Death

Shadowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      Spring was just a few weeks away.I sighed as I laid my back onto the cold,hard   ground.Everything seemed so gloomy through my eyes.It’s like the ‘on’ switch on my body   was turned ‘off’.My world become simply dark since yesterday.Dad left me.       Dad left me and Niall forever from this world.       He left us.       I took another minute or two to rescan back the words that played in my mind.        Dad passed away earlier this morning.       After dad woke up a few days ago,he talked but was unable to move.Inbetween those   days,dad,I and Niall did felt happy.But then dad died,making our world pitch dark again.Small   crystal droplets fell from my eyes as I breathed the cold air.       I couldn’t stayed longer at dad’s funeral,so I ran away.I wanted to run until I finally reached   Greenland. But of course,that would never happen.I couldn’t face reality that dad was dead.Is   this real?Does this make sense?Had the world ever made sense?       I let out a small cry as I remembered back what dad told me before he died.       ‘’Fall for someone who would catch you.Fall for someone who loves you,for you.Fall for someone   who would never betray you.’’       Memories of the talk I had with dad yesterday triggered back onto my brain.       Yesterday       I was reading a book about the Stars and Galaxy to dad.’’And so,the star’s light is actually   brighter then the ones that we see from Earth.’’I read.’’Emily…’’Dad whispered.I fixed my   glasses and closed the old book.’’Yes dad?’’I said.       ‘’Who is that boy who always comes and visit me during midnight?’’Dad questioned.Midnight?   Only…       ‘’Myungsoo.’’I answered.       ‘’That’s his name?’’Dad questioned.I nod.’’Why,appa?’’ ‘’He seems like a nice young   gentlemen.’’Dad said.I chuckled.Oh dad,you have no idea who he is.’’Dad,I’m not going to fall   inlove again.Never.’’I said. ‘’So,you’ll die alone?’’Dad questioned.       ‘’I guess so.’’I answered.’’Well,that’s a lonely way to die.’’He said.’’Dad,I’m not ready to   love,and I’ll never be.I don’t want to be broken again.’’I said.’’But,Emily.Look how happy I was   when I was with your mother.’’Dad protested.       ‘’It’s because she’s the one.’’I said.’’Then,find the one.’’He said.I shook my head.’’Emily,to   love is to face heartbreaks.You can’t expect to love once,and you’ll be happy forever.’’Dad   advised.I shrugged.’’In this case,I think Myungsoo’s a very good choice.’’Dad added.’’Appa!’’I   screamed.’’Okay,okay.But,there’s just something in his eyes.Longing.Love.Pain.Everytime   when he steal glances at you,that’s all I could read from his eyes.’’Dad said.       ‘’Well to bad appa,I can’t read anything from his eyes.’’I said.He sighed before saying,’’But   promise me one thing,you won’t die alone.’’Dad held out his pinky.’’Of course not,Kuma will   be there.’’I said and grinned.’’No,not that!’’Dad massaged his temples before going on,’’Fall   inlove,Emily,and find the definition of love yourself.Experience love.’’ ‘’Whatever…’’I   mumbled as I wrapped my pinky around dad’s.       My soft cries soon turned into louder ones as more tears falls from my eyes.       Oh dad,why did you ever had to leave?       ------       ‘’Have you found her?’’I called out to Niall who was on the other side of the cemetery.During   Mr Lee’s funeral,I saw Emily walking away,disappearing from the cemetery.And now,she’s   gone.No trace,no news,nothing.She’s gone like the wind.       I grew more concern as the day grew darker.We’ve search all the places possible,and she’s   still nowhere to be found.’’No!’’Niall screamed back.My heart fell.Where can she be?Dongwoo   and Hoya hyung  even went to the city insearch for her.       I ruffled my hair,frustrated.These are the times when I feel like screaming on top of my   lungs.The key to my heart was missing.How could I ever rest peacefully tonight?       ------       It was dawn,so everyone stopped searching.We walked back to our hotel,our head hung   low.Everything wasn’t in it’s place.This is just isn’t right.Emily’s not smilling anymore.I can’t   see her rosy cheeks anymore.She’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter