My Shadow + Unexpected Ending?

Shadowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s Point of View.

The streams from the morning Sun went through the hospital’s wide window, directly shinning towards Emily’s beautiful face. It shone prettily now, ---not that she’s not pretty or anything, and she looks exactly like an angel with that sleeping face of hers.

Me being up for hours now, ruffled her hair lightly and played with her fingers that had been interlaced with mine since last night. Staring at her like a creeper, I slowly traced her facial features, silently cursing in my mind for not meeting with her any earlier than that Myungsoo guy.

But what am I to do? I was bound to die anyway, and if it’s that Myungsoo guy who makes her wake up with a smile, I would willingly watch her fall in love with him no matter how painful the feeling was. Love is, all about sacrificing anyway.

Caressing her cheeks, I chuckled when she pouted and scrunched her small nose. 

Without much warning, I started to cough furiously, startling Emily for her sleep. Her chair screeched backwards as she held my hands and her eyebrows went close together saying, “Sehun-ah, are you okay?”

I smiled and tugged a smile onto my lips, trying to convince her that I was alright.

But it didn’t stopped there, I coughed and coughed, and soon enough, blood was coming out of my mouth again

I cursed.

Stupid pneumonia.

Author’s Point of View.

The green light above the surgery room blinked, indicating a patient was being operated. The boys, --- which consist of the Block B boys and the Infinite boys, together with Niall, Emily’s brother, has gathered once more in the white halls of the hospital, each and every one of their faces portraying a solemn face.

Not to forget, Mr P. was also there, but his faces was the opposite of everyone’s--- is was a calm expression that lingered on his face.

Emily sighed as she leaned back onto the white hospital chair.

What if he doesn’t make it this time?

And so she did the unexpected. She clasped her hands together, and prayed.

God, I know you’re up there, and I beg you to please look out for Sehun, dear angels, give him the strength to live, I beg of you.

Emily’s Point of View.

Hours passed by and before we knew it, it was already past dawn. I stood up immediately when the green light turns off the surgery room, and a few minutes later, a doctor walked out with an unreadable expression.

Everyone huddled towards him, questions being thrown everywhere until he said, “Who’s the family here?” Everyone backed down while Mr P. stood up and walked off to a corner with the doctor.

From afar I could see that the doctor was shaking his head dejectedly and I could hear some bits of their conversation, “He’s gotten not much time.”

One by one, the doctor let us to meet Sehun, and I was the very last to speak to him and while I walked towards his room, my heart thumped with a fast rate. I quickly slid his door and stampeded in. I was about to say something but my mouth stopped when I looked at how pale and fragile he seemed.

“Sehun...” Tears started to form in the corner of my eyes.

“Emily.” He breathed and said, as if it was the most hardest task he has ever gotten in his life. His weak hands landed on mine and he continued, “When I’m gone, don’t cry okay?”

“What are you talking, you’ll surv---,” Cutting me off, he shook his head and said, “Shut up Emily, you know how severe I am, and you know I will have to die sooner or later.”

I fell silent, still not wanting to accept reality.

“When I die, I don’t want you to spill even a drop of tear for me, okay?” He spoke and held out his pinkie for me to promise. “No.” I sternly said.

With every last energy he had, he grabbed my fingers and interlaced my pinkie with his.

“Thank you for making me smile again, Emily-ah. Every single thing I had done for you, from giving you a place to stay at Paris and to saving Niall, it's all because I care for you. And I know you don’t feel the same way, but remember, I will always love you even when I’m up there, or below under.” He said and that furious cough followed after again.

“And please, even when I’m gone, go on with life, don’t look back, forget about the past and move forward, don’t stop at one point, don’t destroy yourself. Smile that beautiful smile of yours every single day, sincerely.”

I stood there, speechless as tears rolled down my cheeks like Niagara Falls.

“S-Sehun don’t.”

“I-I love you...” He pecked my right hand and coughed again, with such a great force that caused everyone to storm into the room.

I held onto his hands tightly, not even thinking of letting it go, as I felt my heart slowly shatter in pieces as he took his last breath and smiled at me.

That sincere and beautiful smile of his, the smile that I would always remember, the smile that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

By the time everyone had arrived in, it was already too late.

He was gone.

Our Oh Sehun was gone.

------

13 months later.

“Happy Birthday Noona!!!” P.O screamed with such excitement that I almost rolled off my black stilettos. Thank goodness, Myungsoo,--- who happens to be behind me, caught me in time before I landed on the green, grassy ground.

“Boys, Niall, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE 8AM IN THE MORNING GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!!” I screamed, startling everyone. “Jeez, calm down noona we just wanted to surprise you, urgh.” Sungjong whined as he walked next to P.O.

“Wait, it’s my birthday today?” I questioned myself and brought my fingers towards my lips. “Yes you silly. It’s you birthday.” Myungsoo, my lovely boyfriend said to me and ruffled my hair affectionately.

I smiled back at him, but the lovely moment was broken when both Sunggyu and Taeil said, “GET A ROOM!”

“HEI STOP SCREAMING OH MY GOD.” I screamed back and held my palms onto my chest. “Now, shall we have a small breakfast infront of your lovely lawn OR DO YOU WANT TO STARVE?” Jaehyo said, as he placed some paper bags onto the picnic table out front, while Hoya and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter