Chapter 10

Scenery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Taehee--

 

It's been a few weeks since the party and Taehyung has avoided me since. I was finally relieved but didn't feel happy; he was cold towards me...maybe a bit too cold. Whenever we have to get together for a meeting and finalize what will be filmed, he would leave first and not even glance at me. All the members would greet me or make small talk but him, he would just walk past me as if I was invisible. I didn't intend for him to act like this but I guess I hurt him quite deep.

Jihoon has decided to stay with me until we all had back to the States when my contract was over. He moved into the apartment close to where Leah and I are staying. He would drop me off at work and pick me up when I'm done. 

Yoojung and Eunhae pulled me to the practice room where they were for lunch. "Look whose here." Yoojung announced as she pulled me through the door. I smiled and the members all glanced up at me, their faces showing they were happy to see me. Taehyung who was resting his head on the couch turned his head towards us, glancing at me for a quick second before closing his eyes.

"Taehyung, come over and eat." The members called out to him as they gathered in a circle to eat.

"Not hungry." He replied.

"What do you mean not hungry? You haven't ate since last night. You'll faint at this rate." Hoseok said looking up with concern.

"I'm not that weak." He responded not giving anyone a glance.

"Taehyung ah...it's your favourite too." Jimin tried convincing him and still he didn't move.

I looked at him and I could tell he's been tired and exhuasted. He was a little bit skinnier than I remembered, his face was a bit paler. I was worried and my expression didn't go unnoticed by Eunhae and Yoojung. She smiled at me when I caught her staring. 

I remembered he used to be like that when people questioned his ability as an artist, he would dive into practice everyday and would skip his meals to be the perfect person in everyone's eyes. I hated seeing him like that and with this scene in front of me I just knew how broken he must be inside. 

Although I wanted to reach out to him, I couldn't. I'm not in that position anymore. I told him to stay away and he's doing what I asked but why do I feel so hurt? I shouldn't feel hurt knowing he broke my heart when I found out about him and Somin.

 

--//-- flashback --//--

 

"Tae, why aren't you answering my calls?" I left the tenth voicemail message to his number that day and yet he never replied. He's been busy with his career but even so he has never left me hanging like this before. Out of the 2 years that we've known each other, these past couple months have been dreadful with him being away. Even when he's back he'd just come by to my apartment for a bit before leaving again. 

I trusted him, but something about his attitude changed making me become doubtful of his love. He began drifting away quicker than I could catch up. Until one day I saw them, hand in hand, walking down the streets with masks on.

I could tell its him from the first glance and I lied to myself saying it could be his cousin, but what blew me was when she leaned in a kissed him pulling their masks down. I stood across the street watching them with tears rolling down my eyes. 

He giggled and laughed with her until he turned and caught sight of me. Frozen he quickly let go of her hand and was about to run across the street to grab onto me after seeing me turning away and sprinting home. 

"Taehee ah!" He called while banging against my bedroom door. "Open up Taehee ah!"

"Let's talk please" Its been days since I've avoided him and locked myself in my apartment.

I opened the door and he pulled me into a hug. "Please Taehee, let me explain." I pushed him away. 

"Explain what? How long has this been going on? How long have you kept me in the dark?!" I yelled using my small fist and hitting his chest as I cried.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I...it was a mistake." He said grabbing onto my fist and pulling me back into a hug. 

"You promised me...you said I was the only one." 

"I know, and I'm going to break it up with her. I won't leave you. I promised you babe, and I'll do what I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter