Moonlight.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Moonlight.

 

 

It was late afternoon when Hayoon and Baekhyun walked into the university’s main coffee shop. Seeing Sehun behind the counter however Hayoon froze on the spot, contemplating whether or not it was too late to leave without being noticed by Sehun and risk offending him. She had no such luck however because Baekhyun waltzed in, ignoring her frozen stance and saluted Sehun like a cowboy.

 

Sehun turned to them, gaze boring into Hayoon, lifting a brow as if daring her to leave now that she had been seen. Giving Baekhyun a dirty glare, Hayoon removed herself from the entrance and headed towards the counter where Sehun was waiting with a smug expression. Before he could say anything however, a high pitched voice emerged from underneath the counter.

 

“Yah Oh Sehun! How many times have I told you to not just stuff the milk in the fridge like this? Now it’s all a mess.”

 

The owner of the voice popped up. Noticing the presence of customers, the man straightened himself, giving his signature smile. Sehun’s smug expression had been replaced by one of annoyance, while Hayoon’s eyes brightened realising that yes, Kim Jongdae was here and thus her coffee had been saved. Baekhyun let out a chuckle, seeing the immediate shift in Hayoon’s mood.

 

“I think you just made Sunshine’s day Jongdae. She has been traumatised for life by Sehun’s coffee.”

 

“Tell me about it. I swear this boy manages to ruin pretty much anything he puts his hands on. It’s a miracle people still come to buy coffee,” Jongdae mused with a disbelieving look on his face.

 

“They come back because I’m just that handsome and irresistible.”

 

Hearing Sehun’s response, Hayoon and Jongdae both rolled their eyes.

 

“But Hayoon, I’m graduating this year . How will you survive next year?”

 

Realising the horrible possibility of having to face Sehun’s coffee for the duration of her final year terrified Hayoon, especially since she will need coffee to function as a human being. Slamming her hands against the counter, the girl leaned forward, surprising both Sehun and Jongdae.

 

“Fire Oh Sehun.”

 

The corners of Jongdae’s lips quirked in amusement while Sehun covered Hayoon’s face with his palm to push her further away, completely smudging her glasses much to her annoyance. She was however distracted by two figures walking past the coffee shop. Squinting her eyes, Hayoon recognised Soojung’s wavy hair. Walking next to her was Junmyeon. The two were talking amicably. Junmyeom whispered something in Soojung’s ear and the latter giggled into her hands, cheeks blushing at the proximity.

 

It was an intimate moment, making Hayoon feel as though she was intruding. Next to her, Baekhyun let out a whistle while exchanging a knowing look with her. Not wanting to deal with Sehun, Hayoon quickly ordered her coffee and soon her and Baekhyun were leaving the coffee shop sipping on their drinks that were thankfully made by Jongdae.

 

“Do you think Soojung will tell tell us about her and sunbae or will we need to squeeze it out of her?”

 

“She’ll tell us when she’s ready.” Hayoon sipped more of her drink before continuing. “Though I suppose you won’t be able to wait until then.”

 

“Of course not. Soojung’s love life is premium entertainment!”

 

Hayoon simply shook her head at her friend’s immaturity but said nothing otherwise. After all, that was what she admired about Baekhyun the most; his ability to see the joy and fun in pretty much everything.

 

・・・

 

“So…” Baekhyun droned out while staring knowingly at Soojung, “What have you been up to recently hmm?”

 

“Nothing much.” Soojung shrugged her shoulders. “Preparing for the final assignment.”

 

“Oh, so it wasn’t you Sunshine and I saw yesterday getting all chummy with Mr Prince Charming?”

 

At the mention of a certain Prince Charming Chanyeol immediately lost interest in his homework. Instead he gave his full attention to the conversation taking place.

 

“Sunbae asked me out for dinner and it would have been rude to refuse.”

 

Knowing that Baekhyun would not leave her alone until she gave a satisfactory answer, and that they would find out sooner and later, Soojung took a deep breath, preparing for the teasing what would follow.

 

“Ooh la la, you hear that Sunshine? Our dear Soojung didn’t want to be rude.” Baekhyun made sure to emphasise the last word.

 

“Does that mean we’ll be seeing more of sunbae around?” Hayoon mused. “Because you might want to give him a heads up about how insufferable Baek is. Don’t want to scare him away too soon.”

 

“Not you too Hayoon!” Soojung wailed. “You’ve been spending too much time with Baek, you’ve been contaminated!”

 

“What do you mean contaminated!?” Baekhyun exclaimed indignantly, “What do you take me for? How am I —”

 

“Have him join us for dinner tonight.” Chanyeol interrupted.

 

Everyone turned to him, evident surprise at the male’s sudden suggestion.

 

“What? We’re gonna meet the guy sooner or later, so might as well make it sooner.”

 

“So that you can scare him off sooner? No thank you.” Soojung refused.

 

“Oh but I think that is an excellent idea. We can judge him for you, since well, we all know you’re not the best judge of character.”

 

Baekhyun was clearly excited at the prospect of proper dinner entertainment.

 

“There’s nothing going on between us! We’re not even dating yet,” The girl exclaimed, realising too late the slip in her tongue.

 

“Ha! You said it yourself. Not yet,” Baekhyun stated triumphantly.

 

Soojung turned towards Hayoon for help, hoping the girl would take her side. She certainly did not expect to see the mischief twinkling in the latter’s eyes, staring right back at her. Soojung gulped, realising that she was being outnumbered. Sighing in de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter