Of Disappointment and Betrayal.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Of Disappointment and Betrayal.

 

 

The next day when Hayoon entered the campus coffee shop, Baekhyun and Jongin were standing by the counter conversing with Sehun. Bumping her head against Baekhyun’s shoulder as a gesture of salute, the action caused the male to stumble sideways and elbow Jongin in the stomach, making him choke on his coffee.

 

Raising his eyebrows in amusement, Sehun reached for the piping cup of cappuccino he had set aside. Placing it gently on the counter, he pushed it towards Hayoon.

 

“Here’s your coffee shortie.”

 

“Thanks,” Hayoon mumbled while glancing between the three males, weirded out by the bizarre sight of them hanging out together.

 

“How did you have Sunshine’s coffee ready before she even arrived?” Baekhyun frowned.

 

“You were lingering here, which meant you were waiting for someone.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. “And honestly can’t picture you and Jongin just chilling, so it was pretty easy to deduce shortie was not far behind.”

 

“Shortie huh,” Jongin mused. “Surprised you didn’t opt for midget.”

 

Hayoon glared at Jongin, half tempted to pour the scalding liquid in her hand onto him but decided to restrain herself.

 

“Save me a seat at tomorrow’s lecture, shortie,” Sehun quipped. “I’m covering for someone’s shift so will be a few mins late.”

 

“Sure.” Hayoon nodded, removing the lid on the coffee to let it cool down.

 

Staring suspiciously at the two Baekhyun scratched his chin.

 

“Since when have you two been so chill with each other?” The male questioned. “Did something happen? Sunshine what are you hiding from me?”

 

Ignoring Baekhyun’s series of questions, Hayoon took a sip of her coffee, her face falling flat.

 

“Are you sure you use the same beans as Dear Me?”

 

“Will you just get over those beans?” Sehun rolled his eyes. “People come here for me and not the coffee anyway.”

 

“Delusional,” Hayoon mumbled into her coffee before brushing her hair off her shoulder.

 

That proved to be a big mistake on her part.

 

“Sunshine!” Baekhyun screeched, then lowering his voice into a hiss. “Is that a hickey on your collarbone?”

 

Hayoon’s hand immediately reached for the collar of her sweater, unconsciously pulling it higher.

 

“Why are you looking down my sweater you ,” the girl deflected.

 

Eyes widening in disbelief, Baekhyun pointed an accusatory finger at Sehun.

 

“It was you wasn’t it? After I had told you specifically to keep your hands off Sunshine, you lewd being!”

 

“Excuse me?” Sehun responded with fake offence, “I’ll let you know that she— Oommph.”

 

However he was unable to complete his sentence because Hayoon had swung her arm over the counter, aiming a jab straight into his ribs, successfully silencing him.

 

“Sunshine,” Baekhyun exhaled. “I get that you need a rebound and all but him?”

 

“He’s is not a rebound,” groaning softly, Hayoon brushed her hair over her shoulders.

 

“Then what is he?”

 

This time it was Jongin who had asked the question.

 

Glancing at Jongin, Hayoon turned her body to face Sehun. The two exchanged a long stare, both wearing the same expression of nonchalance.

 

“An idiot who can’t make coffee,” Hayoon finally declared with certainty.

 

Staring at Hayoon to see if the girl was hiding something, Jongin emptied his drink before throwing the empty cup in the bin. Baekhyun in the meantime, shifted his eyes back and forth between Sehun and Hayoon, unsure of what to think about the newfound information.

 

“Hayoon.”

 

Baekhyun and Hayoon both tensed at the sound of Hayoon’s name being called by the familiar voice. Time seemed to stop as Hayoon gripped tightly onto her coffee, wishing that it was all just an hallucination. Unfortunately the looming shadow casting over her and Baekhyun’s dark expression proved that it was indeed reality.

 

“Please talk to me.”

 

Swallowing the lump in , Hayoon remained silent. Jongin stepped in front of Hayoon, covering her from Chanyeol. Frowning, Chanyeol sneered at the male.

 

“This doesn’t involve you.”

 

“Clearly she doesn’t want to talk to you.”

 

Jongin remained unfazed, refusing to move from his position.

 

“Yah Park Chanyeol,” Sehun interjected. “If you’re not gonna order anything then please leave.”

 

Ignoring both males, Chanyeol appealed to Hayoon again.

 

“Hayoon please. I know I am burdening you, but I need you.”

 

Exhaling loudly, Hayoon turned towards the male.

 

“Let’s talk outside.”

 

“Sunshine.” Baekhyun held onto her arm. “You don't need to do this.”

 

Pushing Baekhyun’s hand away, Hayoon gave the male a reassuring smile. Sidestepping Jongin, Hayoon exited the coffee shop with Chanyeol in tow. Calling someone to take over the counter for him, Sehun joined Jongin and Baekhyun by the window, all three keeping their eyes on Hayoon and Chanyeol, ready to pounce out the door the moment Hayoon displayed any sign of distress.

 

“I don’t think there’s anything left to say Yeol,” Hayoon muttered, a look of resignation in her eyes.

 

Chanyeol stepped closer towards the girl but Hayoon instinctively took a step back, maintaining the distance, refusing to let the male be any closer in fear of being disoriented by the scent of spiced apples.

 

“You are my best friend in the world.” Chanyeol’s voice with so earnest yet so desperate. “You are the only one I can trust.”

 

Hayoon’s breath hitched, her jaws clenching. Not long ago, those words would have meant the world to her. Not long ago, she would have braved heaven and hell to earn Chanyeol’s trust in her. Not long ago, she would have yearned for his love. But now, Hayoon felt betrayed by his earnest eyes, she felt the burde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter