Because Your Happiness Is My Happiness.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Because Your Happiness Is My Happiness.

 

 

The arrival of summer brought along an unspoken buzz and excitement due to the approaching summer extravaganza. Every year it had a different theme and this year it was Shakespeare — courtesy of a certain  member of the organising committee who goes by the name of Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Yah Baek!” a frustrated Soojung whined. “I thought you were over your Shakespeare phase.”

 

“Excuse me!” Baekhyun exclaimed indignantly. “Shakespeare is not just a phase, it is a lifestyle. Plus, you people have made me suffer over the last few months so it’s only fair I make you suffer in return.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Soojung ignored Baekhyun and instead focused her attention on the tall male next to her.

 

“And you Yeol, how could you not stop him?” whacking Chanyeol in the stomach she continued. “What use are you in that committee if not to put a chain on Baek and his stupid ideas?”

 

Doubling over in pain, Chanyeol purposely fell on top of Baekhyun, causing them both to topple over onto the ground. Seeing this, Hayoon took a careful step back, not wanting to be pulled into the mess.

 

“This is physical harassment!” Baekhyun protested as he pulled himself out from under Chanyeol. “And you should be thanking me, now you two can go show off your love by going in couple costume.”

 

Patting the dirt off of his clothes, Baekhyun threw his arm around Hayoon, throwing her a careful look as his brows furrowed together for a quick second before being quickly replaced with a relaxed smile.

 

Finally after a whole rollercoaster of emotions, Chanyeol and Soojung were together. It would be an understatement to say that it was not easy for the two to reach the point they were at now. Plenty of tears were shed and hearts broken along the process. There was still a lingering sense of unease in Baekhyun, but seeing Hayoon’s determination to bless the couple, he too went along with it. After all, despite his dramatic antics, he was not one to go causing unnecessary drama and conflict.

 

“Shouldn’t you be worried about the assignment deadlines first?” Hayoon interjected. “I mean, if you can’t meet the deadlines than you won’t be able to attend the summer extravaganza.”

 

“Sunshine darling,” wailed Baekhyun. “Stop being such a spoilsport please.”

 

“Baek’s right,” added Chanyeol, while giving Soojung a back hug, tucking her under his chin. “We all know he’s going to leave it last minute anyway.”

 

Snarling at the couple snuggling shamelessly in public, Baekhyun hooked his arm around Hayoon’s.

 

“We’re leaving now Sunshine. Clearly my magnanimous presence is not appreciated here. Let’s go before my teeth rot from how overly sweet Yeol and Soojung are acting.”

 

“I thought you were the hopeless romantic one?” Hayoon looked at the boy in puzzlement.

 

“Yes, but even I have my limits, and apparently that limit is seeing two of my best friends being unable to keep their hands off of each”

 

“You’re just jealous!” Proclaimed Chanyeol, before kissing Soojung’s head, inducing a giggle from the girl.

 

Huffing, Baekhyun dragged Hayoon away while Soojung stuck her tongue out towards him.

 

・・・

 

Not wanting to stray away from the university premises, Baekhyun and Hayoon found themselves in front of the campus coffee shop. Looking inside, much to Hayoon’s dismay Sehun was working behind the counter.

 

“Come on Sunshine,” quipped Baekhyun. “Sehun’s been giving me the stinky eye whenever I’m in there by myself. Seems like he doesn’t appreciate losing your patronage to those mystery coffee beans.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Hayoon reluctantly followed Baekhyun inside.

 

“He just misses having someone to annoy,” mumbled the girl.

 

“Sup Baekhyung, the usual?” Greeted Sehun, then eyes shifting towards Hayoon he added. “Oh sorry didn’t see you there shortie, seems that you are just below my line of sight.”

 

Seeing Sehun’s smug expression, Hayoon grumbled. She tried to be more cordial with the male, she really did. After all he was in her same course, and he made her coffee. However, it seemed as though the damned male had made it his life goal to dissect and analyse all the possible ways to make Hayoon snap. 

 

“I swear to god, are there no other people working here other than you?”

 

“Actually this is my first shift this week.” Sehun smirked. “And just as luck would have it, I am graced with your presence.”

 

“I must be cursed then.”

“You wound me shortie.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Ok ok,” Baekhyun intervened. “Before we accidentally trigger WWIII, why don’t you get us a seat at one of the booths Sunshine? I’ll bring our drinks.”

 

“Make sure he doesn’t poison it,” muttered Hayoon as she gave Sehun a stinky eye while heading towards the back of the coffee shop where the booths were located.

 

Turning towards the counter, Baekhyun gave Sehun a weary look. The taller male was looking in the dir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter