Intense Stares.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Intense Stares.

 

 

Unlike the majority of students who returned home as soon as classes ended, Hayoon took up a job at the university library. The routine and repetitive tasks of the job provided her with a much needed stability and sense of control, even if just temporarily. It did however also mean that she did not have the time to visit Dear Me as much as she would have liked. Nonetheless, she enjoyed the solitude that the library offered, and was also kept entertained by the frequent video calls with Baekhyun, occasionally joined by Chanyeol. Soojung too contacted the girl regularly, though always kept the conversations short.

 

In the blink of an eye however, Hayoon received the welcome back email from KNUA, reminding students of the deadline for class registration and introducing the new members of the student union. Being the organised person that she was, Hayoon had already registered to all her desired classes. Chanyeol knew exactly what he wanted, so he had no problem with the registration while Soojung did not care much for the electives as long as she was in the one acting class taught by the head of her department.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand remained indecisive. Due to his curious nature, he wanted to try a hand at everything. This was how Hayoon became stuck in the library with him on a Sunday afternoon, one day before the beginning of the school year and two hours before the deadline for class registration. The boy, who’s hair was now dark auburn with streaks of crimson, had been sitting in front of the computer since morning, complaining at the screen as if it was the cause of all his sorrows. Rolling her eyes at his inability to choose, Hayoon decided to abandon him, wandering towards the media theory of the library instead to keep herself entertained.

 

Scanning the shelves, Hayoon caught sight of a familiar figure staring intensely at his computer, his lower lip protruding slightly as he pouted. At first she was not sure whether she had recognised the right person since his signature silver hair was now a dirty blond. Quietly approaching the sitting figure, the subtle scent of chocolate and cinnamon that lingered in the air confirmed Hayoon’s guess.

 

“I’m shocked,” quipped the girl as she sat down in the chair next to the male. “You are actually sitting still for once.”

 

Taken by surprise by the girl’s sudden appearance, Jongin jolted in his seat, hand on his frantically beating heart.

 

“Jeezuz woman, never creep up on me like that again.”

 

“Would you prefer me crashing into you instead?” Hayoon replied cheekily, raising one eyebrow.

 

“Ok, point taken.”

 

“What are you staring at so intently at?”

 

Returning his gaze back to his computer, Jongin exhaled loudly.

 

“Class choices. I can’t decide between voice theory and the evolution of jazz dance.”

 

“Didn’t take you for a theory type of guy, much less voice theory,” Hayoon mused.

 

“Thought I could experiment a bit,” Jongin replied, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Yo Sunshine, stay away from the danger hazard. We don’t want a trip to the hospital now do we?” Baekhyun’s cheerful voice interrupted.

 

“He’ll just have to foot the hospital bill if that happens,” Hayoon teased, while Jongin rolled his eyes. “Have you finally finished registering?”

 

“Yeah, I kinda just flipped a coin in the end, so I’m now officially registered to voice theory. It’s probably for the best too, since I’m doing musical theatre already.”

 

“Oh, Jongin is actually being indecisive on whether or not to choose voice theory,” responded the gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter