Twenty-One Times You've Apologized

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter! At least the first sentence^^ it says what the next chapter will center around:))

 

October twenty-fifth

 

Jaehyun ignored the pounding of his head. And his door. 

Finally the knocking on the door came to a stop, and Jaehyun could finally start to drift back off into dreamland, to dreams that were filled with her. 
But, before he was fully asleep the door burst open and in walked his security guard, Jeno. 

"Sir, your father has been waiting for you, he said Lee Seol has arrived and is waiting to meet you." Jeno said. For a second the name made Jaehyun's heart beat, until the realization hit him, that's not her name. 

"Tell him I don't want to meet her." His voice came out hoarse, you could hear the slight cracking in it. A sure sign that more then a few tears had fallen. 

Jeno stood tapping his foot for a minute, until he gave up, he was convinced nothing would get the prince to move. 

After all, as soon as he'd gotten back the night before; he stormed into his room and locked the door. The other security guards had asked Mark about it. 
From what Jeno gathered: The prince had been lied to, and exploded on his friends and the Chancellor, before leaving and coming back here. No one had talked to him since, well until now, that is. 

So, Jeno left, having failed his task. 

 

Jaehyun huffed when he heard the door shut. 
The anger from the night before had gone. And instead he was left with the sadness, and the feeling of being a fool. A fool for believing everything he had been told, a fool for falling for someone, and a fool for thinking the people around him cared about him. When in the end, it was money and politics they all cared about. 

As that thought crossed his mind, so did the memory of his 'explosion' the night before. 
 

~~~~~~

Jaehyun stomped out of the room, ripped letter in hand. Anger shone on his face, "You have all just been lying to me!" Jaehyun's voice dripped venom as he held up the ripped letter. "What are you talking about?" Sicheng asked, the only one in the group who didn't know who 'Seol' really was. 
Taeyong placed his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder, "Let's not talk about it here, there are too many peo--" Jaehyun smacked his hand off, "So you did know? Yuta?" He turned to his friend. Yuta's face gave him away, "You too..How could you guys not tell me!?" 

Everyone remained quite. 

Jaehyun scoffed and looked at them in disgust before he dropped the ripped pieces of paper and left. No one dared to follow after him. 

~~~~~~




Hours had passed since Jeno left, and still Jaehyun was under his comforter. A knock came at the door, the person didn't wait for an answer, they just walked in. 

"Jaehyun, you have to come greet Miss Lee." Taeyong said as he took a seat on the edge of Jaehyun's bed. 

"Go away." Jaehyun's voice was muffled from the comforter. 
"I know it's hard, Mark and I are upset she's gone too, but you can't mope around for long. You're still the prince." 
Jaehyun scoffed as he throw the comforter off of himself, 

"You guys are upset? Imagine being the only one in a room who didn't know about the real Seol!? Imagine how much of a fool I feel like! I was the clueless loser that you all pitied, and I was oblivious even to that!!" His voice rose to a dangerous height. 

Taeyong troubled his bottom lip for a minute, before softly speaking, 

"What are you going to do about it?" 

Jaehyun's forehead creased, "Huh?" Is all he said. 

"What are you going to do about it? Just sit here and wallow in your own self pity? Or are you going to get her back?" 

Get her back?

"She lied to me, for months." Jaehyun didn't yell, he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter