Third Idiot {New}

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be meeting that Lee girl?" Yuta asked, looking at his friend with a raised eyebrow.

Jaehyun scoffed, "You're crazy if you think I was actually going to go." 

Yuta couldn't help but roll his eyes, "You need to stop being such a twit." Jaehyun's glare didn't even faze Yuta as he took a sip of his tea. "You know you don't have a choice, you might as well just get it over with." Yuta doubted it would be as bad as Jaehyun has convinced himself it'll be, but of course, Yuta isn't in the same position; so how can he really know? 

Jaehyun tapped his fingers on the arm of his chair. just get it over with? He had to try his hardest not to lose his temper. He'd be lying if he said he thought arranged marriages are old school; they happen all the time with royalty. But, he never thought his dad would make him go through with one! After all, his dad married out of his own accord, so shouldn't he allow the same freedom to his son? 

Yuta stood up and patted Jaehyun's shoulder, "You'll have to meet her eventually...and, please think of this girl who's also being thrown into a marriage--to the Crown Prince at that." Yuta waited a moment for a reply that would never come. Finally he sighed and walked away, leaving his friend alone to his brooding. 

Jaehyun looked out of the window, at the rain which was pelting the window in an almost soothing way. "Lee Seol...what a mess."

=======

"They want me to live there!?" Iseul was almost sure she was going crazy, how could any of this be real? How could her friend her into this? She always knew she shouldn't have stopped those kids from bullying Haechan when they were eleven--if anything she should have joined them!

"You're going to damage your voice with all this yelling." Haechan patted his ringing ears, as Iseul ran her hands through her hair repeatedly. Haechan was walking her home, which he was beginning to wish he wasn't. 

"Haechan, they want me to move in, in two days!" She didn't understand how he could be so calm about all of this. 

"Iseul, you don't have to be so freaked out, you'll be out of there long before the wedding."

His words did nothing but remind her of another thing she should be stressed about. "How do you think the prince will feel when Seol suddenly shows up, and is all like: 'Surprise, I'm the actual Crown Princess!'?" Mr. Lee must not be in his right mind, because in no world could Iseul see this going well. 

Haechan actually had to pause and think for a moment. " Um...how about we just don't think about that yet?" He sent her a lopsided smile, which she met with a glare. 

"How can I not think about it? We're fooling most of Korea, and the rest of the world for that matter." Suddenly Iseul went quiet. How on earth was she going to pull this off? She isn't a professional actress, maybe she could charm her way past some things, but this was a big thing to get past. "I don't know if I can do this..." She admitted in an almost inaudible voice.

Haechan stopped walking and turned towards her, squishing her cheeks with both his hands on either side of her face. "If anyone can pull this off, it'll be you. And if you need anything, I'll only be a phone call away." She nodded after a second, making Haechan smile. "Good, now go inside, it's getting late." He nodded his head in the direction of her small apartment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter