Twenty-Three Endings

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

''The crown princess' face has finally been revealed!"

"The nation is asking for the princess' name!" 

"A series of adorable photos of the royal couple have been reveled!"

"My personal favorite is the one of them staring at each other while smiling!"

"My favorite is the one were he kissed the bridge of her nose."

 

Iseul spun around on Taeyong's swivel chair, her, Jaehyun, and Seol had a meeting with the king in fifteen minutes. 
Taeyong looked at her, his hands on his hips. "Do you realize what you guys have done?" Taeyong asked. Iseul nodded, "Got an entire nation to freak out over how cute I am?" 

Jaehyun chuckled, he was sitting on the edge of Taeyong's bed. 

"You guys have completely ruined an entire contract! Why wouldn't you come to me for help, instead of that stupid 'plan B' crud you guys went with!" 
Jaehyun shrugged, "I honestly didn't even think about that." Iseul nodded in agreement. "I figured you would try to stop us, you know, being the Chancellor and all." Jaehyun finished. 

Taeyong throw his hands in the air, "I freaking got you guys to mend your stupid relationship! Why would I be against it!?" Taeyong's voice continued to rise. 
"I should have known something was up when I didn't hear from any of you yesterday!" He ran a hand throw his hair. 

"Taeyong, you need to relax." Jaehyun said. "We'll get it solved, and plus, the plan was to stop the engagement--so really, we did a great job." He smiled. 

"What if they don't stop the engagement? What if they announced the princess is Seol, then the entire nation thinks you cheated?" 

Jaehyun and Iseul shared a look, "Well," Iseul began, "we'll see." 

Taeyong sighed, "You two are so stupid." 

 

~~~~~~~

 

As soon as they walked into the kings chambers, they were greeted by a furious looking Mr. Lee--the king on the other hand didn't seem too upset. 

Seol was also with them now, they walked over to the table and took their seats. 

"Do you care to explain yourselves?" The king asked calmly. Mr. Lee, on the other hand, stood up and slammed his hands onto the table. 
"What do you think you were doing!?" He yelled at no one in particular. "You!" He pointed to Iseul, "I've let you be friends with my children, and this is how you repay me?!" Iseul winced at his loud voice. She wasn't scared of Mr. Lee, but his voice was loud enough to hurt her ear drums. 

"Mr. Lee, please take your seat." The king said, leaving no room for Mr. Lee to disobey. 

"I don't want to marry Lee Seol." Jaehyun said straight foreword. 

The king nodded, "I think I got that part." He slightly smiled. 

"That wasn't your decision!" Mr. Lee yelled.

''I don't want to be with someone I don't like. I shouldn't feel apologetic to an old man with anger issues." He said, clearly calling Mr Lee out. Which only fueled his anger. 

Before anyone else could speak, the king directed a question to Iseul. 

"Do you like my son?" He asked. Iseul nodded, "How do you feel about the palace, and the lime light and the prospect of being a princess?" Iseul her lips that had gone dry. "I'm intimidated by it...but not against it." The king nodded. Then turned to face Seol. "How do you feel about my son?" Seol stared straight back at him. "I think he's nice, in a friend kind of way." The king nodded, "And how to you feel about being a princess?" Seol scrunched her face up, "Not very keen." 

The king nodded. He looked at all the younger people at the table, he noticed how Iseul and Jaehyun sat close by each other, and he was almost positive their hands were interlaced under the table. 

He looked to Mr. Lee. "I think the contract will be terminated. We will follow all the termination agreements, and keep the Lee's in the palaces good graces." 

Everyone's smile grew--except for the angry man beside the king. "B-but your majesty!" The king narrowed his eyes, "Do you have any com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter