it,” Sehun huffed. “He shoots me lasers whenever he sees me with you. Did you not see his face when you left with me just now?”

 

“What can I say.” Hayoon shrugged. “He’s protective of his dear sunshine.”

 

“Well, I've learnt my lesson from the dear old Icarus,” quipped Sehun. “Keep my distance or burn and crash to my death.”

 

Coming to a stop, Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter