Chapter 19

Scenery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--5 Years Ago--
 

It was raining the day Taehee found out why Taehyung had been spending less time with her. She came home from her studies and from the news, she was informed that BTS was back in Korea after their tour. Usually he'd be the one to text her first when he's back in the country; however, things have changed. He's been giving her quick and simple replies. 

Feeling frustrated, she ended up going to their dorm. Being involved with an idol, she has kept everything under the rug and they kept their relationship out of the public's eyes for her sake. Taking a deep breath she rang the doorbell only to be greeted by a tall member with a mask and cap. He looked like he was heading out but she beated him to the door. 

"Uhh..hello?" He asked her.

"Hi..is Taehyung in?" 

"Tae? He's on a date." He replied stepping out of the apartment.

"A--a date?" She stuttered and eyes flickering.

"Sorry, I have to head out. Who are you? I can pass on a message for him." 

She shook her head and smiled weakly. "It's okay. Nothing important." Taehee turned and walked away; dragging her heavy heart with her. That night the news erupted and all she saw on the TV was the news of "BTS V possibly in a secret relationship with upcoming idol star Somin." Taehyung called her that night telling her everything was nonsense but she knew deep down it wasn't. 

Everything fit perfectly into place, how he would turn down their dates, his calls left unanswered, texts were never read. She tried brainwashing herself to believe in their love. However everything changed that night. The night he was suppose to attend the high school party with her like he had promised when she told him how unsettled she was at heart. He promised her that he'd be there with her when he held her in his arms in bed the night before he left for a short shooting in Jeju Island.

That day was pouring and she waited for him outside the lobby patiently. He never came. 

"Tae?" She called him and he picked up after a while. "Where are you?"

"Sorry Taehee. I don't think I can come. Something has come up." He replied.

"Is it her? It's her isn't it." Tears were already falling by the time she managed to ask him that question.

"I'm sorry, Taehee ah. But I need to go to her, I can't continue this any longer." His voice shook with guilt but he was determined to break it off.

"Tae, babe, you promised me. You said you don't take promises lightly. Please don't leave me." She begged over the call.

"I'm sorry." He hung up before she could say anything. "Taehyung! Tae!" 

The raining didn't slow down one bit and she was dragged to the corner of the venue by a classmate who had too much to drink.

 

--Taehyung--

 

Jihoon brought Taehee home after she fainted dismissing all the members' protests of having her brought home instead of to the hospital. Laying Taehee down in her bed and asking Leah to go wipe grab a wet towel to wipe off the sweat that was forming, he grabbed Taehyung who was standing in the room out to the living room.

"Are you happy now?" He grumbled angrily, "Just leave." 

"Jihoon, what's going on? Why is Taehee like this?" Leah asked when she walked out of the room worried. "She's been whimpering in her state since you brought her home." 

He placed his hands on his hips and stared at Taehyung and everyone else. "I told you...I specifically told you all to stay out of Taehee's past! Now look what happened." He said running his hand across his forehead.

"You never told us why; all you said was to stay away. But what are we staying away from?" Namjoon defended. Taehyung was just as confused as everyone and he stood in front of Jihoon. He wanted to know what happened that year, why Taehee is so affected by it.

"Tell me what happened." Taehyung said swallowing back his fear of knowing the truth.

"What do you want to know?" Jihoon glared at him and plopping back onto the sofa. "Which part? The part where you dumped her? The physical and ual assault that happened that night when she screamed for you?" Taehyung's heart dropped as the words coming out of Jihoon's mouth stabbed him.

"W--what do you mean assault?" Taehyung his dried lips.

Jihoon took a deep breath and closed his eyes before he started. The members pulled Taehyung down to sit on the couch opposite from Jihoon after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter