Ten Cliches

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How do the Kim's know that she's back in Korea? I thought you said no one here knew her." The king asked Mr. Lee. 

"I assume news has spread," Mr. Kim explained quickly. 

The king rubbed his face, a sign of exhaustion, "How is she supposed to be two people at once?" Mr. Lee couldn't say anything, he had no idea how this was going to work. 

"Let me see the invitation." Mr. Lee hurriedly handed the king the piece of paper. 

A ball is coming! We hope you can make it. 
Invite for: Mr. Lee and his two children

The king read it over, "You," he pointed to the maid who was standing off to the side, "go get Lee Seol." 

The maid hurriedly scattered away. 

-----------

Iseul nervously knocked on the kings door. "Come in," his stern voice rang out. Iseul did as told, as soon as she was inside she took notice of Mr. Lee. The king handed her the invitation not saying a word till after she read it. 

"Ah, the crown prince told me about this, sir" The king nodded,

"You are expected to me there as Seol," Iseul nodded along, "the problem is, you will also be making an appearance as the crown princess." Iseul's eyes widened, "How?" The king clasped his hands in-front of him. 

"Our original plan; was for you to wear a eye mask and show up for one dance then leave...but now it seems you will have to act as two people." Iseul scratched her head, Huh? 

"How will I do that?" 

"You will show up as Miss Seol, then for the main dance of the night you will have to slip away and change into a different gown and something to hide your face, then you will leave and come back as Seol." Iseul was beginning to feel stressed, "But- Isn't that too much? Can't we just say Seol can't make it." 

Mr. Lee shook his head, "This is going to be 'Seols'," he used his figures for air quotes, "first appearance in Korea since she was three, we can't turn it down without having backlash." 

Iseul really didn't understand the rich people world. But it's not like she could say anything at this point. 

---------

"Alright, that's good for today everyone!" The teacher yelled, everyone sighed in relief; they'd gotten through the first rehearsal. Jungwoo gave her a salute before getting off stage. Everyone steadily left the auditorium. 

Iseul looked around, Mark still hadn't arrived, he had a class that got rescheduled and ended up making it to where he'd miss her rehearsal. Mark was being extremely paranoid about it but Iseul just laughed and told him that; 'she was a big girl and could manage on her own'.

Iseul closed her eyes as she took a few gulps of her water. 

The feeling of someone tapping their hand on her shoulder made her turn around, she immediately recognized the girl behind her. 

It was the blonde girl that was throwing a fit the day that the cast got announced. The girl was st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter