Christmas Eve Surprises.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Christmas Eve Surprises.

 

 

December 24th turned out to be a day of surprises. For Hayoon, it was the pleasant surprise of opening her door and finding a shivering Baekhyun, cheeks flushing red from the cold. Not giving Hayoon the time to register his sudden appearance, Baekhyun threw himself onto Hayoon, rubbing his cold cheeks against her’s in an attempt to steal some warmth.

 

Overcoming the initial shock, Hayoon kicked the door to close it and pushed Baekhyun’s face away. Blinking several times to make sure she was not hallucinating, the subtle scent of the sea that wafted  through served as evidence that Baekhyun was indeed in front of her. Wherever he went the boy from Busan seemed to bring the sea with him. That was his magic.

 

“What on earth are you doing here? And what happened to your hair?”

 

“Surprise!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he shed his layers of outer clothing. “I just couldn’t bear the thought of you spending Christmas all by yourself again, so this year I celebrated a day early with my family and rushed back to Seoul as soon as I could to be with my Sunshine.”

 

Without taking a break the boy continued talking.

 

“I thought I’d give myself a bit of an advantage to stand out on stage, so bleached my hair silver. Gorgeous isn't it? I look pretty damn good if I say so myself.”

 

Baekhyun’s newly bleached hair looked voluminous and fluffy. Softly combing her fingers through the silver strands, the hair fell back in place while glistening like the moonlight’s reflection on a lake. Admiring the imagery, Hayoon was reminded of another silver haired boy who’s identity still remained a mystery. If Baekhyun was the moon, its light mischievously tickling the surface of water, the mystery dancer was the strong evening breeze, disturbing the calm waters, not allowing it to settle down.

 

“Oh before I forget, I got us cake too!”

 

Opening his backpack, Baekhyun dug out a small cake box. Inside it was a strawberry shortcake with a tiny Santa Claus figurine standing on top of a thick layer of whipped cream. Smiling mischievously, Hayoon scooped up some of the whipped cream with her finger, lifting her hand towards Baekhyun’s face. Before she could touch his cheek with the cream however, Baekhyun poked out his tongue to Hayoon’s finger instead.

 

“Eww Baek, your germs!” 

 

Recoiling in disgust, Hayoon rushed to the bathroom to wash her hands.

 

“Oh please, we’ve exchange bodily fluids plenty of times with how much we share food and drinks. What’s a little !” The boy replied as he set the cake on her desk, pushing her books and laptop to the side. “Yeol and Soojung will get so jealous since I’m hogging Sunshine all to myself haha.”

 

“Soojung is probably too busy daydreaming about Mr Prince Charming while Chayeol is counting down the days he can see Soojung again.”

 

Baekhyun turned to look at Hayoon, eyebrows furrowing.

 

“Do you think he plans to confess?”

 

“I think you have to be blind to not notice what he feels for her,” Hayoon stated as she folded way Baekhyun’s jacket and scarf.

 

“Even if she already has her eyes set on someone else?” Baekhyun questioned.

 

“Even if it means fighting against the whole world. Chanyeol will not stop fighting for his dazzling star.” Hayoon paused, taking a deep breath. “He will keep striking until he gets what he wants.”

 

“Like a relentless thunder on a stormy night,” Baekhyun mused. “Sounds exhausting really. Why is it never as straight forward as k-dramas?”

 

“You think k-dramas are straight forward?” Hayoon raised her eyebrow at the boy.

 

“Shut up Sunshine, you just don’t understand romance.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “When was the last time you experienced romance anyway? More than a year ago? Screw it, it was long dist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter