Chapter 18

Scenery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Taehee--

 

Here I am, sitting in the taxi in front of the venue where the reunion had already begun. I was wearing a simple strapped red dress that had a slit up to my mid thigh, hugging my body tightly. I refused to wear it in the beginning but Leah insisted I wear something elegant. I looked down at my phone reading the incoming text that came in from Jungeun. 

Come in. I'm waiting for you at the doors.

I clutched my phone and pulled the strap of my bag onto my shoulders before thanking the driver and heading towards the gates. I walked in and was greeted by Jungeun who was waving excitedly at me. I gave her a smile and walked over which she gladly wrapped her arm around mine and dragged me inside.

"Everyone has been asking for you." She said and I just smiled trying to calm down my unsettled heart. I stopped for a moment and she stared at me with concern, "Are you okay?" 

I placed my hand over my chest and swallowed hard. I looked around the room and for the most part saw a lot of familiar faces. They were happily chatting with each other while clinking glasses of champagne and wine. I shook my head feeling a bit lightheaded all of sudden, this scene is so familiar.

Seeing a waiter walking by with a tray of champagne filled glasses, I quickly grabbed one to drink hoping to moist my dry throat.

"Looks, like she's here." Someone pointed at me with a smile and I froze when everyone's eyes came to me. I hated this. I was reliving that day that I had forgotten and now my mind is slowly running it's memory tape.

 

--Taehyung--

 

Everyone was finishing up their last recording for the day and Taehyung was the last one to record his part. The ones that finished their recordings would usually leave to do what they needed to do but today they all decided to stay behind. 

After a couple of tries, Taehyung managed to finish it without any regrets. The members praised each other for finally finishing up their recordings and hugged each other in sense of accomplishment.

"Should we go head out tonight for some pork belly?" Jin suggested. 

"Sure!" The members agreed.

"Might as well fill up before our schedules get packed after this." Namjoon added.

"Call your wives." Jin said as he took the keys from the manager and they walked to the parkade. Yoongi and Hoseok called their wives and went towards their own cars to go back home to pick up the two. 

"We'll meet you there hyung." Yoongi said through his rolled down window before heading off.

Taehyung closed his eyes for a bit and remembered that Taehee was at her reunion that night. He pulled out his phone to text her asking her if she was okay. She had told him this morning she was okay to go since Jungeun was also there and would definitely take care of her but he was still concerned. He texted her but she didn't respond. Although his heart was telling him something was going to happen, he dismissed it as being overthinking because of what she said yesterday.

"Let's go take our seats first, it's a Wedsnesday night so there's barely anyone here." Jimin said as he hopped out of the vehicle with a mask on and soon was followed by the rest.

"We're expecting 4 more people coming, we'll order when they get here." Namjoon said with his dimple smile as he apologized. 

"Hyung... can I order like a small appetizer? I'm hungry.." Jungkook mumbled with a pout.

"Maknae can start eating first then. You order." Jin said pushing the menu towards Jungkook and his bunny smile started showing. Being the youngest, he's been showered with love since he had joined the group. Most of the time, the members couldn't say no to him. 

Just as Jungkook was eating, Jimin received a phone call from Hoseok. 

"Yes hyung? We're already here. Where are you?" He answered. Jimin's sudden change of voice caused the members to look over at him. "Okay hyung. We'll be right there." 

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked.

"Let's go, something's up. Leah called Eunhae saying to meet at her apartment. It's about Taehee." Jimin said standing up and grabbing his coat. The members quickly rushed out of the restaurant, apologizing a thousand times as they passed each employee for leaving without eating.

Reaching the apartment, Hoseok, Eunhae, Yoongi and Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter