Beginning of the End.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Beginning of the End.

 

 

To Baekhyun’s dismay, following the encounter at the campus coffee shop where Hayoon utterly shut Chanyeol out, Chanyeol decided to take his chances in appealing towards his childhood friend instead. Thus, when Baekhyun returned home that day after his classes, he found the tall male sitting in the living room, a pizza box laying open in front of him with a couple of beer bottles. Seeing Baekhyun enter, Chanyeol waved at the boy while holding his beer.

 

“Bro night?”

 

Expression darkening, Baekhyun left the flat without uttering one word. He was too furious and disappointed to stand being in the same room as the male. Heck he did not even want to breathe the same air as him.

 

That was how Baekhyun found himself spending the night at Hayoon’s, not knowing where else to go. Together with the girl they planned the best time for Baekhyun to pack up his belongings and stealthily move out of the shared flat. Though he was not sure where he would stay, he refused to live under the same roof as a certain Park Chanyeol. The issue however was easily resolved the next day when Baekhyun somehow convinced Jongin to help him pack and move his belongings out of the flat while Chanyeol was in class. Hayoon volunteered to help out too, however Baekhyun forbid her, not wanting to risk her running into Chanyeol. By the same logic, Soojung was out of the question too. Thus, with Jongin’s coerced help, the two males lugged Baekhyun’s belongings out of the flat that he had shared with Chanyeol for the last three years and a half. With no where else to go they ended up going back to Jongin’s dorm room, and that was where Baehyun was to remain indefinitely.

 

Left to her own devices, Hayoon was at a loss. Having finished her classes for the day, she did not know what to do to keep herself occupied. With nothing to distract her from her own emotions, the girl found herself sitting on her bed, curled up against the wall, her eyes staring blanking out the window. Her room was painted in shades of orange and red due to the setting sun. Unaware of her surroundings, she stayed in that position for hours, until way after the sun had sat and the moon and stars had settled high up in the sky, observing the sleeping city beneath them.

 

Biting on her lower lip, Hayoon tried to swallow back the rising sense of agony, betrayal and despair inside of her. With no one to hold her together, no one to sing her soothing melodies, no one to caress her hair until she could regain control over her emotions, Hayoon closed her eyes and gave in to stabs of loss, hurt and confusion spreading across her body.

 

Shaking violently, Hayoon gasped for air as she suddenly found it difficult to breathe. Her hands itched to reach for her phone, to call a certain someone at an ungodly hour. Her heart yearned for a certain someone to suddenly appear at her doorstep. Her body ached for a certain someone to hold her passionately during the long and lonely nights. The unspoken name of this certain someone that had slain her rested on her lips as if they had always belonged there, engraving its presence in and leaving a lingering bitter taste. His rumbling voice echoed in her mind despite her attempts to tune it out of her consciousness.

 

He was embedded in her very existence, in that moment, Hayoon wondered if she would ever to able to escape from him, to free herself from him, to move on from him.

 

She had been content with being Chanyeol’s source of comfort and stability. It was enough to simply be next to him. But why did he have to make her feel so special?

 

Staring at the thunder charm on her bracelet, Hayoon’s body was urging her to message the male, while her mind was begging her to stay away, distance herself, stay true to her words and fully shut him out. Nonetheless, Hayoon’s heart was bleeding, threatening to shred to pieces at any given moment, the cracks that she thought would heal over time simply deepening. She was torn and conflicted, having no one and nothing to direct her inner chaos towards.

 

At the sight of the moon charm however, Hayoon regained some control over the storm of emotions battling inside of her. Blinking rapidly, she uncurled herself, tongue sliding over her dry lips to give them some moisture. Readjusting her glasses, Hayoon let her fingers slide across them, the cold touch of the metal frames

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter