Exuberance

Destiny

One month has passed and Yongsun went back to Busan, I've been missing her terribly so I decided to go to her every weekend. The new year is coming and their whole family is having a gathering in her cousin's house, she invited me to come since I don't have anyone to celebrate the new year with. Her family also asked me to join, they said it would be fun so I agreed. I was thinking of a gift to express my feelings for her, so I looked on the internet for a while, since she is a very sentimental person I decided not to buy a gift but to make one. Thankfully I'm an arts and crafts kind of person so I think I can manage to make one. While looking I stumble into a video of a surprise box, it's so cute with tiny little trinkets inside. I decided to try it and if I succeed I'm sure she'll like it.

 

I went to the supplies store and bought a lot even though it's only a small box in dimension but there are a lot of sides to cover. For the center, I decided to put one chocolate because I think that it would be sweet. I managed to make the surprise box with my long hands which are hard since the papers I have to cut and paste are small. It's been four days and Yongsun is kinda pissed off because I'm always busy, I couldn't even tell her what I'm doing that's why she's telling me that I don't like her anymore but in reality, it's because of her.

 

"Byul! you don't like me anymore!" she said over the phone whining "How can you say that babe?" I asked laughing

"You do not talk me, you're always doing something, you don't like me!" she's almost crying now "Yongie don't cry, ok if it's going to make you feel better, I'm doing a little something just for you!" way to go spoiling my surprise "Really?" "Would I lie to you?" "Hmmm I don't know" she's baby talking now and I can't contain myself from giggling. "When are you coming here?" "I think three days before the new year" "Ok see you then" Bye Yong" the line went dead 'Tsk, she didn't even say goodbye to me' I went back to my project after that. 

 

I went to Busan as promised, I messaged Yongsun that I'm near and saw her waiting for me at the front porch, 'She's too excited, she even wait for me' I smiled widely at her after I parked the car. She walked up to me and gave me a very tight hug which I really appreciate. Her whole family was in the living room, doing their thing and when her mom saw me she immediately drag me towards the kitchen and fed me different kinds of food as they have always. Her dad was asking me about my trip and I talked to him about the latest road innovation coming to Busan. We had a very good conversion so I remembered to give them my gift for Christmas, they are all happy to receive it and Yongsun is waiting for her turn.

 

"Where's my gift?" "Why would you think that you have one?" I teased "Eung- ah-" she made that sound when she's whining, I was laughing so hard because I want to for being so childish. "Come on let's go to your bedroom" we left her family and made way to her room where I carry my things. "Ok sit down and close your eyes" she did what I told her and I rummaged through my things to get that small box for her "Ok, open your eyes now" when she did she smiled so wide with a sparkle in her eyes and held out her hand, "What's this?" "Open it!" then she opens the box and it revealed so many trinkets and messages and small games and pictures that I made with my hands. She is so happy and checking out every part of the box that contains our photo, a maze where her face is the moving photo and at the end of the maze is a picture of my face waiting for her. She really enjoyed my gift for her that even though we are sleeping the box is on her side, I've never been so proud of myself.

 

Apparently Yongsun's cousin's on her mother's side are just having vacations every year, they live in the west so their customs are different, I never thought this side of her exist, no wonder she is very independent unlike others I know, even on Mr. Kim's side his family are mostly living in Hawaii, so there's a very strong influence of individuality and fewer restrictions in their family. Since my parents died I also live the way I wanted, its refreshing to have someone to share the same opinion on things. Yongsun brought the surprise box at the party, she showed it to her cousin and she was amazed too, they have a very good relationship even though they just saw each other every few months.

 

It was a fun evening, we ate a lot of food and we jammed to music, its like a scene in the movie of the west where they go to a cabin and have a good time around a bonfire. Her cousins brought out sticks, marshmallows, and chocolate graham, they started to put marshmallows on sticks and put it in the bonfire. Its the first time I've seen something like that in real life and I was honestly very curious "Wow, you really do that huh?" "Why? You haven't tried this?" her cousin asks "No, it's my first time" "Really? Where did your childhood go" well I was taken aback, it must be normal for them to do this and since Yongsun does it with them even if she lives here, they might have thought that it's normal here. "People don't do it here," Yongsun said to her cousin "Oh really? my bad Byul" "It's ok, at least I got to try this for once" It was so good especially with the chocolate graham, the marshmallow is crispy outside but gooey on the inside "You really like it" Yongsun sneakered "Here have some more, we have plenty" how could I pass this food, so I dig in.

 

It's almost midnight we are all outside looking at the sky and the boys have a lot of fireworks to light later, we also have our sparkles to light up when the clock strikes twelve. Then it started, the boys light up the fireworks and everyone was singing Aude Lang Syne, I don't know the lyrics so I was just humming along while waving my sparkles. Yongsun was singing too and I can't help but stare at her, her smile is so infectious that I can't help but fall in love with her again. After the celebrations, we all went home since they plan to have a road trip somewhere, "Are you guys really like this every year?" "Yes, why?" "Well, I think its fun, I never experience this before during the new year" "I told you its fun" I hugged Yongsun and started kissing the beauty beside me, we made love that night making sure she felt my deep feelings for her and assure her that I'm always here loving her.