Uncertainty.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Uncertainty.

 

 

Time swept by as everyone clung to dear life trying to survive the end of year exams. Hayoon took it upon herself to check up on Chanyeol and Baekhyun and reminding them to eat healthy balanced meals. She tried visiting Soojung too, but the girl seemed to have suddenly developed some sort of sixth sense, always managing to evade Hayoon.

 

Chanyeol was also spending more and more time with Seolhyun, with the reasoning that they were in the same classes and could study together. However, when he disappeared after his final exam despite Baekhyun wanting to celebrate all together, Hayoon start feeling a growing sense of unease in the pit of her stomach. Perhaps it was his way of cooling down and distract himself from Soojung, perhaps he really just wanted to have a study buddy from his course, however Hayoon could not help but feel a slight disappointment when Chanyeol had not even noticed her new glasses. She felt incredibly petty for feeling that way and thus never voiced it. Baekhyun saw right threw her, so he made up for Chanyeol’s neglect by gushing her with compliments, showing great appreciation for what she had done for them during the busy exam period.

 

“Have I told you already that you look damn fine in those new glasses Sunshine?” The guy gushed. “Beautiful with a heart of gold, how did I ever manage to live before meeting you?”

 

Squirming in his embrace, Hayoon whined in embarrassment because Baekhyun had to make the statement in the middle of a very busy hallway, earning them curious glances from students passing by.

 

Finally freeing herself from his grasp, Hayoon readjusted her glasses, suddenly feeling very conscious of them.

 

“Danger Hazard has good taste, I’ll give him that.”

 

“His name is Jongin,” Hayoon muttered, hiding a small smile as she was reminded of Jongin’s comment about Baekhyun’s good tastes.

 

It would appear that the two males might possibly get along better than she had previously assumed.

 

It was the final week of the semester, meaning in a couple of days they would no longer be third years. Not daring to imagine what their fourth and final year would bring them, Hayoon hastily pushed the thought aside, tucking it away in a dark corner of her mind. Furthermore, there was something else much more urgent that was weighing down on her mind, and Baekhyun’s too for that matter.

 

For the first time since they befriended each other, they were not going to have a final gathering to bid the academic year farewell. Leaving their third year behind on such a sour note left a bitter taste in Hayoon’s mouth and Baekhyun too was becoming frustrated with Soojung and Chanyeol’s behaviours.

 

And so the two friends came up with a plan. Hayoon would have a tête-à-tête with Soojung while Baekhyun would take care of Chanyeol. It was time someone took action.

 

Unfortunately for Baekhyun, things did not pan out as planned for Chanyeol was no where to be found. Grunting in frustration Baekhyun called the missing boy.

 

“Baek?”

 

“Yah where on earth are you?” Baekhyun yelled into his phone.

 

“On a train,” responded the male. “On my way back to Busan.”

 

“You’re where—?” Baekhyun took a deep breath. “The school year is not even officially over yet!”

 

“Yeah, but we’re done with classes and, mum said she missed me.”

 

Hearing that Baekhyun’s eyes softened. Maybe it would do Chanyeol some good to spend quality time with family. He had always been a mummy’s boy, maybe spending time with his mother would knock some sense into him. One could only hope.

 

“Fine,” Baekhyun huffed. “Say hi to auntie from me. I’ll drop by over the weekend when I’m back in Busan.”

 

“I’ll have my mum prepare her special seafood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter