Constancy

Destiny

My relationship with the Kim family is sailing smoothly, only one thing we haven't done is to confess to them that we are already dating each other. We always go on road trips and vacations ever since Yongsun and I got together. We went to a country where there is island hopping available and we enjoyed the whole day. Yonghee and Ravi also enjoyed my company, we often go out even without Yongsun with us since she's busy in school work on some weekends that I get to visit. The three of us sometimes make fun of Yongsun and although I get to treat her as a friend outside, it was a whole different world when the doors are closed. When we go on vacations we tend to book only one room usually a family size, the set would always be Yonghee with Ravi, Mr. and Mrs. Kim and Me and Yongsun, sometimes we can't stop ourselves from cuddling even though we are in the same room as the family especially when we are already asleep.

 

Mrs. Kim always catches us hugging each other on the bed and even outside the house, which somehow I got a glare but that's because Yongsun is always jumping off my embrace. "You know if you tend to get away, the more they will suspect because it looks like we are doing something wrong if you want to hug me then hug me as friends do" "Is it really ok?" "Of course, I do that to Wheein all the time why can't I do that to you? Are you really that afraid that your parents will get angry?" "No.," she said cutely "How would you know?" "Well, Ravi is gay and he already came out to my parents," she said thinking if she did the right thing since she outed her brother to me "Well I know, its kinda obvious" I assured her. "You don't want them to know about us?" I ask hoping she would say no "No, I'm going to tell them". Well, that's a relief.

 

Yongsun's family went to their fathers' hometown in Gwangju, where they had a good time and she always messages me with different vegetables and sometimes a lot of meat that they cook in a large wok and the whole family eat from there. I was looking at the photos and Wheein caught me smiling at it, "Unnie you look like you will kiss the photos" I was caught in a moment and I just smiled, "Oh, I was just jealous because Yongsun's family are at their family reunion" "Then why didn't you come, I thought you are part of the family" "Well I have a lot of things to do since I'm always at their place and it's four days, I can't leave the company" Wheein nods "So what's your status with Yongsun unnie, are you guys open to her parents?" I shake my head and Wheein sighed "You want to go out and drink tonight?" I smiled at her "Yeah, sure".

 

That night Wheein, Hwasa and I got together for some drinks, we went to a bar near my house so that we can easily go home when any of us get drunk. Hwasa is so happy to see us again after her busy schedules and Wheein is glad to see Hwasa after a long time, we sat at the corner of the bar and ordered my usual beer and the other two girls were sharing a soju, "Why do I get the feeling that we should've gone to a bbq house rather than here if you two are getting soju" the two girls laugh "We like it hard unnie" Wheein said after she took a shot "So unnie, I heard from Wheein that you and Yongsun haven't come out yet to her parents" now I know why Hwasa is here, "I'm giving her time, besides we're happy, she's not like Krystal that doesn't want me to meet her parents" 

 

Hwasa's eyebrow raised "Are you sure the two of you are ok?" suddenly Yongsun sent me another family picture, everyone was smiling and holding chocolates "Of course! look she even sent me their picture to make me feel jealous, awww..." Wheein almost spit out her shot as I cooed "Can we not talk about it anymore it's getting me goosebumps, but really unnie its been three years" I close my phone and sneered at her "Can't you just wait, Yongsun loves me and she already told me that she'll confess just give it time" after that the girls both agreed to what I said and went on drinking. They end up sleeping at my house and the two of them was sleeping on the made-up bed that laid on the floor inside my room, both of the girls look cute cuddling together.

 

Since Yongsun and I became together there is a sense of freedom in our relationship, even though we are not together physically and follow other couples that would check on each other, the two of us aren't like that. Since our schedules where usually routine work and home when we talk each other at the end of the day its always the same, she vent her frustrations at work and I will comfort her and give her virtual hug and I would kiss her through video call where she always rejects and put the camera at her feet. I don't know if she has foot but that became pretty normal. We inform each other about our travel to other places with other people, sometimes if we are just meeting friends nearby we won't have to tell each other, we'll just know if we got home.

 

Yongsun also loves drinking out and since she has a lot of friends they always ask her to come along, sometimes when I visit her they will tag me along too that's how Yongsun integrates me with the people in her life so we learn to trust each other. When she lived with me in Daegu she also met my friends other than Wheein and Hwasa, so she knows who I hang out with and we don't have to lie to each other. We are so comfortable at talking to each other's feelings that even though I'm angry and irritated or even when I just jokingly say mean things to her she doesn't mind it. She is so understanding that I won't have to weigh her mood because she's just always happy.

 

The most wonderful thing about our relationship is my financial freedom, unlike Krystal where I always pay for our food, hotels, travels and even shopping, Yongsun is very different. She doesnt want me to buy her stuff unless there is a special occasion because she prefers the things I made for her. When we go out to eat, I can freely ask who would pay for the food which is very unusual for me before we met, but she insists on paying so I don't defy her anymore. She's a cheapskate so we don't splurge on things that are unnecessary, I learned from her how to save my money. We don't even go to expensive restaurants, she always says that we should go to those cheap but delicious stalls that she currently discovered, sometimes I still encourage her to eat lavishly so that we can eat what I want.

 

All of those Yongsun's traits gave me a sense of security, we are stable and if I have the chance to do so I would've married her after a year in our relationship. She is such a burst of sunshine to my life, even though there are trials we are together. I always listen to her and remind myself that she needs me, if I became angry because of her I assess myself since Yongsun won't change anytime soon, it's me who changes and I need to be on the lookout of my behavior and adjust again to be just carefree and stop worrying all the time. I was deep in my thoughts while looking at the two young girls sleeping when my phone gave a notification, as I read her message I can't help but sigh.

 

Yongie: I love you, Byul-ah