Chapter 15

Scenery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Taehee--

 

I couldn't sleep that previous night at all. Receiving that invitation really did make me think whether I should go or not. I didn't have no one to discuss it with because I was scared they might be drawn into my pit of fear which I was still trying to unravel myself. I don't know why I feared meeting these people again, was it because of that night I couldn't remember? Like Jungeun said, no one told her anything about that night either and no one has spoken about it since. 

I decided to text her up to ask whether she was going and maybe that will influence my decision. 

[TH]: I received the invitation. How did they even know I was here?

[JEun]: You did?! I know I shouldn't have told them without your permission but you really missed out 4 years of reunion. Some actually asked how you were doing after they found out I met you again.

[TH]: So it was you.

[JEun]: I'm sorry! ): Please forgive me. 

[TH]: I'm just joking. Do they know about me losing my memory?

[JEun]: I didn't say anything. But are you coming?

[TH]: I'm not sure. Are you?

[JEun]: I always go, I'll be there if you want to come.

[TH]: I don't know...I feel scared.

[JEun]: I understand. Its uncertain what happened that night 5 years ago but if you want to find out, this may be your chance.

[TH]: I'll think about it.

I put my phone down and thought about what she said. My chance to find out the last piece of the puzzle. I closed my eyes and once I fell asleep, another day at work started. 

------

There was only a week left until the reunion date and I have finally decided to go. It was also time for me to let go of those who chose to stay by my side. I was trying to distance myself. I have finally made up my mind to break things off with Jihoon. Taehyung on the other hand would do his best to get my attention and he did, I couldn't avoid him at all. Eunhae and Yoojung along with the members were also finding their own ways to see me, to keep me from straying too far. 

To be honest, I felt safe with them. They cared for me even though most have just met me. 

I sat in the meeting room but my mind was elsewhere, Leah who was sitting next to me have noticed my strange act and began questioning me what was wrong. I just shook my head. After the meeting I just simply told her, "I'll see you at home. I have something I want to say."

I didn't eat lunch, I just didn't have an appetite. I walked by the members' practice room and saw them through the slightly open door. I looked in to see Eunhae and Yoojung setting out lunch for the members. I scoffed at myself, "So my heart just leads me here..." I just sat next to the door and couldn't bring myself to go in. Why was I acting this way? I wasn't sure myself. I just wanted to be comforted. My insides were unsettling and everything seemed too calm before the storm. I just wanted someone to tell me that everything will be okay, I just...wanted Taehyung. Realizing I still loved him and I just needed him to hold me and say everything was going to be okay. 

Maybe I wasn't meant to be here in the first place, that's why I lost what I lost. Without realizing my eyes were already glistening with tears as I walked away and acccidentally bumped into the choreographer. 

"Oh Taehee, why are you--" He said but he stopped when he saw my face. 

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I said before he could say anything more.

 

--Taehyung--

 

The members were joking and laughing like they usually do when they practice. They gathered when the food was already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter