In The Train

Shadowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 019

I let out a soft groan as i struggle to get off from my bed. My right arm has been slightly fractured and so, a bandage is visable there. I touch the neatly wrapped bandage around my head and winced in pain. Due to excessive bleeding on my head, i am required to have a bandage on my head also.  A soft sigh escaped my lips.

The sleek black laptop on the dressing beeped, signalling that my tracking device has been functioning. I jumped of the bed and forcefully open the laptop. I sighed relieved, finally being able to know where Niall’s whereabouts are.

While everyone else were busy fighting their souls off, i sneakily creep towards Niall, and yanked his arm back. He flinched back, surprised. I winked at him, and gave him a small, squared shape electronic device that was blinking a red light. I whispered, “If it blinks, it’s working.”

Understanding what the device was, he shook his head and motioned me to leave. I stubbornly shook my head and continued on kicking people’s .

Finally, he landed on Nice, and there was signal there.

I clicked open a new tab, and searched for the transport to Nice. It takes on about 2 hours on plane while it’s 6 hours on train. I thought about taking the train from Paris to Nice, wanting to clear my mind a bit about the past events that has been happening in my so-called-life. I purchased the ticket that leaves Paris at the time of 0000 hours.

------

Night soon enough fell after hours of reading some books i found a few days ago. After packing some of the stuffs i needed, i look around the room and sighed. I might not be coming back, ever. And a part of me surely will miss that idiotic and annoying Th---Sehun. I finally managed to bring out myself to call him by his real name.

I silently walked into Sehun’s room and gazed at his angelic-looking-sleeping face. I fished out a small not from my pocket and placed it next to his bed. I caressed his soft cheeks one last time before leaving his room. I grab onto my travelling bag and walked towards my window, really to jump off the building.

But i turned back and looked at pink sling bag that i have left at a corner to collect dust. I took the back and dusted the bag before stuffing it into my travelling bag.

But little did she know, a small note slipped out from the pink bag.

------

I savour the last few hours of my time in Paris properly. I took out my Polaroid and clicked on the ‘capture’ button, taking pictures of everything amusing that i see. I walked by the famous Eiffel Tower and click on the ‘capture’ button again. As the film came out, i quickly flick it back and forth, and soon enough an image of the Eiffel Tower appeared.

I sighed as i arrive at the train station. Here is where my new journey begins, alone. I look at the watch on my hand, slowly ticking its’ hand, nearly at the number 12 digit. The station was dead quiet except for the few passengers waiting for the midnight train to come.

An announcement was made, stating that the midnight train was about to arrive. I took a deep breath and looked around. Goodbye, Paris. My heart said. The train arrived, stopping a few feet infront of me. I let out a sigh and stepped in. I looked back and smile.

Thank you, Paris.

Then with a moment of hesitation, i went in and looked for my seat. I sat a seat away from the window and stretched my neck out to look at the view. Aish, why didn’t i get a window seat? I grunted. I stood up and kept my travelling bag at the space provided above. I zipped my bag and took a book entitled ‘Shiver’ with me and sat down in my seat.

A few minutes later, the doors closed, indicating the train is about to move. I scowled when the doors opened back, only to reveal a boy around my age wearing a black mask, huffing and puffing to get in. The guards let him in and he bowed to them to infinity.

I shook my head and continued to read my book. A stern cough was let out. I closed my book in irritation and look up. My eyes wid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter