Chapter 20

Scenery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- Taehee --

 

Leah called into the company on my behalf and they were generous enough to accept my leave notice. I have decided to leave Korea for the time being which means I have pulled out of the team that was assigned to accompany BTS on their shoots. Of course, I didn't let Taehyung know or else he wouldn't let me leave. All of them have been trying to reach and see me but Leah and Jihoon have been dismissing every attempt upon my request.

"Are you sure about this?" Jihoon asked once again when he rolled my luggage out of my room. 

I looked around one last time before I I let out of a sigh, "mm..." 

"Are you really not going to let any of them know?" Leah asked as she helped me with my carry on.

I nodded, "I'll let them know...when the right time comes." I pulled the strap of my purse over my shoulder and walked out of the apartment without looking back. 

I watched my surroundings pass by through the window of the car; a lot of things were in my mind. The pain was still to much for me to take, I thought if I came back I'd be able to heal myself. Yes, I did heal in a way; I got my hearing and memory back but my heart was still too broken. I thought maybe just maybe I did make a mistake to come back here. 

"I'll be arriving to the States earlier than scheduled." Leah said handing my carryon to Jihoon. I nodded with a smile, "I will message you when I arrive." 

"Take care of her oppa." 

"As always." Jihoon said hugging Leah before grabbing my hand and walking with me through the departure gates.

 

--Taehyung--

 

The person you have dialed cannot--- Taehyung had been trying to reach Taehee every minute of the day but he's on the verge of breaking down. He threw his phone on the couch in the practice room and plopped onto it with his hand running through his hair in frustration. 

"She's not picking up?" Yoongi asked walking in to the sight of Taehyung.

"I can't do this anymore hyung. It's killing me." He mumbled leaning back onto the couch.

"To be honest, it's best to give her the time." Hoseok replied walking over and putting a hand on his shoulder. 

"I'm just scared. She said she has chosen Jihoon. I can't let her go like this hyung." 

The members didn't know what to say to him other than to comfort him silently. The ringing of his phone broke through the silence and all attention went towards the phone that was thrown to the side. Taehee.

Taehyung's eyes widened and a glint of hope flashed in his eyes. Jungkook handed over the phone to him and he quickly answered.

"Taehee ah, you're finally willing to get back to me." Taehyung answered. "But you can't hear me..." His voice barely above a whisper with his head hanging.

"I can hear you Tae." Taehee replied and his head shot right back up. 

"You can hear me?!" 

"Tae, that's not what I called to tell you." She paused for a few seconds. "I'm leaving Korea today." 

"W-what? You're leaving Korea?" His voice cracked already feeling his heart aching and tears b his eyes instantly. She was leaving him and he saw it coming but he didn't think she would so soon. 

"Mmm...Taehyung ah. I need to let go, so do you."

"No..no I don't want to! This isn't how I wanted us to end."

"But this is how it's ending. I need time to heal and the best way for me to do so is to leave everything behind, and leave you." 

"Please don't.." Taehyung begged over the phone. 

"I will let you know when I'm okay. Until then, I won't be in contact with you or anyone. Please....take care of yourself. Be happy Taehyung ah. That's what I still want." 

"I am only happy with you here....you're the source of my happiness. I don't need anyone but you. Please babe. Don't leave." He cried over the phone and she could feel how hurt he was because she too was hurting ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter