Connected

Destiny

We messaged each other more often, I didnt have to wait a week for the reply. Yongsun is getting a hang of being able to talk to me as part of her life. I dont feel like a stranger but a constant buddy, greeting her every morning, talking everything thats happening with us through out the day and the last one to talk to at night. It feels like I'm in a long distance relationship, but I'll take what I can get. This is not the time to be greedy, I can feel that she enjoys talking to me, We even have phone calls and video calls in between. I havent got a chance to go back to Busan since I'm too busy with work and other activities that are scheduled, so we havent meet up since. 

 

I got a song stuck in my mind purely because of its tune and also Dahee's influence, so I asked Yongsun to listen to it. "Yong listen to Marvin Gaye its so good" i said enthusiastically. "Ok can you give me a link?" So I send the youtube link so she could enjoy it. Later that day while I was working I got a call from her. "Hey Byul, why did you recommend the song?" I was wondering why would she ask that so I answered truthfully "I like it, its good" "Do you know what it means?" she ask carefully "No, I just like the beat, I havent looked at the lyrics yet or understand fully, why?" she changed her tone into a surprised one "Oh! nothing, I thought you recommend it because of the lyrics" "Ah, no, i just like the sound, I thought you might like it, I'm a little bit busy, can I call you later?" "Oh sure, sorry, I'm with my friends" "Ok, enjoy! I'll call you later" "Bye". We hang up the phone and I hurriedly check out the lyrics of the song. I was surprised that its like inviting someone to have with a person and then it hit me, did it gave Yongsun the impression that the reason I ask her to listen to it is because I want to have with her!?

 

I hit my head because of my stupidity, its not like I'm getting there yet. I want to spend time with Yongsun without having this in mind, I want to enjoy her company first and hang out and see where we go from there. But my brainy stupidity just have to get in the way of this non awkward relationship. So I called her again after a few hours "Hello?" "Hi Byul whats up?" " I'm really sorry Yong, I just look up the lyrics and I didnt mean for you to listen to it because of it" " Its ok, I was just surprised cause my friend and I were listening to it and she kinda looked at me in a weird way, and then she asks me why would you let me listen to it, is there a reason behind it? so thats why I called you" " I'm sorry again Yong, I just really enjoy it, and since Dahee unnie like the song so much, I kinda hyped it too" "Its okay, dont worry to much Byul-ah" "Okay, I'll call you again later, sorry again"

 

Well that was a relief, at least that clears up the misunderstanding. So over the weekend I went to Bucheon our hometown, I am having a great time with the whole clan in our traditional house. Since we dont have anything to do but lounge around, I kept messaging Yongsun the whole day. She asks me what I do at the moment and talking when we got time. I realize that Yongsun is taking up too much of my time, I cant function without talking to her since we met again. And definitely this is too much conversation in a day between two friends.

 

Seulgi my cousin came up to me "Unnie, your always on your phone, do you have a new girlfriend?" "No, its just a friend whom I havent met for a long time" "You want her to be your girlfriend?" Seulgi looked so innocent, so I'm guessing she's really genuinely asking me and not teasing me, so I answered her honestly, "I dont know, I think so? I'm having a good time talking to her, although I have a crush on her ever since, but things are different now, she's not what she was before" " So what's keeping you from courting her?" "Actually, nothing..." I thought about it and in reality there's no stopping me from pursuing this feeling for Yongsun. "Hmmm you have a good point there Seulgi-ah" "I just want you to be happy Unnie, you know I'm always here, you dont have to be alone" Seulgi touched me for being able to convey her feelings for me "Im lucky to have you as family Seulgi, I'll keep that in mind, thank you", with that me and Seulgi enjoyed the vacation with the rest of our family.

 

Im developing this feeling for Yongsun, after a month since we met, even though we are distant with each other, my feelings for her grow each day. Since my birthday is coming up I asked Yongsun if she can visit me in Daegu which she is more than willing to agree to. I'm thinking a lot about it, I think this is the right time to tell her my feelings, in front of her... with her. She arrived late in the evening, we went straight at my house and since I'm living alone I ushered her in my bedroom. "Wow! your room is so big, do you have other rooms?" she asked "Unfortunately this is the only room in the house, I bought this after I sold the family house and since I'm alone I dont think I need another room right?" "Hmmm... make sense" "You're okay with this right?" she looks at me questioningly "Of course! Why wouldnt I be?" I chuckled and look at her teasingly "You're so used to us sleeping together right?" as I raise my eyebrows, she hit me at my arm which is quite painful "ert!" then we laughed heartily together.

 

We ordered take out and wait for it in the living room, we ordered tteokbokki, jjajangmeun and kimchi jjigae which are our favorites. We watched TV while eating and when we finished, we washed up and get ready for bed. Yongsun and I are so comfortable with each other, there is never an awkward moment between the two of us. We lay in bed cuddling and talking "I like laying in bed with you" I said nonchalantly "Me too, you're so soft to hug" my left arm is under her head and she is hugging me from the side. "There are different kinds of hug" "Really? What kind of hug are we doing right now?" I hug her tightly and rub her back slowly and gently "This is the I care for you hug" she smiled "Hmmm.. I like this hug, what else?" I hug her loosely but my hands are pressuring her back with lust "And this is the erted hug" I look at her and she made this snort and we laughed so loud at what I said. "Why does it feel like you're massaging me if its erted?" "Well maybe you interpreted it wrong!" and then we laugh some more, I feel so happy and I cant stop myself from saying how I feel, so i looked at her with a smile on my face "Yongsun, I like you!" and then she looked at me and gave me the prettiest smile and said "I know, I like you too."